Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #21
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

Tarheel, Mrs. Tarheel, and Silverbell:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 057.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	10635  
Old 02-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

Levon (Levon Register):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 058.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	10636  
Old 02-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #23
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

David Morgan (& wife Linda):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 059.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	10637  
Old 02-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

I left my tripod at home, and couldn't take a photo of myself, so here is a photo of our trailer on Sunday morning, in a downpour. To the folks that attended the International rally in Michigan, I feel your pain. Welcome to Camp Swampy. Water is ankle deep in the wheel ruts around the step:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 061.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	10638  
Old 02-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Here's Terry!

Yep, it was a sweet week. Great beaches, museums, and (mostly) great weather! I'm trying not to tell the memory of the pouring rain all night and all day today "dampen" the enjoyment of the rest of the week!

Terry, you may have had a swamp by your spot, but we had lakefront property!

Here's a picture of our pal Argosy20, during the AirstreamForums happy hour on Friday, waiting out the rain and guarding the food.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Terry.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10642  

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:06 PM   #26
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Thanks for the Pix!

Well, argosy20, you did a great job.

Thanks for the photos ... sure wanted to be there since I'm as close as Ft. Myers, although situations wouldn't allow.

The photos you have posted partially filled the void!

A good weekend to chase mystery leaks.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Brett--- is the rally held at the same time & place each year? We're planning on being in Florida next year, during January & February & will have to watch the Blue Beret. Really enjoyed the pics --thanks--
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #28
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.E. Milliman
Brett--- is the rally held at the same time & place each year? We're planning on being in Florida next year, during January & February & will have to watch the Blue Beret. Really enjoyed the pics --thanks--
Best,
I can answer the time for the rally, I think Brett still has his hands full with Vintage Thunder.
Our M.C. suffered from a "senior moment", but the rally should be the last full week in February next year, I think starting the 18th. Early admissions start Monday of rally week, with the rally officially starting Wednesday.
Lots of vendors are there, as well as assorted factory reps, clinics, and the Airstream factory parts store. You can refill your spare parts drawer that you depleted after a year of hard rallying .
Old 02-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Vintage Turnout at FSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogie32
Any idea how many vintage coaches there will be at this rally?
There were about two dozen or more in the designated Vintage parking area. But there were at least that many vintage units in the regular parking area as well. (Many of us with vintage coaches were not psyched by the noisy roadside location that we would have been stuck in if we had chosen to park "in vintage".)

If you were there, you would have seen several Classic motorhomes, at least six Argosies, some Caravels, Bambis, and many other 60s & 70s trailers. It was a pretty decent turnout for vintage units, even if you did have to wander the entire fairgrounds to see them all.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #30
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Exclamation What you Missed while you were Camping

you guys are killin' me with your complaints about a little rain.

"oh, the humanity...."

Last week, we had 2 snowstorms. and we're scheduled to get another 12" tonight. no end in site. You guys are putting mileage on your campers; mine is all going on my snow-blower.

.Ok, all kidding aside, looks like a great time was had by all. great pics! nice to "see" everyone. I'll be down to "inspect" vintage thunder in a couple of weeks.

oh, and here's a recent pic of me, in case you forgot what I look like

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #31
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Question

Of course, when i got home I found that the roofers seem to have forgotten to install part of the roof, and most of the back of my house is flooded, with a large part of the ceiling down, and water everywhere. well, at least we had a good time at the rally, now back to reality...
Old 03-01-2005, 05:14 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
Doh! Hey, another excuse to hang out in the trailer :-)

Seriously, sorry to hear about your misfortune. We just don't seem to be able to escape the effects of the hurricanes last year.

Keith
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #33
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by khollister
Doh! Hey, another excuse to hang out in the trailer :-)

Seriously, sorry to hear about your misfortune. We just don't seem to be able to escape the effects of the hurricanes last year.

Keith
Keith, that is why my Native American name is "Little Black Cloud" .
It is too bad you couldn't hang around long enough to get your mug added to the shots above, maybe next year you can stay longeer.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:54 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
When did you take the pictures? I stopped by the happy hour Fri, but had to leave to go to a function for our Unit that I committed to.

Keith
Old 03-02-2005, 05:03 AM   #35
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by khollister
When did you take the pictures? I stopped by the happy hour Fri, but had to leave to go to a function for our Unit that I committed to.

Keith
The pictures were taken Saturday, during the vintage open house. It was the best time to catch most folks at their trailers, so they could get tehir trailers included in the photos. The photos shown without their trailers were of forum members that didn't happen to bring them. That's one reason why we were disappointed you wouldn't be around the following day.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:15 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
I was there Saturday - we left Sun morning in the rain. We were walking around the vintage open house as well. Guess we just missed each other.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
Hi everyone! In the end I decided that there was still too much work that needed to be done on my mom's hurricane ravaged house so I didn't make it. Terry, thanks for your great pictures - almost as good as actually being there. We go down the same 2 weeks every year so I don't see any reason (barring unforeseen '05 hurricanes) that I won't be there in '06....Saw some Airstream activity on the Eastern side of Florida but nothing like what was in those photos....
moogie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
if I may...

throw a little light on the subject. It sure was great meeting so many of you at the rally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
Here, for your viewing pleasure, are photos of the forum members in attendance at the Florida State Rally this year:
The forum is giving me fits, so I am having to post these photos individually.
First photo is of rluhr (airstream life), daughter, wife, and forum member Wheel interested:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 046e.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	10784  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #39
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
throw a little light on the subject. It sure was great meeting so many of you at the rally!
That's better! Is that the photo i snapped with Rich's camera, or were you able to lighten the original i took?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
it's a web grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
That's better! Is that the photo i snapped with Rich's camera, or were you able to lighten the original i took?
That's your posted picture in this thread. I am a heavy user of the shadow/highlight tool in Elements and CS. I think it's just about the best thing on earth since white bread!

I saw that Rich has another of your pictures in the Project Vintage Thunder blog too.

http://airstreamlife.com/vintagethun...underblog.html

Great idea to get the forum member's pictures and post them. I love being able to match faces to the names! This was my third Airstream event and it really is fun meeting those in the community. A warmer group, I could never hope to find.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote