Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #761
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
2air tipped me off last year about Miss Lucilles and the free wi-fi and I was a frequent visitor. It's a cool place with great coffee and all sorts of goodies and sandwiches.

Any one have a recommendation for steak or ribs? How about the mentioned Ruth Cris Steak House, good? And what is the best place with an ocean view and outdoor seating?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0994.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	49822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0990A.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	49823  

Name:	IMG_0977.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	49824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0991.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	49825  

Name:	IMG_0998.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	49826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0997.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	49827  

Name:	IMG_0993.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	49828  

photography
Old 11-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #762
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Ruth's Chris god?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
How about the mentioned Ruth Cris Steak House, good? And what is the best place with an ocean view and outdoor seating?
Ruth's Chris is best when someone else is buying. It is very expensive! My mom, her boy toy and I went to the one in Annapolis, MD. $200 for three. I am glad I was not buying. Dressy casual or better.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

Old 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #763
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
You asked about the Ruth's Chris in Destin.......

We have dined there, as well as other RC locations in different cities. I will NEVER return.....even on someone else's dime! First, for almost the same price (maybe a few bucks more) you can have a real dining experience, with better food and service, at Seegar's. But, the real reason that I won't return is that I felt ripped off at the Destin location. We took some visiting friends there for dinner a few months ago. We were almost forced to use valet parking, as the walk from "parking your own" will quickly discourage that option. We received a parking ticket and was instructed to give it to our server???? I wasn't really paying much attention to that little detail, until the bill arrived.......with the added $5.00 parking fee (does not include the valet tip). When I asked about it, I was told that the nearby condo (which owns the parking lot) forces them to charge the fee. That's a crock, as the company that I work for owns the Construction Management firm that built the building that houses Ruth's Chris (was originally Silver Shells Clubhouse). Unless there are some hidden facts, that I am unaware of, the parking fee is just another way to rip off diners......and, who is going to bitch about $5.00 when you're paying an average of $60-75 per meal. So, for a measly $5.00, they have lost my business forever.

Apologize for the rant, but some things need to see the light of day!

There are several restaurants to choose from, with a view of Destin Harbor. You might be lucky and catch a day for outdoor dining, but those options are few during January and February (it does get cold here).

Chief
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #764
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks you guys for saving us a bundle!!!! What I did last year was go to Seaside and that neat little deli, albeit expensive, cut steaks to size per order (none displayed) and found a nice bottle of wine and some baking potatoes. That was splurge enough.

photography
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #765
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, we often rate our trips by meals such as you describe above. We find a great local seafood market or grocer/butcher, buy whatever looks best and ask the merchant's recommendation, gather the freshest salad makings, potatoes, bread, all local produce hopefully, go back to camp, cook outdoors, eat outdoors with some of the grandest "front yards" we could dream to have...all done at a fraction of the cost of a pricey restaurant dinner and always more intimate and memorable. Mmmmmmmmm yum! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #766

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
We just got back from Destin on Wednesday. Local TV down there was doing an investigation on resturants serving seafood. They are doing DNA testing on the fish since apparently some places are substituting without informing the diner.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #767
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
We just got back from Destin on Wednesday. Local TV down there was doing an investigation on resturants serving seafood. They are doing DNA testing on the fish since apparently some places are substituting without informing the diner.

Jack
Oh the horror. Living in New Orleans I can only wish that was a news story here.

My wife just told me it is a national problem.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #768
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
2air tipped me off last year about Miss Lucilles and the free wi-fi and I was a frequent visitor. It's a cool place with great coffee and all sorts of goodies and sandwiches.

Any one have a recommendation for steak or ribs? How about the mentioned Ruth Cris Steak House, good? And what is the best place with an ocean view and outdoor seating?
Carol, you are heading to the coast and you want steak or ribs??? Come on girl, save that for the trip back home, or at least the last night in Florida after you have had seafood for a week .

Greg
Old 11-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #769
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
Its hard to beat a good steak or some ribs I dont care who you are... I like seafood to but I live here so I can get it anytime...SAM

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
Old 11-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #770
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Just in case you are interested

In post 108, (less than 72 hours after this thread opened), I kinda sorta predicted we should shoot for 50 attendees and re-name the park Airstream City. My count shows 54 so far. There will be so much reflected sunshine in this park, the area temperature will likely go up several degrees.

After doing 3 nights this weekend in the cold, wind and rain, I'm ready for some Florida warmth and Streamer hospitality.

Greg
Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #771
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Now did you have to speak of food at a time like this....

did you not know that Surf and Turf is the best combination out there - whether it is on one plate or sitting beside someone with one

I love seafood and steak - but I don't dooooo fish

Well it looks like our cards are not coming up for us for this trip!

Priority Pennies have to go to purchase a new Insulin Pump for Peter.

We had our fingers crossed - but the timing is not working out - we have to foot the bill and have a possible wait of at least 3-4 months for reimbursement.

so we are going to have to cancel - which means 114 will be coming up for grabs....I have to find my reservation number so that I can cancel so I will probably be doing it tomorrow -

Just giving a few heads up that might want to go and need a close to the inner circle spot tee hee - it is a nice corner lot.....

Really sorry we will miss you all AGAIN this year.....

7 more years to retirement - so that will be a definite
Old 11-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #772
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
we know those pumps are costly, Sharon. You are making a necessary, caring choice, but know that we'll all miss you two. Here's to next year, at TopSail! Best wishes for Peter... ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #773
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Prime property available, I just had to cancel my reservation spot 158. So it's up for grabs. My husbands mother is sick and things are in a up-roar around here. I'm sick myself from having to cancel but I'm needed here.
Air# 9552
Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #774
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks ~G - Peter is disappointed as well - he was very much (and in need) of a vacation.

Hey Rebel - I am sorry to hear you had to cancel as well....

hmmmm maybe we could auction off the Prime Realestate

I still have to go find my password and reservation so that I can cancell it - but hopefully will do that today some time

Again - Sorry we will not get to meet so many of you this year....
Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #775
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Thanks ~G - Peter is disappointed as well - he was very much (and in need) of a vacation.

Hey Rebel - I am sorry to hear you had to cancel as well....
hmmmm maybe we could auction of the Prime Realestate
I am disappointed as well. oh well.
Too late. I reconsidered relocating. I am out of 14 and into 158! Time to update the map!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #776
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Good For you Michelle

Was a bit out there parked all by your lonesome - I think - but then Carol menioned your #14 spot was directly behind the #114 - I thought of you walking to the party through the bush and that was not a good idea

Well have fun anyway...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #777
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963

so we are going to have to cancel - which means 114 will be coming up for grabs....I have to find my reservation number so that I can cancel so I will probably be doing it tomorrow -

Just giving a few heads up that might want to go and need a close to the inner circle spot tee hee - it is a nice corner lot.....
I have some that may want to get it if we can coordinate it.

In other words your cancellation and his reservation.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #778
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Considering the time frame and the level of biuracracy that may exist in Res. America. Would it work if those that had to cancel just post here and the first individule to send them a PM would take the site then just cancel thier site with Res. America and just show up as the original Streamer. If a site goes back into the system there is no telling how long before it would become available and no guarentee it wouldn't be given to the next SOB that called.

As I recall Fl. did not ask for any ID when I checked in so what difference would it make to them if one just showed up and explaned at that time.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #779
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE
Considering the time frame and the level of biuracracy that may exist in Res. America. Would it work if those that had to cancel just post here and the first individule to send them a PM would take the site then just cancel thier site with Res. America and just show up as the original Streamer. If a site goes back into the system there is no telling how long before it would become available and no guarentee it wouldn't be given to the next SOB that called.

As I recall Fl. did not ask for any ID when I checked in so what difference would it make to them if one just showed up and explaned at that time.
I have no problem with that at all...

Then if things change I could bunk in as their double - Just kidding...

No that is fine - not an issue at all - I could even mail the reservation if they wanted it - It is only a matter of $10.00 to reserve America - and even that they never seem to catch up on either
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #780
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I am disappointed as well. oh well.
Too late. I reconsidered relocating. I am out of 14 and into 158! Time to update the map!
All of that just so you wouldn't have to be my neighbor! Gesh, give a guy a complex would ya!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Closed Thread