RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member
 
2018 30' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
When towing our 2018 flying cloud 30 this past fall. The fixed cabinet piece (not a door) above the refrigerator came loose and caused four 1 inch cuts in the floor as it bounced around before settling. After two months of back and forth with AS, the dealer got approval to replace the floor. I did not realize the extent to which they would have to take the interior apart to do so. My gut is telling me that a local dealer replacing the floor and reinstalling the interior is likely to end up a lot worse than fixing/sealing the cuts even though they would still be visible. Does anyone know if they have to pull the entire interior out to include kitchen, bathroom, and shower or is it just the more bolt in type pieces like crunch, dinette, bed. Thoughts on how to proceed?
SasquatchAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:49 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
 
Flht2k's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
sacramento , California
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchAL View Post
When towing our 2018 flying cloud 30 this past fall. The fixed cabinet piece (not a door) above the refrigerator came loose and caused four 1 inch cuts in the floor as it bounced around before settling. After two months of back and forth with AS, the dealer got approval to replace the floor. I did not realize the extent to which they would have to take the interior apart to do so. My gut is telling me that a local dealer replacing the floor and reinstalling the interior is likely to end up a lot worse than fixing/sealing the cuts even though they would still be visible. Does anyone know if they have to pull the entire interior out to include kitchen, bathroom, and shower or is it just the more bolt in type pieces like crunch, dinette, bed. Thoughts on how to proceed?
Portland airstream damaged my floor, I replaced it with plank flooring. I was Leary also, but they did an outstanding repair. It is not as bad as you think. I have a 2017 fc 28 rb
Flht2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master
 
Julie-Bob's Avatar
 
2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 715
Images: 2
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0683.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	334834

We have had a hump in the floor at the left side of the hall near the shower since new (2009). Finally updating the trailer so I removed the vinyl flooring cover and found that AS installed the sub flooring joint misaligned at the place where the hump was. One wood panel was 1/4 inch above the other one that it was join to. Hope photos help you knowing that one itís not water damage, the trailer was not coming apart, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	334836
__________________
Bob & Julie # 5587, 4CU in AZ
Julie-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:48 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member
 
Jasper Ash's Avatar
 
West Palm Beach , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-Bob View Post
We have had a hump in the floor at the left side of the hall near the shower since new (2009). Finally updating the trailer so I removed the vinyl flooring cover and found that AS installed the sub flooring joint misaligned at the place where the hump was. One wood panel was 1/4 inch above the other one that it was join to. Hope photos help you knowing that one it’s not water damage, the trailer was not coming apart
Sorry to bump an old threads, but THANK YOU for posting this explanation and the attached images. It made me feel a little better about my situation.

We picked up our new 2020 FC27 a week ago and I just noticed a slight hump in the floor running side to side at the end of the hallway and entrance to the front bedroom. It’s been driving me nuts!
Jasper Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #25
Rivet Master

 
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 585
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Ash View Post
Sorry to bump an old threads, but THANK YOU for posting this explanation and the attached images. It made me feel a little better about my situation.

We picked up our new 2020 FC27 a week ago and I just noticed a slight hump in the floor running side to side at the end of the hallway and entrance to the front bedroom. Itís been driving me nuts!



Same situation here. Thanks, that is what I thought too. Nice to know it isn't water damage, just sloppy installation.
__________________
The ability to follow instructions is highly underrated.
Always be wary of stupid people in large numbers.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member
 
2019 30' Classic
New Milford , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 66
I just brought my 2019 Globetrotter 25 FBT to Jackson Center for a very bad squeak in the bathroom and lesser squeaks in front of table and side seat. No bumps. They stated that would drop the tanks to repair and will take 3 days, maybe 4.
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 19' International
Monrovia , California
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 71
I know this thread is a couple of years old, I also have a 19' and recently noticed a bump in the floor in front of the toilet. it is not just the linoleum, as others wrote, possible subfloor issue. It would take dropping the tanks to evaluate further. Steve, did you have it repaired? If so what was the problem and how did they fix it? Thanks!
Kay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Had one light out and took in service then had two OKStream General Repair Forum 11 12-07-2017 10:20 AM
Anyone ever had a PERFECT outing with their Airstream? BessieB On The Road... 96 09-04-2017 08:39 AM
Anyone here wish they had NEW instead of OLD? THEPILL Our Community 75 01-30-2012 11:16 AM
Has Anyone Else Had a Bear Climb In Their Airstream? cclarkego Off Topic Forum 117 01-17-2011 09:30 PM
Bathroom Epoxy. Anyone had 1st hand knowledge of these two refinishing products?? WILDRTEXAS Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes 13 05-19-2010 07:56 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.