Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

palo alto , California
2022 Bambi Delivery

I saw there was a similar post for anxious Base Camp owners who've put down their deposit and are caught waiting for months on end. I thought I would start one for eager Bambi owners as I put a $2k deposit down for a new 16-foot Bambi in early September of this year (2021). It was unfortunately right after they announced new pricing (shifting to 2022 models), but in any case... I was given an estimate from my dealer that we're looking at March 2022 for delivery, which means about a 6 month wait (5 more to go, I can't wait!). Anyone else order a new Bambi recently?

From my stalking of everything Airstream, it looks like they shifted production to the new larger plant in Jackson Center, OH very recently and are focusing on the more popular models in demand. While I can wait until March (my birth-month anyway) I'm hoping and praying that they are able to deliver sooner... How are you all holding up? Anyone as anxious as I am? I think I've just about watched every YouTube video on 16-foot Bambis out there.
airpaloalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
All I know is the Bambi 16 is about the coolest trailer on the planet. My wife thought it was a little tight for two and a dog so I ended up in a 22 sport. I'm sure you are going to love your Bambi
Kanusport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

palo alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanusport View Post
All I know is the Bambi 16 is about the coolest trailer on the planet. My wife thought it was a little tight for two and a dog so I ended up in a 22 sport. I'm sure you are going to love your Bambi
We would have loved to go 22-foot but it we're limited by our tow vehicle. The open layout with full width opening from kitchen to dining area on the 22's are awesome!
Old 10-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

palo alto , California
My deposit was paid on 9/22/21. Just got a message today 10/16/21 that the Airstream factory is scheduled to complete my Bambi on 3/17/22. I'm in California, so I take it it'll probably be mid-April before I have possession...?
Old 10-17-2021, 12:01 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
SEATTLE , WA
We bought a Caravel last year and it took 6-7 months for delivery. Use this time to read and learn everything you can about your Airstream (Rich Luhr's two books), then take a deep breath- it will be worth the wait!
bcheever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:48 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
Pacifica , California
We put an order in mid-Aug and they told us it was likely January for a 16RB. They did send us a stock number (D9XXX where the xxx are numbers.)

A couple weeks ago and said they are waiting on the completion date and expect the date to come soon. So fingers crossed but not expecting January to be the month.

And hello from pacifica Airpaloalto! We ordered from Bay Area Airstream Adventures in Fairfield.
fraslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcheever View Post
We bought a Caravel last year and it took 6-7 months for delivery. Use this time to read and learn everything you can about your Airstream (Rich Luhr's two books), then take a deep breath- it will be worth the wait!
X 2 Congrats.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:23 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

palo alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraslin View Post
We put an order in mid-Aug and they told us it was likely January for a 16RB. They did send us a stock number (D9XXX where the xxx are numbers.)

A couple weeks ago and said they are waiting on the completion date and expect the date to come soon. So fingers crossed but not expecting January to be the month.

And hello from pacifica Airpaloalto! We ordered from Bay Area Airstream Adventures in Fairfield.
Nice! We ordered ours from South Bay Airstream in Morgan Hill. Have not received a stock number, but rough timeline sounds about in line with what we're expecting. It'll likely take a few weeks after the competition date to arrive in Fairfield I take it. p.s. Will be in Pacifica this weekend to visit Humble Sea!