Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Electrical Power Bleed Issue....

Greetings all:

I seem to be having an issue with what looks like some type of power bleed.
The tail light seems to light up only the curb side and only 4-LED's on the corners. I have seen this before and it seems to have something to do with getting moisture in the trailer umbilical cord to the truck. This time seems different as the trailer have been in the shop for the last several weeks and no moisture is around to get at it. anyone got any ideas as to what might be happening and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4448-2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	283164  
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Then this morning I noted the little light above the dump gates seemed to be on. Well it wasn't on but it was sort of half on... As you will see from the following images the light seems to be bleeding also. The first image is what it looks like when the switch is off and the second image is with the switch on.
Again any help would be great

Thanks
Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4449-2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	283166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4450-2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	283167  

Old 04-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Chelsea , Maine
Not saying this is your problem, but any time I find a weird 12v problem, I look for a bad ground. If some other device, possibly way on the other side of your unit, has a bad ground, it can sometimes find the ground it needs by going through another device, such as a tail light.
First thing I would do is check battery connections. Make sure they are clean and tight. Then the other end of the ground wire.
Then, assuming the phantom lights are still lit, start pulling one 12v fuse at a time to see if the phantom lights go out. If so, you will know which circuit needs further investigation. It could be something silly like the refrigerator control circuit. Check all the grounds associated with that circuit.
Good luck.
Equal-I-Zer 10K/1000
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote