Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Out in the middle of nowhere , California
My second howdy

Ok, earlier in July I posted my hello. My husband and I bought a 19ft Safari Bambi SE LS. Enjoyed it, went camping in it about 4 or 5 times. We looked at it, like it, discuss the sleeping arrangements as my husband is 6'2 and I'm 5'4. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, but the hubby needs room. We decided that the 19footer would be fine in the winter and we'd sleep separately in the summer, when we didn't want to sleep as cozy.

Well, within the month of July, personally I thought it would take a year, my husband decided he wanted to upgrade to a 25 footer. I laughed, as I thought, wow, this took less than a year. I liked the Safari Bambi upgrading from a tent trailer, but I really did prefer sleeping with my husband in the same bed. He showed me some photos of the FB 25ft Safari and I thought, hmmm. So, August 19th we were off back to the Airstream Dealer for another buy. They were really nice, they took the "old" Airstream and actually had it sold before we returned it and we traded it for our 2007 25 ft FB SE LS.

After seeing the new AS in person I thought wow, should've done this from the get go, but who knew. We thought we did our homework and it was going to be fine. Part of the other reason for the smaller trailer was because we didn't want to have to buy a bigger truck. Well we have a new truck now. They pulled the older AS next to the new AS and we unloaded and loaded. Off we went and camping we were going. Granted it's only been one night, I truly love my new AS. Enough room for my hubby and I and the 85lb Yellow Lab.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	25002

Name:	AS2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	25003

Name:	AS3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	25004
crkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Congratulations on your new new trailer.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Sure looks like the 25 FB is gaining fans at a rapid pace. Upgrading in just a few months may be unusual. Determining what works and what doesn't work and then acting on the realization is good to see. It sure beats "making do." Congratulations on your decision. See you in Lake San Antonio in October.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
You are going to love the 25 FB. Our Lucy is a 2005 25 FB and she works great for us (2 persons).
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Out in the middle of nowhere , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
Sure looks like the 25 FB is gaining fans at a rapid pace. Upgrading in just a few months may be unusual. Determining what works and what doesn't work and then acting on the realization is good to see. It sure beats "making do." Congratulations on your decision. See you in Lake San Antonio in October.
Yes, we are much happier in the 25 FB and for us, I think it's the perfect one. Love the layout. I'm glad we didn't settle eventhough it was a tough way to go.

And yes, we will see you in Lake San Antonio in October. I can't wait. We've already got another mini trip planned prior to that. Suddenly camping is much more fun now. Easier, and if it rains, nooooo problem.
crkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by crkwolf
Suddenly camping is much more fun now. Easier, and if it rains, nooooo problem.
Well, actually, rain in certain volumes can be iffy. If you're interested, take a look at pictures of our maiden voyage, accent on the word voyage. The pictures are on the Forum under my name and also on our web site noted in the signature block below.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Ahoy ahoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
Well, actually, rain in certain volumes can be iffy. If you're interested, take a look at pictures of our maiden voyage, accent on the word voyage. The pictures are on the Forum under my name and also on our web site noted in the signature block below.
Thats not rain thats a flood! You must have felt like Noah.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Congratulations on your upgrade! That is one fine looking trailer you have (so was the old one).
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote