Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Des Peres , Missouri
Which set of wires goes to PD4655 ?

I have a 2014 FC 25 and I have two sets of wires coming into battery box and I'm trying to find the ones coming from the charger to test the voltage from the converter.
I have a red/black with rubber boots and clamp on terminals.
I also have a set with copper terminals. One of these wires is red and black?

When I turned on the PD4655 with the slow blinking light, I tested the set with the copper terminals and did not get a 13.2V reading.

How do I test the converter to see that it is working at the battery box?

thanks
dmbecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Make sure use/store switch is in "USE"--else the battery charger may not be connected to the battery...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbecke View Post
I have a 2014 FC 25 and I have two sets of wires coming into battery box and I'm trying to find the ones coming from the charger to test the voltage from the converter.
I have a red/black with rubber boots and clamp on terminals.
I also have a set with copper terminals. One of these wires is red and black?

When I turned on the PD4655 with the slow blinking light, I tested the set with the copper terminals and did not get a 13.2V reading.

How do I test the converter to see that it is working at the battery box?

thanks
Mine is a 2016. In mine, the wires from the charger go to the buss bars, NOT directly to the battery. One is red (almost pinkish) and the other is WHITE. Both are 4awg.

The wires that come from the battery are two sets: the one with the clamps goes to the bus bars. The heavier one without goes to to the inverter.

I hope that helps.
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Des Peres , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
Mine is a 2016. In mine, the wires from the charger go to the buss bars, NOT directly to the battery. One is red (almost pinkish) and the other is WHITE. Both are 4awg.

The wires that come from the battery are two sets: the one with the clamps goes to the bus bars. The heavier one without goes to to the inverter.

I hope that helps.
OK, thanks
So, I can I test my converter at the batteries ?
I would think somehow an appropriate charging voltage is making it to the batteries? I'm assuming the test is to use a multimeter at the rubber booted bus bar connecters?
dmbecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Which set of wires goes to PD4655 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbecke View Post
OK, thanks

So, I can I test my converter at the batteries ?

I would think somehow an appropriate charging voltage is making it to the batteries? I'm assuming the test is to use a multimeter at the rubber booted bus bar connecters?

Yes if you are charging your batteries you should see that charge voltage showing up right at the batteries themselves.

Also, if the 12v items inside the trailer are working off of shore power then your converter is working.

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote