Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Auburn Tiger A/S's

Our daughter just started at Auburn University this year, and yesterday we were at Auburn (AL) to drop our son off for the game (Auburn/Kansas State). We were driving around the campus, and lo and behold there is a tailgating area with hundred's of RV's. Most of you are probably saying duh, but to someone who went to college in the northeast, this is different! And in the midst of this RV city were a number of Airstreams!

Someone had a Bambi with Auburn colors awnings - very cool. So to any of you Auburn Tiger A/S'ers, War Eagle!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
War Damn Eagle !

Oh Yes!

Think Bama will ever spend the money it takes to compete with Auburn ?
Oh wait...they did.

klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
If you really want the best of SEC tailgating you need to come visit our campus home of the Ole Miss Rebels of course!!! By the way Auburn plays here this year come visit for some real down home southern hospitality.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Orange Beach , Alabama
This summer I attended the FBI Command College hosted at Ole Miss. I was very impressed by the beauty of the campus. The local residents encouraged me to return for a football game, said that the tailgating was on par with my LSU tigers in Baton Rouge. In any event the Ole Miss campus was first-class, as in $$$.
jdthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthor
This summer I attended the FBI Command College hosted at Ole Miss. I was very impressed by the beauty of the campus. The local residents encouraged me to return for a football game, said that the tailgating was on par with my LSU tigers in Baton Rouge. In any event the Ole Miss campus was first-class, as in $$$.
Yes when it comes to football season the money is flowing in this town, not enough motel rooms so folks rent there homes out for the weekends anywhere from $500 up to $1500 for Friday and Saturday nights.
The Grove where all the tailgating goes on is adorned with all the Red and Blue canopy's and you will even see candelabras, chandeliers, and Mama's best. And the aroma of bourbon will hit ya in the face before you get there.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
If you really want the best of SEC tailgating you need to come visit our campus home of the Ole Miss Rebels of course!!! By the way Auburn plays here this year come visit for some real down home southern hospitality.
Awesome idea - there's got to be an SEC theme here. According to Auburn's site, it looks like Ole Miss is playing Auburn at Auburn on October 27th - which for us conflicts with the Falluminum rally.

We may find ourselves continuing our family Thanksgiving tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving on the road - maybe this year at the Auburn/Alabama game at Auburn!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
I'm a Bama fan, but my wife is an Auburn Tiger. I've promised her that we will tailgate at Auburn once or twice this year. Good to hear about the Airstreams!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I am a AU grad (Class of '85, Architecture) and I used to see all of the motorhomes in the parking lot near the stadium, but I don't remember seeing any travel trailers and just figured only moho's tailgated at AU or the campus restricted parking on campus to motorhomes. I am aware, however, that there are two RV areas: the good spots go to the big donors, and the out of the way...i.e. nearly off campus spots...go to the non-donors and to the RV's with kids that don't want to be around a lot of partying.

So, no the question is, where do the Airstreamers park?
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Well, not all the Airstreams were in one location. But there were several near the intersection of S. Donahue and Len Morrison roads, not far from the medical clinic.

There were awesome sites (not Airstream) across the street from the art museum on the main road (College St. ??) heading towards the campus.