Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #681
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Talking

I just read through all the posts and have more questions/suggestions.

1. How does the raffle work? (I was wondering if it might be auction style and the proceeds go to a worthy cause)
2. Could I set up a couple of events for the kids? I was thinking(like someone mentioned) a bike race and a scavenger hunt? The scavenger hunt would mostly be items different people have in the campers (kids would get that item signed off of their list, you get the idea)( people could post or email me neat items they have that the kids would have to find). I can handle prizes.
3. Could we get a quick accounting of the kids coming and their ages?
4. Does the campground allow motorized vehicle, i.e. golf carts, scooters, mini bikes(I know I could look at camp ground rules but this is more fun).

Thanks in advance for comments, just thought this would make it a little more fun for the kids. Thanks again.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #682
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
BB57 I like that one!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #683
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone

1. How does the raffle work? (I was wondering if it might be auction style and the proceeds go to a worthy cause)
2. Could I set up a couple of events for the kids? I was thinking(like someone mentioned) a bike race and a scavenger hunt? The scavenger hunt would mostly be items different people have in the campers (kids would get that item signed off of their list, you get the idea)( people could post or email me neat items they have that the kids would have to find). I can handle prizes.
4. Does the campground allow motorized vehicle, i.e. golf carts, scooters, mini bikes(I know I could look at camp ground rules but this is more fun).

Thanks in advance for comments, just thought this would make it a little more fun for the kids. Thanks again.
Anyone interested, anyone, anyone, anyone. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.

Heinlein
Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #684
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone

3. I have two sons: ages 7 & 10.
4. Sorry, no golf carts...I asked last year. I think this applies to all non-licensed, non-street legal modes of transportation.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #685
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
3. I have two sons: ages 7 & 10.
4. Sorry, no golf carts...I asked last year. I think this applies to all non-licensed, non-street legal modes of transportation.
My 13 year old will be with us but his prime concern will be how to get connected to XBox Live for a Halo3 match.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #686
_

. , .
m'm'1

it's a state park, check the florida state park regulations, but generally unlicensed motorized vehicles of any sort aren't allowed.

noise is also an issue. and the surrounding area is a 'protected zone' so things like open fires and walking on the sand dunes is forbidden.

there IS a set of park rules for THIS campground and i'd suggest reading them, just so you are aware (somewhat) of the issues.

also READ the thread from last year...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-27292.html

there were 6-10 kids total last year, approximately. WE kids did go for bike rides and to the beach and so on.

i'd guess double that many this year, and not counting the flamingo pajama wearing party crowd!

with kids of all ages it's a challenge to organize an activity that would interest all of them...

that doesn't involve video games or eating!

scavenger hunt? i doubt most folks want kids or adults scavenging around the camp sites....

BUT there is a gator pond and a kid or 2 might make good bait!

there are cars and trucks and old people wearing trifocals driving on the park roads....

so keep track of yer young'ins...

but the beach is near by for kite flying and sand castles and getting wet or just walking.

there is also a bike/pedestrian trail that runs east for many many miles and right through the next 4-5 small villages...

there are LOTS of things to do along the very developed roadway west of the park...

this is the florida gulf coast!

1. the raffle give-aways are just that, given away.

like most forum rallies this is a time for fun, friendship, relaxing and not too much organized anything.

IF you really wanna plan and do some different things...

plan and do them, set up a sign at your site with the 'days events'...

someone will take part and enjoy it.

just watch out for klattu, he is one crazy dude!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #687
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
My 13 year old will be with us but his prime concern will be how to get connected to XBox Live for a Halo3 match.
Our two sons, 14 & 16, are coming with us. I'm sure the 3 of them will have it figured out within the first 2 minutes that we are there--before I have the AS set up!
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #688
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

I know last year there were a few bikes.

How about a bike race from the campgrounds to the beach, round the circle and back.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #689
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea
Our two sons, 14 & 16, are coming with us. I'm sure the 3 of them will have it figured out within the first 2 minutes that we are there--before I have the AS set up!
If they have an Xbox we could throw up a LAN and they could play head to head. I normally have 2 Laptops they could have a LAN Party. Oh wait that is what we are trying to get them away from.

What kind of dog is Charlie, I don't want him to eat my Miniature Schnauzer. Of course how bad can a dog named Charlie be?
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #690
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
We have one son 9 and I'm afraid he is going to be looking for the x-box action. Or gaurding the airstream sofa with his game boy advance.
We brought the bikes last year and it was great for the journey to the beach.
Air# 9552
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #691
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
We have one son 9 and I'm afraid he is going to be looking for the x-box action. Or gaurding the airstream sofa with his game boy advance.
We brought the bikes last year and it was great for the journey to the beach.
We will have our bikes, we bought the wife a new bike the first time we went to Topsail. I have new tires and tubes for the older bikes and will install before we leave. I need a lot of bike time.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #692
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark

If they have an Xbox we could throw up a LAN and they could play head to head. I normally have 2 Laptops they could have a LAN Party. Oh wait that is what we are trying to get them away from.

What kind of dog is Charlie, I don't want him to eat my Miniature Schnauzer. Of course how bad can a dog named Charlie be?
They don't have an Xbox, they play "Age of Empires3" online & we may bring the MAC lap top. Charlie is a beagle mix, but he sometimes forgets his "campground manners" & barks at other dogs. So, we may bring our new puppy Apollo, who is about 4 months old now. He's a lab mix. We will bring our bikes-all 4, so the Overlander will be full.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #693
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
I know last year there were a few bikes.

How about a bike race from the campgrounds to the beach, round the circle and back.
A bike race or tour to beach or town sounds great. What about a candlelight hike to the beach for those too ansy for the movie or video games, for kids or even older kids. Happy hour on the beach, or is that just too much work? OMG I just had a flashback of Annette in back to the beach, LOL.

photography
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #694
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Topsail Hill pictures from florida photos on webshots

I found this in the '06 thread for any newbees like me. Photos of every site incase you don't know if your TT will fit.

Thanks 2air for the link and Jim Clark for the original post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #695
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
We don't bring video games when we go camping, the only games we bring are board games the whole family can play. The board games are for after dark or if inclement weather keeps us in. It's cool though we are used to entertaining the kids when we go camping, it's normally a lot of fun for all. We will bring our bikes, kites, frisbees, football, b-ball, dump trucks, buckets, shovels and fishing poles. We encourage as much outdoor activity as possible especially when we go camping. Granted we don't have teenagers yet, I'm sure things will change somewhat at that point, ours are still young enough to really enjoy playing outside and I'm just a big ole kid myself. However after the kids are tucked in my wilder adult side comes out, then Katie bar the doors and lock away the young ones. j/k well... kinda.

I think I read something about no open fires, that doesn't apply to a fire in a fire ring our outdoor fireplace does it?

Heinlein
Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #696
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Fires

The portable fire pits are ok to bring.A couple or so people had those last year.
Has anyone been having trouble get thru onto this canopener page by chance.Someone is trying to click on it but it does not come up for them.I think they are wanting to sign up for the rally and are wanting to check it out.Forum name TorpedoFamily.Thanks Everyone.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #697
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I've had problems over the last couple of days signing onto a couple of different threads I have subscribed to, but I think I've been able to get through on this one OK.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Old 11-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #698
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
The portable fire pits are ok to bring.A couple or so people had those last year...
It might make sense to check with the campground. We stayed at a Florida state park back in June and it was no open flames, including charcoal grills . Gas was ok as long as it was for cooking.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #699
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
HiHoAgRV,
Thanks for the great link to the site photo's!

Michael
Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #700
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
It's getting closer and closer but seemingly slower and slower.

Heinlein
Closed Thread