Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post

It would be one or the other, but not both.
Correct, as usual. What I meant was, while you can plug shore power or generator into either receptacle, the priority will be determined by the receptacle, not the source of power. So if the OP wanted to have shore power to have priority, shore power would have to be plugged into the right receptacle and therefore they are not truly interchangeable.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
DING! DING! DING!...........WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
Correct, as usual. What I meant was, while you can plug shore power or generator into either receptacle, the priority will be determined by the receptacle, not the source of power. So if the OP wanted to have shore power to have priority, shore power would have to be plugged into the right receptacle and therefore they are not truly interchangeable.

Al
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:09 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1988 Argosy 32
Lomita , California
it seems to me that the rear plug should be shore power input,and the front is for generator input.
if shore power stops and you start generator to feed the load the relay will change state
(relay coil hooked to gen input) this will prevent feeding gen to power lines and haveing
VERRY grumpy line men.the relay is a SAFETY DEVICE
Your plugs and wire may be fine and not need fixing at all.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:20 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
Smart plug

Check out the Smart Plug......heavy duty. Provides overheat protection.I have installed on my Flying Cloud

QUOTE=SilverEagle6;1689027]I have to of these, one front and one back. They are original equipment on my 2013. Appears the front one is no longer functioning.

Looking for recommendations for replacements, will probably do both. Leaning towards towards Marinco.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
When I had a 94 LY motor-home, I had an issue with one of the ATS. I found that one of the time-delay relays was defective, so I sourced the offending part and replaced it (at the time the cost was $10).
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote