Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
I dug around and found a great lower wattage compact microwave called an iwave cube - should be her soon. Google it and see if it works for your needs. Have fun!
That's awesome and it just might be exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for saving me the internet research time.
phbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
local group

Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #23
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur
Thanks Tin Hut - I'll pm you now. Would love to get on the list

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #24
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #25

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #26

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
Thanks for the support! Send me info on the Branson rally, would you? I have family in St. Louis and might just make it out that way. Love to meet you too!

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #27

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane
I did it to appease the parental units - they live nearby. It wasn't a bad park at all - and coming in off Bowen and I-20 made it really easy. Plus, the Target was practically across the street - which is awesome when you are nesting and figuring out all sorts of things you need for the trailer.

Can't park in my driveway or yard at home - so it was the closest I could get to being in my own place and having A/C and getting some stuff bought for the trailer. All in all - it was a decent place - and they were really friendly there.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #28

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Here is the link to sign up etc

http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...2011-10-14&c=1

We would love it if you joined us!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Pinky

The FAQ says the mw "packs" 600 watts. I don't kow if this is output or input. When your mw arrives could you please look at the back and let me know what the input power is? I need to find one that I can operate with my Honda 1000 watt generator. Thanks

Good luck on your backing up. I think successful backing up is mostly practice and having a good experianced helper. Never be afraid to get out and check clearances "just one more time". You don't want any dents on your new baby. They are unbelievably expensive to repair.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote