Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #1

1960 24' Tradewind
Lebanon , OH
Trying to find the value

My grandfather passed away 5 years ago and ever since I have tried to gain ownership of his 60s land yacht tradewind. My plans are to restore it but since he has passed my mom and uncle share power of attorney over his belongings. My uncle said we could "buy him out" of his part. So I am looking for a possible value of my grandfathers camper so we could buy out my uncle. It has been sitting in the same spot for over 20 years and completely untouched for the 5 years he has been gone. The tires are about an inch to 2 in to the ground. The shell is great condition other then a small leak up top. The floor is not in great condition it will have to be replaced. There are weeds around it growing into it and are as tall as the camper itself. I will answer any questions needed.. I dont know how to add images.
60sAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sAirstream View Post
My grandfather passed away 5 years ago and ever since I have tried to gain ownership of his 60s land yacht tradewind. My plans are to restore it but since he has passed my mom and uncle share power of attorney over his belongings. My uncle said we could "buy him out" of his part. So I am looking for a possible value of my grandfathers camper so we could buy out my uncle. It has been sitting in the same spot for over 20 years and completely untouched for the 5 years he has been gone. The tires are about an inch to 2 in to the ground. The shell is great condition other then a small leak up top. The floor is not in great condition it will have to be replaced. There are weeds around it growing into it and are as tall as the camper itself. I will answer any questions needed.. I dont know how to add images.
I suggest contacting Jim Polk and getting an appraisal. He's a professional appraiser specializing in vintage trailers, and he can offer an unbiased and fully documented valuation.

https://polkassociates-llc.com/
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
1976 31' Excella 500
1974 31' Excella 500
1975 24' Argosy 24
Denver , Colorado
Length is a big factor, along with layout and condition, but from what you've described, $5k is probably a good "ballpark" number to prepare your family for what to be considering each's share.
kidjedi is offline   Reply With Quote