Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Do you post your fabulous airstream. Many would be thrilled to purchase it .I know many who have purchased their dream Airstream off of this site . And I can recommended this site. Then go in and purchase your new one with 20% off. We were able to sell our 2016 Airsteam 22 sport . We now have our 2018 International serenity 25 foot FBT. We sold it so quickly. We were without a trailer for 2 1/2 months waiting for ours to arrive from the factory. Also on that site we sold all of the new upholstery & table . Then Ultimate Airstream update Corian package ,Table,upholstery, vessel sink, laminate that matched our cabinets on the refrigerator. Also we sent out a blast to all friends and relatives who loved our Airstream and we’re contemplating in the future to purchase. We had so many persons interested in our 22 sport. Hope to see you down the road in your new Airsteam. Airstream sell themselves. In pricing your airstream, I can give you a suggestion. Every day we used it I calculated $150 . Adding that up subtracted it from our purchase price. Sold it VERY quickly. We included the hitch and many of the accessories. We had many families inquire with serious offers . But it was already sold. Through the email blast that we sent out . Within an hour to a couple we knew. I tell you this because notify all family friends ,Business colleagues of your intention to sell .You never know when someone will make the decision to purchase the their first Airstream. Good luck. I am sure it will sell quickly.
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Camarillo , California
Sell your rig to Vince at A to Z Motors in Winters, CA.
loft47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Manhattan , Kansas
We also live in Kansas and purchased from Texas. We traded in Class A with trade value was higher than the MSRP of the AS and it was a negative number. You think they charge tax for a positive number they would refund for negative numbers. LOL, not such luck. I didn't think they would but fun watching the clerks face while trying to make the argument.

[QUOTE=Hiho Silver;2265921]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

States turn out to have "reciprocity agreements" with other states when it comes to taxes. If you are dealing with a pair of states that do not have an agreement ( = sorry that state is not on the list ...) you don't get credit for the taxes paid in that state.

The other gotcha is selling or buying in a state that does not charge sales tax and doing the other half of the deal in a state that does. Often the "no sales tax" states have some other fees that are equally bothersome ....Those may or may not be due on this or that sort of sale. They generally do not count to offset sales tax in another state.

Bob[/QUOTE

Sorry if I was not clear. For instance, when we bought one of our trailers at Foley RV, (great dealership) we were NOT charged sales tax in Mississippi, because we registered it in Kansas, which is where we paid the sales tax. Not at all complicated. The bill of sale from Mississippi shows the price we paid after credit for our trade-in and that is what we paid sales tax on, not the price of the trailer without trade in. No reciprocity agreement needed. I wish we lived in a state with no sales tax. I think there are ways to register RV's in states without sales tax, even if you don't live in that state, but I have had no experience with doing that.
and
2017 Newmar Ventana Class A DP 7224 Payload
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #24
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgsouth View Post
Relative newbe- have a 2018 Classic 30. Want to trade it in for 2020 Classic 33, but dealers killing me on trade in value. Over 30-40% less than what I paid for the 30 in Jan 2018!
Am I wrong to think that is too much depreciation for a 2018 Classic?
Need some wisdom on this.
Thanks,
Wgsouth
I'm surprised they're giving you that much.

You're better off trying to sell it on the open marker yourself.

Why are you trying to sell your two year old trailer? Anything that new will certainly take a substantial hit, especially on a trade-in.
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #25
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Why trade an AS for another one? Why buy one in the first place? Why buy this model over that one? Why go new vs used? Why have two cups of coffee this morning?

It's all up to the individual. If they can afford to do it, great. Needs change and people do stuff. "Because I want it" is indeed a valid reason if there's ample funding available that is not headed in other directions.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Hardinsburg , Indiana
You need to look at retail to retail OR wholesale to wholesale. I doubt you’ll find a dealership that will sell a new unit for wholesale and give retail for your trade. I had an opportunity to purchase a new 33 classic from Haydocy In OH. It was damaged by the freight deliverer and repaired by the factory. Could have saved a TON but wife said not now. Too close to retirement. Maybe an option to seek out??!!?? Stuff happens.
Hyo Slvr is offline   Reply With Quote