Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #1

1960 24' Tradewind
Lebanon , OH
Trying to find the value

My grandfather passed away 5 years ago and ever since I have tried to gain ownership of his 60s land yacht tradewind. My plans are to restore it but since he has passed my mom and uncle share power of attorney over his belongings. My uncle said we could "buy him out" of his part. So I am looking for a possible value of my grandfathers camper so we could buy out my uncle. It has been sitting in the same spot for over 20 years and completely untouched for the 5 years he has been gone. The tires are about an inch to 2 in to the ground. The shell is great condition other then a small leak up top. The floor is not in great condition it will have to be replaced. There are weeds around it growing into it and are as tall as the camper itself. Please see pictures. I will answer any questions needed..
60sAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
You may start by simply asking him what he wants for his share, who knows!
Bummer (for you) is that in recent years these have gone up in value considerably. BUT! this is 24' and the ones under 20' are more desirable and valuable.

You should also consider having an appraisal performed on it. Next you should find out what a professional would charge for the repairs (that you can see!) and go from there.

Another consideration would be that he could also buy you out so keep this in mind when negotiating.
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f106...on-122678.html
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #3

1960 24' Tradewind
Lebanon , OH
It has been junked out via the title office. Pictures on my profile.
60sAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Well, it is hard to tell much from the pictures other than that it has been neglected for a long time. I would assume that, like many trailers this old and this neglected, that it will need a shell-off floor replacement, frame repairs, an entirely new interior....basically a total rebuild.

Why does the title put it in "junked" status?

At any rate, I wouldn't put the value of this miserable carcass at more than $1000. You might do an advanced search on Ebay for completed listings and see if you can find something in the same era, in the same state of disrepair and see what somebody has actually paid for one. Problem is, you are likely to only find one data point, and a succer is born every minute.

Good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
Galena , Illinois
There is no "BLUE Book" value that can be placed on this trailer. You would have to cut down the weeds around the trailer, then take 10 pictures of the outside, hitch, tires, door etc. then 10 pictures of the interior including, windows, floor , floor in the rear of the trailer, appliances, bathroom, cabinets, and of coarse does it have a clean title. If all is well show us those photos then we could advise you in the best route we know.
75Bob is offline   Reply With Quote