Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
San Luis Obispo , California
Another new (almost) fulltimer

This month I will be moving into my '73 Overlander...it will be home for my last few years of school. I've seen threads about students fulltiming...in my case I even have financial room for the inevitable repairs and I will still come out ahead over "traditional" housing options.

I say almost fulltiming because i will be using the kitchen and bathroom of the downstairs apartment of the house whose property i'll be parked on. Maybe not the most convenient solution, but sure to keep pressure off the aging systems of my trailer and it keeps me from illegally hooking up to local water supply. Basically the trailer will be my bedroom.

Forecast is flip-flops year round in this area, and coastal winds keep it cool, so I wont need to worry about extreme temperatures.

Pests will be a big issue since Im out in the country...so wish me luck.

I'll keep this thread posted with my experiences, and would love to hear your advice (although ive probably read it or will read it somewhere else on this forum)
joelreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Enjoy your adventure...

Send postcards...

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelreh View Post
Maybe not the most convenient solution, but sure to keep pressure off the aging systems of my trailer and it keeps me from illegally hooking up to local water supply.

In California it's illegal to pop a garden hose on a trailer in the country? I'm not getting that at all. I thought Minnehaha county South Dakota was bad.

Gary
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
Sounds like a good plan! Have fun!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
San Luis Obispo , California
Its not so much the water supply I'm worried about as the water return...The community I'll actually be living in (not SLO like my profile says) is very touchy about sewage issues...and I definitely dont want to have to find a dump station to drive to all the time. It is illegal to live in a trailer there though, so whatever I can do to prove that the apartment is my actual residence, the better.
joelreh is offline   Reply With Quote