Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
We installed a Dirt Devil Central Vac system over last weekend and it works great! Put the motor unit under the bed and the connection port at the foot of the bed. Hose reaches to the door with room to spare and the attachments are the same ones we have for our Kirby at home.
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Pensacola Beach , Florida
Because we have a Sport 16 our carry along vacuum is a dust broom and pan. But when I vacuum out at home we have a 5 year old Dyson Animal that has been the best vacuum I've ever owned.....and its hard to get excited about vacuums!
lubelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #83
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Dyson DC 35 - just sprang for one. I took mine home last night and just couldn't stop vacuuming! Spiders died, venetian blinds were cleaned to a parade rest, every bathmat and area rug got done, the bare floors were clean - even in the floors. The thing barely makes any noise compared to most small vacuums. I emptied the dust cup about 4 times. I left it in the charger so I can do the overhead cabinets tonight... and maybe under the stove top... and the bottom of the refrigerator. OOH, how about the A/C filters, and the furnace and Reefer vents. (I believe I love this vacuum!)

I've tried lots of cheaper ones, and just was never satisfied because:
[*]they don't work well in tight spaces[*]"Attachments" are held on by friction - and fall off at least twice during any vacuuming event. The Dyson ones lock on![*]most of the dust buster types don't work well at all as stick vacuums - they move more dirt around than they pick up[*]NOISE LEVEL - anyone want an Oreck hand held - CHEAP?[*]nasty little cups that fill up and then have to be washed with every third use.
I think these things are actually worth the money. I might recommend we get a big one for the office.

Paula
Hi Paula! Did the DC35 replace the DC31 that others have spoken about on this thread? Dyson does advertise your model so I am assuming it's the newest. I am going to get one!!
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacuum cleaner