Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #161
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Getting hungry already

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitorj View Post
"May all of the rally gods and potluck-lovers forgive me! We’re going to try something different. You don’t want to miss this!"

We want to encourage everyone to prepare finger food/snacks to serve outside several (or all) of the trailers on tour. We will start out near site 166 and move down the row to visit each trailer on tour and enjoy snacks along the way!
We will also have tables set up (with power) for more traditional pot luck dishes somewhere along the way. This is will be our gathering spot after the tour. So join in for the tour, the snacks, or just potluck --whatever you like!
We think refreshments, heavier hors d'oeuvres, sandwiches, light snacks, whatever, qualify as finger food. Anything you can eat while standing.
This will get started Saturday around 5pm. Let's have fun with this!!
Do we have any more details about the potluck portion of this event. We are excited about doing some sort of quick and easy hors d'oeuvres but are wondering about the dinner after. If I understand correctly we will not have access to the the pavilion at that time. Should we bring along extra tables and such?

I am also wondering how many folks are going to participate in the tour. I want to be sure I have enough appetizers with out having so much that I end up eating it all weekend.

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #162
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
I can confirm that we will have free admission at the gate. You may post a sign in your windshield that says "TAC Airstream Rally" or you may just tell them who you're with when you get to the gate. (I forgot to make a sign last year but it wasn't a problem.)
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
I hesitate to answer the potluck question because Mark (JupitorJ) is in charge. I'm sure he'll chime in if he wants people to bring tables or E-Z up tents. (Who me? I'm not stressed about a rain plan!)

I'll try to help with the headcount for fingerfoods: At last count, there are about 21 trailers/mohos. Not including kids, that puts our numbers at around 42.

As a side note, we are expecting a little more than 20 kids at this rally. My thought is that all of the trailer touring finger-fooding & refreshment-ing might be a little boring for the kids. So, during the tour/potluck/gathering for Saturday night Brian and I will provide hotdogs & chips at our trailer for any kids uninterested in participating in the tour of trailers, food & refreshments. We'll have some games out, too. I'm sure some kids will choose to go on the tour anyway.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #164
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I have 2 tickets for Stone Mountain if anyone wants them , send me a note , I'll mail them out. Greg
justretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #165
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
For the progressive/trailer tour/potluck dinner. We're encouraging snacks and bites or refreshments at each open house trailer --but for those who prefer to bring something more substantial, we'll have a shelter tent and power for more traditional potluck dishes. This process is somewhat an experiment --but we think after we do this once --it may be fun to do again sometime.
We will be gathering chairs and tables along with the shelter tent at a midway point among our lane of trailers.
We'll be greeting everyone as they arrive and then find out about participation in the tour. We'll have things set up in advance of tour time and will spread the word as needed.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #166
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
The gatekeepers at Stone Mountain are very friendly to campers. Just tell them you are going to the campground (the Airstream will make it obvious). They are helpful with directions as well.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #167
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Arlington , Virginia
Is it too late?

...and do you have to be an official TAC member to participate in this rally? (We're still pretty green, and this would be our first rally). We plan on coming in Friday-Sunday, (2 adults, 2 kids), on site 164A (unless told otherwise).
Wishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #168
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Wishing,
It's not too late. No, you don't have to be an official TAC member to participate. Please come!

Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #169
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
I have already started packing clothes and supplies into the trailer! I have lasagna made and frozen, little meatballs made and frozen for appetizers, cookies made and frozen, and my brunch ideas figured out for Sat. and Sunday. A personality-Yes! I will be the wearing an Apron and Cowboy boots, if anyone needs information or assitance, about/or at the Saturday morning 10:00 Breakfast/Brunch.
Everyone be sure to read the newest schedule of events, that will be in your arrival packet when you register.
Also, reminder: Be sure to lock up any valuables in your Tow Vehicle, during the Tour of Trailers.
Other people, besides our own group, might decide to venture around looking into trailers.
Usually we have signs posted on the trailers participating in the Tour.
Lynnetta, did you make those for the "kit" or do you want me to?
See you all soon.
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #170
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Foster View Post
Lynnetta, did you make those for the "kit" or do you want me to?
Got it covered!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Resubscribing to the thread...

I'll be virtually rallying with you. I wish I was there, but vacation time and travel time just doesn't allow it. Please update as is convenient throughout the rally!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #172
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Resubscribing to the thread...

I'll be virtually rallying with you. I wish I was there, but vacation time and travel time just doesn't allow it. Please update as is convenient throughout the rally!
I will be virtually parked next to Winestream! We hate to miss the rally this year (recovering from knee sugery). Post lots of pics!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #173
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
...and do you have to be an official TAC member to participate in this rally? (We're still pretty green, and this would be our first rally). We plan on coming in Friday-Sunday, (2 adults, 2 kids), on site 164A (unless told otherwise).
We look forward to meeting you all. Last year at stone mountain was our first rally. These are good folks. See you in a few days.

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #174
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Looks like Music at the Pavilion Friday Night

Well folks, the weather forecast for Friday evening is looking a bit gloomy so we may need to liven things up with a "party on the patio" icebreaker Friday evening at the pavilion.

Better pack your umbrella!

Had a good time last weekend at Springstream and look forward to another one at Stone Mountain. (especially the sunrise hike!)

Here is our first public attempt at the '80s classic "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
Attached Files
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Who is where...

Site #161 is OPEN...

# 91 GAT (Gene & Elaine)
# 93 GAT (Ben & Kelly)
# 94 unknown
#150 Adnerball (Brenda & Mark)
#156 Roy B (Roy & Debbie)
#157 Chillpoints (Jon & Allyson)
#158 1968 caravel (Skip & Jane)
#159 Kristi Foster (Donald & Kristi)
#160 lwebb (Lanny & Priscilla)
#161 OPEN
#162 Covered Wagon (Bill & Robin)
#163 oodi (Oliver & Kristina)
#163A PizzaChop (Ron & Brenda)
#164 unknown
#164A Wishing (Saje & Pat)
#165 Skatiero (Katie & Rob)
#165A wxbuoy (Dave & Felicia)
#166 jupitorj (Mark & Kerry)
#166A (David & Lawrence)
#167 KAYAKAMPERS (Beth & Chris)
#167A Someday’59 (Brian & Lynnetta)
#168 Woodja (Pete & Geneva)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #176
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Left @ 0530. Passing through Tupelo, MS. 302 miles to go! should be there by 3pm!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #177
KTO

Currently Looking...
Alpharetta , Georgia
First post on the air forums. We (Doug & Marcy) have met a few of you at other gatherings. We have two kids under 2 years old so we may not be able to spend much time with the group. We have a yellowish 1961 Shasta Deluxe. I asked Marcy what she wanted to do for our anniversary (Monday) and she said, "Go camping!" I love that woman! So we are joining you tomorrow afternoon sometime in site 147. It was the only site available in the purple loop. Look forward to seeing some of you again and meeting new people.
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #178
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTO View Post
First post on the air forums. We (Doug & Marcy) have met a few of you at other gatherings. We have two kids under 2 years old so we may not be able to spend much time with the group. We have a yellowish 1961 Shasta Deluxe. I asked Marcy what she wanted to do for our anniversary (Monday) and she said, "Go camping!" I love that woman! So we are joining you tomorrow afternoon sometime in site 147. It was the only site available in the purple loop. Look forward to seeing some of you again and meeting new people.
Well see you than! Cant wait to check out that Shasta!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #179
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
Site open

Due to a family illness I just had to cancel one of my reservations. Site 91 is avaiable. GAT and part of my family will still come but if anyone wants to be our neighbor call and get 91.See the rest of you this afternoon.

Gene and Elaine Thomason
Ball Ground Ga.
1976 31 foot Sovereign
2011 GMC 2500HD Denali
6.6 Duramax Diesel
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #180
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Click image for larger version