What a mess. I screwed this up totally. It will work but it aint gonna be pretty.
I drilled the hole through the outside the rivets did not reach through to the brackets. Huh?
Not even close.
So I riveted them on from the inside, leaving the hinged bracket in place so I could reattach to the holder bracket in the trailer.
Seemed to work fine. I put vulkem on the rivets and inserted the washer.
Then, the LaDue (POS) lifter popped off the bracket...wouldn't you know it. I tried best as I could to hammer it back onto the sorta triangular section that holds it. Not working.
Well- (please hold all nasty comments here)--LOL
I used JB Weld
to reattach the lifter to the hinged bracket.
Yeah I know...Now I am waiting for it to dry and see how it goes.
Also I have 6 small holes in the outer dome that I will have to fill with clear sealant.
Heading to the mountains this weekend, just hoping the screwed up Solardome will not blow off the roof.
If it stays on after a 4 hour drive I will consider it a victory. I could not open the old one so I wont even try to open this one. Just want to enjoy the lack of leaking and the
look of a nice new one on the roof.
Somedays it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.