Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Membership in WBCCI

I would like to know how you joint the above.....I have sent an e-mail yesterday, but no one has answered it yet.....What is the cost of membership, and how much are the dues ??? Can someone help me with this......I am a member of the Registry.....
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
First off, beyond dues the only cost of membership is owning an Airstream RV of some kind.

Dues vary a little from unit to unit, my own unit charges the minimum, so our total dues are $65/year.

Did you send an email to your local WBCCI unit, or to the organization as a whole? Generally the local unit's membership coordinator should be quicker to answer than the national rep, who would probably forward your email to your local unit anyway. It can vary from unit to unit, though... I emailed one local unit 3 times and still haven't heard from them nearly a year later, but the other was quick to answer my questions, tell me I was welcome to join them on a campout before deciding so I could meet people and check out the group, etc. I'm now a happy member of the Heart of Texas Camping Unit in part because our membership coordinator was so responsive and welcoming.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Leonardtown , Maryland
http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=Membership

Rebee - WBCCI #1325
2002 Classic Ltd 30'
2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins
Rebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
WBCCI International yearly dues are $65 if you also join a local Unit ( chapter) and pay their dues. The local dues can be as little as $1 or as much as $20 as established by the unit. If you do not want to join a local unit there is a members at large fee that the national collects in addition to the $65. That makes the total $85. You can send in your dues at any time ,but the membership runs from Jan to December. You will also have to tell them what number you want, of those available.

Actually, if you just want to be a Members at Large (MAL), the whole thing can be more easily handled over the phone to Jackson Center. The ladies are most helpful.

Personally, I think you would find the membership more fulfilling by joining a local chapter. You should visit one of their outings and see if you think they are your kind of people before committing any money. I am not familiar with anyone in the Arkansas unit but their website and contact information should be available on the WBCCI.ORG website. Go to the Regions and units page and click on the Region number Arkansas is in. Then the units in that region will be displayed. If they have a website, the name of the unit will be in blue, indicating a link to their website. Call the membership chairman or any other officer listed for details. It is better to use the phone than email as many of the members are on the road and do not check their email every day.

If you decide to join a unit, you still need to call Jackson Center to reserve a number for yourself.

It is nice to see new people coming on board to join WBCCI. We have been members for 18 years.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Ole-Red,

You said you sent an email yesterday (which was a Sunday, don't know what time) it is only 1:14pm here on the east coast, so even if you sent it at 12:00 noon, that's only 24 hours ago of which 12 of them were on the weekend. Remember, the WBCCI is a "Volunteer" outfit except at HQ Monday-Friday and does not have people standing by 24 hrs a day to answer emails and phone calls like an insurance company. You never know, maybe the person you sent the email to is sick, has computer problems or maybe out using their Airstream.

If you don't hear something back in a few days, I would suggest calling the main office (these people get paid) of the WBCCI at 937-596-5211 and ask to speak with Deb Mann or Deb Sailor.

Give it a little time, it's worth the wait.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
WBCCI Membership

If you contact International here is the person whom you should take to...she'll take good care of you:

WBCCI
Membership Director, Deb Mann
dmann@wbcci.org, ph. 937-596-5211

Or if you want to join the 4CUnit, contact me and I'll help you pronto!

Here's a little more information...

As stated above the International portion of the dues is $65...
Each unit has its own unit dues...ours is just $1/year. Yup...$1. So the total for the 4CU is $66.

Membership runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec BUT if you join after 1 July of any year, then your official membership begins the NEXT calendar year and you get the rest of the current year as a "bonus."

You can request a specific number if you wish. If it is available they will assign it to you. If you do not care, they will assign a number at random and send you the red numbers for your trailer. You are NOT required to put the numbers on your trailer...and many of us don't...they call us "baldies." However, if you attend a regional or international WBCCI event they may require you to display your numbers prominently because that's how they keep track of everybody. The number stays with you, not the trailer. So if you sell and buy another, your number moves with you.

Once you are a member of any unit, you may join any other unit as an associate (or affiliate) of that Unit. This is helpful if you want to be in the loop and on their mailing list, etc, so you'll know about their events. You may join any unit you wish...it does not have to be in your geographic area, though if there is a group you like in your area, I'd suggest that.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to help, no strings attached.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
It looks like the Arkansas Razorback Unit does not have a website. Their membership chairman is Dave Gulley at 501-868-1859 and their president this year. Like many of our people, he may be out on the road enjoying his Airstream. He does have an email of dmgulley at gmail. I have never attended any of their functions and I do not know anybody that is a member of that unit.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
NOVA Unit

NOVA unit is a new unit. We are internet based and having fun camping and doing meetings online and with conference calling. We would love to have you join. You can read about us at www.campnova.com
International dues are $65. and local dues are $1.00.
Try out some rallies with several groups and see if you have fun. There are lots of friendly groups out there!
Being a part of a unit lets you have a say in the organization, whereas being an MAL does not include you in any voting.
Good luck in your search. Have fun camping!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote