Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Anyone wanting to go should go ahead and RESERVE now.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We wamt tp go. but we won't know if Terry can get the time off until closer to the date.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
We wamt tp go. but we won't know if Terry can get the time off until closer to the date.
No worries, Marie. You guys can stay with us if all else fails. I'm going to let you in on a little secret, tho. Susan snores. Bring yer earplugs.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Still dreaming of our 1st Falluminum Rally

My good wife and I were excited about getting the first aluminum camper and making it to this fall rally but it is looking bleak. You see the buying trip we went on this Monday/Tuesday was rough. The unit we thought we were getting (had a deposit on) was replaced by an evil, very rough clone I guess. The owners idea of good is distorted and he knows how to take pictures. Bad floors throughout, bad wiring, bad A/C and the street side awnings that were "good", one opened up and was shredded and the back one fell into my arms as soon as I pulled the strap . I was planning on the curb side awning as he told me I needed that but the others were good. 400 miles one way with the truck loaded with tools, hitch, new brake controller installed, propane, batteries, bedding, cookware, the wife, the son and the 2 schnauzers and we ended up staying in a hotel Monday night.

While looking at abandoning our search for the perfect camper we started looking a box campers and was heading back to Marietta to look at one and negotiate on it . Well, our good friends called from Gillette, WY as they were going to lunch with this retired couple and they have a few AS's and would consider working with us financialy to make a deal on thier 77 31ft camper, one caveat, they will not be back to Georgia until mid August. Now that is a deal, to find an AS that is available from a club member that loves thier campers and will work with us to make sure this unit goes to a good Airstream home.

The tough news is we will wait and hope that there may be a spot still open when we get this trailer. I am a little gun shy on dreaming of ownership this time or I would reserve the site with confidance. Even tougher yet is we have to be out of the place we are in this weekend . Good thing we still have the other camper to move into for the next 4 to 6 weeks. hopefully we will get to see the AS in the next week as they are going to call some people that can show it to us and then in August we can move out of our Jayco Pop-up and into the Airstream. Yes I said pop-up. Well at least the pop-up has a slide out. Monday night my wife and I were praying that a path would be made clear to us and at 1pm on the 29th it happened. God willing the 31' AS is meant to be ours and we will offically join these ranks of Happy Airstream Owners.

These forums ROCK!!! I have learned so much and am real excited to join your ranks.
Mike and Kim
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Reservations for Falluminum....

Hello all,

As far as reservations go at this campground, keep in mind that if you go ahead and secure a spot early and can't make it, you can either post the available spot and someone will likely take it or cancel the spot and the campground will let you move the deposit to a later camp date or at worst case loose 30.00. With the first two options, there is really no reason to loose it though. We've camped there many times and at many times of the year and there is no bad time to be there. In addition, we've been to many concerts there where we camped there also.

My .02,

G
'67 Caravel
'99 Airstream B190

c[QUOTE=The tough news is we will wait and hope that there may be a spot still open when we get this trailer. I am a little gun shy on dreaming of ownership this time or I would reserve the site with confidance. Even tougher yet is we have to be out of the place we are in this weekend . Good thing we still have the other camper to move into for the next 4 to 6 weeks. hopefully we will get to see the AS in the next week as they are going to call some people that can show it to us and then in August we can move out of our Jayco Pop-up and into the Airstream. Yes I said pop-up. Well at least the pop-up has a slide out. Monday night my wife and I were praying that a path would be made clear to us and at 1pm on the 29th it happened. God willing the 31' AS is meant to be ours and we will offically join these ranks of Happy Airstream Owners.

These forums ROCK!!! I have learned so much and am real excited to join your ranks.
Mike and Kim[/QUOTE]
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Ok, thanks for your two cents. She listed off about 8 sites when I called to choose from. Never been there so I chose to park near the top of the hill and see how it goes. We are looking forward to camping with a group of other AS's. We have site A20. Now just pray that the Airstream becomes ours.
Mike and Kim Hottinger
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
If anyone doesn't know...my Excella is on Craigslist and the Classifieds here. We might want to get into a smaller ( maybe older too) unit. It is a terrific Airstream for someone. If you know of any lookers let me know, I do have someone coming tomorrow from Fla.

1980 Airstream
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #48
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
If anyone doesn't know...my Excella is on Craigslist and the Classifieds here. We might want to get into a smaller ( maybe older too) unit. It is a terrific Airstream for someone. If you know of any lookers let me know, I do have someone coming tomorrow from Fla.

1980 Airstream
I wondered what you were up to, Alan...got a little worried about you there for a day or two. And after seeing your rig last fall, I have to agree, it's one terrific Airstream. A bargain at the price you're asking. I've got almost that much in mine and it's not finished yet.

See y'all in the fall.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Quote:

1980 Airstream
Alan, we love your Airstream and you did a great job with it. Unfortunatly it is quite a bit higher than we are able to stretch for our first AS. We know it will be acquired by the right people who will really appreciate the detail work you put into it.
Mike and Kim
Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Thanks, I am not sure it will sell, and we are ok if it doesn't. It was a labor of love as they say, and I have enjoyed watching it progress over the past few years. Not really wanting to start another project, but there could always be one in my future. This aluminitis and travel bug has certainly got me.
Some very interested folks are flying up to day to see it...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
Reservation made

The reservation for Falluminum 2010 was made today. We are in site A32 if someone is making a locator map. It looks like we will have a short stay because of a conflict. We will arrive on Friday and checkout on Sunday. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. I have polished my skills on dutch oven cooking.
Frank and Reba
Frank McFee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Blanche & Martin A34

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Great to have you all aboard. Hopefully we will still have a trailer.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Sold our super Airstream to a couple who will be coming to Falluminum! They are excited to be the proud new owners of the shiny 31.
We will be there if we can though... meven if we have to rent a trailer!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #55
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Dog Nite View Post
If by the river road you mean US64, It's open now. I'm talking about the rockslide along the Ocoee River.

Ricky
The River Road and US 64 are the same road that goes through the Ocoee River Gorge. It is open now and very passable.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #56
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Quote:
Sold our super Airstream to a couple who will be coming to Falluminum! They are excited to be the proud new owners of the shiny 31.
Oh no! You sold your trailer withone having another one first? Are you going through DT's? Are you bummed and lonely? Hurry, find one quick!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
We have an unusual view of our driveway now...with no shiny aluminum in it. But there will be another...older...smaller ( hope I am not describing myself here ...down the road a bit.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Quote:
We are pround to have kept this very nice trailer in N GA. We have a site for the rally, now added the aluminum trailer and we are ready to go. Thanks to Alan for all the work he put in the AS as it has allowed us to stretch higher than we had planned but gave us a very nice example of an AS.

See you all at Falluminum, now hopefully the site works for the camper.

Mike
Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Welcome/hazing/initiation/prepare the snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHottinger View Post
We are pround to have kept this very nice trailer in N GA. We have a site for the rally, now added the aluminum trailer and we are ready to go. Thanks to Alan for all the work he put in the AS as it has allowed us to stretch higher than we had planned but gave us a very nice example of an AS.

See you all at Falluminum, now hopefully the site works for the camper.

Mike
Mike,

Welcome aboard, you've bought a great trailer that you guys will certainly enjoy for a long time. You're starting off much different than most vintage Airstreamers. Most buy trailers, then work and toil towards making their first trip...then continue to work on other stuff that needs improvements. With this trailer, it's all done. Nothing to do but enjoy it and maintain it's excellent condition!
I am surprised that you're coming camping after Alan explained the hazing/initiation process involved. I hope he didn't leave that out in the interest of selling the trailer.

Thanks, G

PS Please let us know if you have any problems with snake handling before we begin preparations. Chant, chant, chant.....
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #60

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
I am surprised that you're coming camping after Alan explained the hazing/initiation process involved. I hope he didn't leave that out in the interest of selling the trailer.

Thanks, G

PS Please let us know if you have any problems with snake handling before we begin preparations. Chant, chant, chant.....
Gev!!!,

That's top secret inner fire circle privileged information you're putting out on the street for everyone to see. Now we'll never get any new attendees at the rally.

Hey Mike,

Glad you're able to attend. The rallies in Hiawassee are always fun if "G" behaves, and they're usually better when he doesn't. Ruth always does a pretty good job keeping him out of trouble.

Alan put a lot of effort into that trailer and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of his work. All Airstream require maintenance of one form or another but you should have many of the not so pleasant chores out of the way.

We can't make it this Fall so hopefully we'll catch up with you all at SpringStream 11.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote