Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Louisville , Kentucky
Send a message via Skype™ to bnsonger47
Removing Side Windows

The dual pane (or it is "pain") windows (all but two) are fogging. The originals were built by a company called CEI or something similar. They're out of business so it doesn't matter. Five have been replaced but these five are exhibiting the same behavior.

I've looked on the web about doing a DIY job to separating the glass, cleaning and reinstalling. However, the example is based on a more straightforward design than what's in the Land Yacht XC where no bolts on the interior are easily visible. (I had an HR that supported simple removal).

The windows aren't etched, just fogged. Sun and high temps make the problem show more.

Any advice on removing the windows - where to start and what to watch for. I know it'll be a two-man job and have a friend willing to help.
bnsonger47 is offline   Reply With Quote