Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
When towing our 2018 flying cloud 30 this past fall. The fixed cabinet piece (not a door) above the refrigerator came loose and caused four 1 inch cuts in the floor as it bounced around before settling. After two months of back and forth with AS, the dealer got approval to replace the floor. I did not realize the extent to which they would have to take the interior apart to do so. My gut is telling me that a local dealer replacing the floor and reinstalling the interior is likely to end up a lot worse than fixing/sealing the cuts even though they would still be visible. Does anyone know if they have to pull the entire interior out to include kitchen, bathroom, and shower or is it just the more bolt in type pieces like crunch, dinette, bed. Thoughts on how to proceed?
SasquatchAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchAL View Post
When towing our 2018 flying cloud 30 this past fall. The fixed cabinet piece (not a door) above the refrigerator came loose and caused four 1 inch cuts in the floor as it bounced around before settling. After two months of back and forth with AS, the dealer got approval to replace the floor. I did not realize the extent to which they would have to take the interior apart to do so. My gut is telling me that a local dealer replacing the floor and reinstalling the interior is likely to end up a lot worse than fixing/sealing the cuts even though they would still be visible. Does anyone know if they have to pull the entire interior out to include kitchen, bathroom, and shower or is it just the more bolt in type pieces like crunch, dinette, bed. Thoughts on how to proceed?
Portland airstream damaged my floor, I replaced it with plank flooring. I was Leary also, but they did an outstanding repair. It is not as bad as you think. I have a 2017 fc 28 rb
Flht2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0683.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	334834

We have had a hump in the floor at the left side of the hall near the shower since new (2009). Finally updating the trailer so I removed the vinyl flooring cover and found that AS installed the sub flooring joint misaligned at the place where the hump was. One wood panel was 1/4 inch above the other one that it was join to. Hope photos help you knowing that one it’s not water damage, the trailer was not coming apart, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	334836
Old 12-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

West Palm Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-Bob View Post
We have had a hump in the floor at the left side of the hall near the shower since new (2009). Finally updating the trailer so I removed the vinyl flooring cover and found that AS installed the sub flooring joint misaligned at the place where the hump was. One wood panel was 1/4 inch above the other one that it was join to. Hope photos help you knowing that one it’s not water damage, the trailer was not coming apart
Sorry to bump an old threads, but THANK YOU for posting this explanation and the attached images. It made me feel a little better about my situation.

We picked up our new 2020 FC27 a week ago and I just noticed a slight hump in the floor running side to side at the end of the hallway and entrance to the front bedroom. It’s been driving me nuts!
Jasper Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Ash View Post
Sorry to bump an old threads, but THANK YOU for posting this explanation and the attached images. It made me feel a little better about my situation.

We picked up our new 2020 FC27 a week ago and I just noticed a slight hump in the floor running side to side at the end of the hallway and entrance to the front bedroom. It’s been driving me nuts!

Same situation here. Thanks, that is what I thought too. Nice to know it isn't water damage, just sloppy installation.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
New Milford , Pennsylvania
I just brought my 2019 Globetrotter 25 FBT to Jackson Center for a very bad squeak in the bathroom and lesser squeaks in front of table and side seat. No bumps. They stated that would drop the tanks to repair and will take 3 days, maybe 4.
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Monrovia , California
I know this thread is a couple of years old, I also have a 19' and recently noticed a bump in the floor in front of the toilet. it is not just the linoleum, as others wrote, possible subfloor issue. It would take dropping the tanks to evaluate further. Steve, did you have it repaired? If so what was the problem and how did they fix it? Thanks!
Kay0 is offline   Reply With Quote