Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Oroville , California
Adios, fellow Land Yacht Captains, MOBY has sailed on.

I have sold my 1992 36 foot land yacht. I did not travel in it, but lived in it for 4 years after my house was burned down. The giant forest fire that took my home also burned over 200 other homes in 2008. Since then I used Moby (the whale--36 foot long motor home) as a home for me, my partner, and our Giant Alaskan Malamute dog. It has also served as guest room for visitors. For a year we let a homeless woman live in it (with her 3 cats) and then another homeless couple stayed in it when the weather was too harsh for them to stay in their tent. We now have a home that does not have wheels. It was built from lumber milled right here on the site from trees that died in the same fire that took my home in 2008.
It has come the time to find a new place for my rollin' home to be, and just this week I have sold her to a new owner. The motor home will now offer shelter to another neighbor. I will miss being an Airstream owner, and I hope the new owners will enjoy the Land Yacht as much as I did! Thank you for the help, advice and sharing of parts and information from this list as well as the friendly messages and welcoming forum. Laurel p.s. I also have a much smaller R.V., a Vixen motor home made in 1989, which is another vintage unit, and is only 1/2 as long as the Land Yacht and gets twice the gas mileage. I plan to do some upgrades on it. Happy Trails!!
rollin home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quite a story. Good luck to you and yours.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote