Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2022, 05:51 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Maumelle , Arkansas
So I am assuming that camping in Lot N will become available when F1 tickets become available? Or does camping availability get released sooner? I think it was April time frame last year but i don't remember for sure. Just trying to prepare.
kaferboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:58 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Good news. COTA just announced a five year extension on its F1 contract.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaferboy1 View Post
So I am assuming that camping in Lot N will become available when F1 tickets become available? Or does camping availability get released sooner? I think it was April time frame last year but i don't remember for sure. Just trying to prepare.
I reserved my Lot N space in October of 2020 when I reserved my tickets. I paid for both in April of 2021.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:23 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
We stayed in Lot N camping, which was $600 for the weekend. I don’t think they allow ebikes or scooters, but I’m not sure. Champions Club is expensive, but I think it’s worth it.
I agree completely. It is stupid expensive, but if you want to go, and can afford it, it is the best way to go. Plus those in the Paddock Club suites were sitting with the sun in their faces. Talked to some of them when they visited the Champions Club, and I think most of them were thinking they made a mistake in the paddock club.

I assume this past race that the generators rain continuously 24/7 during the race weekend in Lot N? I can't imagine it ever got cool enough to survive without AC?

So, hot.

I have attended 100s of races, and when I retire in a couple of years from now, I plan on doing several race weekends, but probably more Indy car because the crowds at F1 were just a hassle to deal with. This F1 race was a bucket list check off for me. Glad I did it, but doubt I would do it again.
xpcdoojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:35 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I’ve been to many F1 races and likely will attend many more. I’m busy during both of the US races this year, but I’ve got a ticket to Montreal. Not yet 100% sure I can attend, but we’ll see as the year unfolds.

I’d definitely camp at COTA again. It was so much nicer than fighting traffic.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 02-18-2022, 01:07 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Cool

Quote:
I’ve been to many F1 races and likely will attend many more. I’m busy during both of the US races this year, but I’ve got a ticket to Montreal. Not yet 100% sure I can attend, but we’ll see as the year unfolds.

I’d definitely camp at COTA again. It was so much nicer than fighting traffic.
Yeah, will they even race in Montreal? What a mess up there.

BTW, I will be ordering my Airstream next year so, I can have it when I retire. It will be an International 23FB.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:14 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Good question about the race in Canada. I assume it will still go as planned, but it’s hard to say. We’ve got tickets and a hotel reservation.

We love our 23FB. It’s perfect for the way we use it. I’m recently retired and we use it for recreational camping. It’s the perfect combination of form and function for my needs. Don’t get me wrong, the bigger trailers are very nice and I’d consider a bigger model if we used it differently.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 03-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #28
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Another Idea

Come to the SVRA / Trans AM on November 3 - 6. Everything is cheaper, free access to the paddock to see the cars, Weather is cooler and crowds are less. No traffic to fight in our out. More racing and more competitive.

There will be vintage formula cars as well as other vintage race cars from all era's. This is my favorite race at COTA.
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:43 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Come to the SVRA / Trans AM on November 3 - 6. Everything is cheaper, free access to the paddock to see the cars, Weather is cooler and crowds are less. No traffic to fight in our out. More racing and more competitive.

There will be vintage formula cars as well as other vintage race cars from all era's. This is my favorite race at COTA.
Or do both
Old 03-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Maumelle , Arkansas
Looks like tickets go on sale next week. It looks like camping is $750 this year for Lot N. Greedy bastards just keep jacking up the prices, LOL! Also, saw that Netflix just dropped the 2021 season of Drive to Survive. I'll be able to get my F1 fix until the first live race starts. ;-)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:19 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I have been watching pre-season testing in Bahrain this week o n F1 TV. As always, I’m excited for the new season!

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 03-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Maumelle , Arkansas
Tickets

I just reserved a spot in Lot N at the COTA for Oct. 2022! Time to start getting my rig set up for comfortable dry camping in Texas.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:49 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
San Luis Obispo , California
Got my lot N spot today, I look forward to meeting anyone on this forum who might also be going.
For those who have gone before and camped, what part of lot N is best to set up for the long weekend.

Ferrari & Red Bull are looking good this year! Nice to see all the changes shake up the teams.
Thanks,
Mike
mamorteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:28 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Where you set up on the N lot should depend on your seats and which gate you plan to enter. That said, there’s not a “bad” spot in the lot. A bigger concern is positioning your rig so that the afternoon sun is behind you, providing shade to your afternoon and evening seating area.

The weather was brutally hot and humid last year, so shade was greatly appreciated. Also remember that even though generators are not allowed to run overnight, they will be running non-stop the entire weekend if it’s hot. You just have to deal with it. Make sure to bring enough gasoline!

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 03-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Where you set up on the N lot should depend on your seats and which gate you plan to enter. That said, there’s not a “bad” spot in the lot. A bigger concern is positioning your rig so that the afternoon sun is behind you, providing shade to your afternoon and evening seating area.

The weather was brutally hot and humid last year, so shade was greatly appreciated. Also remember that even though generators are not allowed to run overnight, they will be running non-stop the entire weekend if it’s hot. You just have to deal with it. Make sure to bring enough gasoline!
Completely agree with that. We didn’t camp, but it was brutally hot last year.

JC
Old 03-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Santa Cruz , California
What an effort to get tickets on the first day they are available, but we got general admission and lot N! Yay! Hope for mild weather and fast cars!
TamaraTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:52 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
San Luis Obispo , California
Quote:

Thanks, hopefully it won’t be as hot as last year but I’ll have to make sure the trailer is positioned correctly to avoid the afternoon Sun just in case.
mamorteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:54 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
I believe that F1 is sold out for the weekend. I did hear some Saturday only tickets might still be available. Apparently they will not be adding more tickets like they did last year, possibly due to complaints of overcrowding.

In contrast, MotoGP seemed like fewer attendees this year but I don't know final numbers.

We are all set with camping and tickets, looking forward to the weekend. So great to see Ferrari doing well as it just is not F1 without Ferrari near the front.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:56 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamorteguy View Post
Thanks, hopefully it won’t be as hot as last year but I’ll have to make sure the trailer is positioned correctly to avoid the afternoon Sun just in case.
I would also add try to avoid the floodlights (in my case I made sure a big class A blocked the closest perimeter floodlight)
Old 04-14-2022, 10:10 PM   #40
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Haywood's Hill

Another place to camp. Adjacent to the track

http://https://sites.google.com/site/haywoodshill/
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote