Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Paul, put us down as coming and helping. You pick the time, we'll be there!
You'll never please everyone, there's too much going on and everyone wants to be at everything.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
South Weymouth , Massachusetts
2008 Rally

We would definately be interested!
anniescc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Yes we would too - no definites - but just keep in mind not all Vac'rs can make the International - so should we all loose out because of dual events???

Just gives people a choice now doesn't it

I would love to see more Vac events in the East....there are lots of us....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
If this is an "open" rally I would be interested and the timing would be fine.

Greg
Old 09-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
If you are in the SOUTH EAst and interested our twice a year Rally draws vintage as well as newer units, and some older SOBs as well. We are doing it again Oct 26 weekend in Hiawassee, GA.
Check our posts and web site for more info.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Anything happening with this event?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
A location in or around VA or WV around the time frame your talking would appeal to me. In my situatuion I still work operating a landscape business so attending national at Boozeman in '08 isn't feasible for us. But a few days closer by is feasible. I know most Airstream owners however are probably retired or work a job that they can actually schedule vacation time to be away. For now, we just attend what we can. Guaranteed-- no matter when you schedule it, there will be those who can't make it for one reason or another. I say just schedule the event for whenever and those who can attend will, that's all you can do.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
I didn't really want to post two times in a row but I have other concerns that may be reflective of others as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I try to have a positive outlook on everything. I've been a WBCCI member for about a year and a half and so far I have not heard or found one real appealing reason to attend an International rally. I love our local rallies but I read of a lot of "pomp and circumstance" at these internationals and that doesn't appeal to me. I'm out of the military and that kind of stuff just doesn't trip my trigger. Additionally, to have a rally in late July or early August with temps in the 90's with no AC, I don't think so. That stuff was fun when I was in the Boy Scouts, had no choice about it while serving in the middle east, ain't gonna do it here unless it's far enough north or in the mountains where heat isn't an issue. We deal with enough heat already in FL but at least at the local rallies we can run the AC!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Calls starting to be made.

Yes, I contacted the campground back a couple of months ago. I was waiting until the new year before making the "official" reservation for the event. I plan to hold 50 sites (if possible) up until one month before the dates. It will be up to each person to call/reserve their own spot. The campground policy, they are willing to hold sites up until one month before, from there, they are open to any and all.

It will be a WBCCI "Buddy Rally" which means it's "OPEN TO ANYONE THAT HAS AN AIRSTREAM". You "DO NOT" have to be a WBCCI member to attend or own an Airstream that is 25yrs or older.

It look like we going for the dates of June 19th-June 23rd, 2008. This date will give those who wish to leave on Sunday, plenty of time to get to International, most if not all schools will be out by then and give those not going to International something to do here on the East Coast for 5 days.

Still working out the "goings on" of the weekend, if you have something you would like to help with, let me know.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #30
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Tradewind
I didn't really want to post two times in a row but I have other concerns that may be reflective of others as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I try to have a positive outlook on everything. I've been a WBCCI member for about a year and a half and so far I have not heard or found one real appealing reason to attend an International rally. I love our local rallies but I read of a lot of "pomp and circumstance" at these internationals and that doesn't appeal to me. I'm out of the military and that kind of stuff just doesn't trip my trigger. Additionally, to have a rally in late July or early August with temps in the 90's with no AC, I don't think so. That stuff was fun when I was in the Boy Scouts, had no choice about it while serving in the middle east, ain't gonna do it here unless it's far enough north or in the mountains where heat isn't an issue. We deal with enough heat already in FL but at least at the local rallies we can run the AC!
there wont be any of that pomp going on, just camping and having fun.... All those folks that said yes are about camping and having fun... The location is perfect, there is so many things to do and see around the area. Another good reason to have this rally, is the VAC is under represented in the WBCCI... did you see any mention of the VAC in the blue berret this month?... we as members need to work on making this intra club stronger. A region 2 VAC rally will do just that. So what if it close to the International dates, most folks that will attend the VAC rally would probably rather be there anyway. I personally cannot give up 15 days to attend in BoZeman.
Paul, count #7183 in, we will be there even if it is just in an aluminum tent.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Just how good is the music

Paul,

We would be interested in attending this rally. However, the annual Renfro Valley Bluegrass Festival (in Renfro Valley, KY) is held the same weekend you suggest, and we are planning to camp there for a weekend of bluegrass music.

Just how good is the bluegrass music at the "General Store"? Good enough to change our plans? We aren't "picky".

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:50 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
there wont be any of that pomp going on, just camping and having fun.... All those folks that said yes are about camping and having fun... The location is perfect, there is so many things to do and see around the area. Another good reason to have this rally, is the VAC is under represented in the WBCCI... did you see any mention of the VAC in the blue berret this month?... we as members need to work on making this intra club stronger. A region 2 VAC rally will do just that. So what if it close to the International dates, most folks that will attend the VAC rally would probably rather be there anyway. I personally cannot give up 15 days to attend in BoZeman.
Paul, count #7183 in, we will be there even if it is just in an aluminum tent.
I agree with 62 overlander. Most people interested in the VAC rally most likely would rather attend this rally than Bozeman. Those who would want to attend would have about 4 travel days to get there, that's do-able. But like 62 overlander, we can't afford to be gone for two weeks for Bozeman either. I'm all about having fun camping, too, which is why rallies such as this appeal to me.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #33
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
68 Tradewind looks like we will be camping together? The first beer is on me, we can finish the discussion on the karma system there. Rumor has it there will be some celebrities attending.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So being a WBCCI - Buddy Rally - this is just like all the other rallies???and not an official VAC rally - what ever that means anyway?

Just out of curiosity folks......

Lets see the International holds what about 1000-2000 max members right - and how many Members are in the WBCCI??? and How many Members are in the VAC?

And as I was reading through this thread there seemed to be a big issue of nothing conflicting with the International -

Sorry folks if I sound just a bit too realistic here - but hey the day the international can host over 10000 WBCCI members is the day I would think people start worrying about conflicting events.

Now does anyone worry about caravans landing on each others date?

Is this club just for those who have the time to travel and hit all the events making it their unique travel mode year long or is the purpose to provide as many events as possible providing an opportunity for as many members as possible to participate at all levels of participation and both with new and vintage interests.....

Just a small observation - too many things are changed and bent and squeezed for the few rather than the many....something to think about for the new year perhaps.....
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #35
Rivet Master

My understanding

It's my understanding, "any member" of the WBCCI can attend "any rally" at "anytime". So, any "VAC" rally is open to any and all WBCCI members, even if they "do not" own a "vintage" rig "and" are not even a member of the "VAC intra club".

With that said, you can make rallies what are called "Buddy Rallies", which allow "non-WBCCI" members to attend, in hopes of them after going to the rally, wanting to join the WBCCI.

Now, there will be those who will say, "It should be a "VAC" rally only", sorry the WBCCI rules do not allow you to exclude other WBCCI members even if they don't own a vintage rig.

Some, will say, "It should be a "VAC-WBCCI" only rally" only problem, there's already enough people out there saying the WBCCI is a "exclusive" club and is not friendly to Airstream owners who are not in the WBCCI.

So, by making it a "WBCCI-VAC East Coast Buddy Rally" It give the vintage owners a rally they can call their own, allows other WBCCI memebrs who may want to see what the "Vintage Owners" doing to grow their Intra-Club a chance to get ideas to help them grow their Local and Regional Units, plus, give "non-WBCCI-VAC" members a chance to come and party with us, see what they think and let the chips fall where they may.

Just trying to give everyone a chance to have a goodtime.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Paul - that has to be the most delicately spoken post I have read in a very long time - Major major KARMA to you

That is what I was sort of getting to with the "What is a Vac Rally - anyway" comment. I have never been to one. But I have been to several Rallies where both vintage and current models participate together. I have been to both WBCCI Rallies and Forum Rallies - with the exception of some formal Constitutional obligations that have to be met by the club - there is not much difference between some of the schedules. The people are all different (which I would hope there would be no one else like me out there )

The food at all rallies goes without saying being second to none and usually enough that we could feed a thirdworld country

Perhaps there are some other events that are more yesteryear in nature with a vintage flavour - but then as one person mentione a few weeks ago - those rallies we see photos of - where of NEW units to them back then.

Now the other area of vintage is the tours - mostly the emphasis has been on just the vintage being open for open house - but most vinatage owners are interested in the evloution of the "trailer" and at the beginning I was quite disappointed that there were not many NEWER units participating in the open houses - but now there are which is GREAT- and thus - why distinguish between New and Vintage as to the Rally but place the emphasis within the Rally format....with the method of parking the trailers....
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #37
Rivet Master

Maybe a TCT Rally???

Yeh, my guess would be, the closest thing to a true Vintage Rally would be a "TCT Rally", old rigs, no new ones (that I know of, could be wrong). I personally like looking at the new Airstreams during open-house. Lot's of good ideas that can/could/are used in vintage units. I guess in the end, there's not a nickels worth of difference when you really boil it down. They all have a sink, stove, frig, shower, toilet, heat, AC(maybe). The only differene is what's in your heart as an Airstream owner.

Are you someone that thinks just because you own a "vintage" rig you are somehow better than the guy that owns a new one? Maybe because your trailer is polished, it's better? If that's the case, you still have a lot to learn about life.

Bottom line is this, it really does not matter if you wear a Beret or you will only go to a forums rally, you are not really all that different than the next guy.

My guess, we all dump our "black tank" the same.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #38
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Why so close to Bozeman? Have we picked a date yet? Sorry, I havent been on this forum.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Rallies

Paul,

We're still up in the air on coming - my heart and soul want to be there for sure! Big question is if we do Montana or not - according to the school calendar, my boys don't get out of school until June 26. If that's the case, we'll be going to the East Coast VAC rally and not Montana - even though I've budgeted and have been saving all my vacation time for Bozeman. If we go to Bozeman, we're departing on the 19th, as we want to hit Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone while we are headed out there and we won't be coming to the East Coast VAC Rally. The Vintage Parade into International right now is on the Friday, 6/27 so that gives us a week to do the above - and that's pushing it. We're doing Glacier on the way home, so to do this, we won't be staying at International the entire time either.

TCT rally - there is going to be one up here in central NY in August - Fletcher's Trailer Sales - About Us

Fletch of Fletchers Vintage Trailers is putting it on up here in the Finger Lakes.

Plus, I hear of another Vintage Trailer get together in July up here near Saratoga, NY but I'm waiting on details for that one.

Sounds like a great time for Vintage Trailerites here on the East Coast this year!

Zoe' is talking to the school next week when they get off Christmas break. Until then, I'm planning for both - but regretably, as a working guy, can only do one or the other.

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Hijack coming

Rob,

Thanks for the information on the VAC parade date. How set in stone is June 27? I hope that date holds so that we have more time from So Cal to Bozeman. Do you know the date of the VAC meetings?

See you in Bozeman.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote