Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Of course we are. LOL!

Alright fellowbabies...a classic WKRP... the Turkey Drop

video Happy Thanksgiving - WKRP Turkey Drop - thanksgiving, happy, wkrp - videos kewego

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
While we are talking about WKRP...(this is completly off subject,interest or good taste, but if you know your WKRP you will know this) BOOGER!!!!
(the word that got Dr. Jhonny Fever fired from his previous gig, and also the first word he said on air at WKRP followed by Ted Nugents "Queen of the Forest".)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
At 5:30 this morning, NOVA reached the minimum of 10 members required to create a new WBCCI unit. Counting our Affiliate Members NOVA is over 20!

We did this in 18 days. While I believe this is great, I really encourage anyone "on the fence" to look further into the WBCCI. Consider NOVA as well as any other unit.

For the next 16 days, the opportunity to be a Charter Member of NOVA will be available. Plus, you will receive a free cool hanging ornament ($56 value)!

Let's go for 10 more members!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Great!!!

Good job, folks! Let's keep it going. We know that there is alot of interest in this type of "club". The more interest that we show, the better!!! We are really looking forward to camping with all of you or getting to know you online!!!
This will be the most expensive ornament on my tree! Good job, Dan!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I just went through 70 (sorry Dan not 700) "Groups" listed on the Facebook search engine for "airstream" and posted 10 or 12 links to the www.campnova.com web site. Maybe this will draw some interest. Does any one use Twitter or Myspace? They might have something similar.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via MSN to Sparty73 Send a message via Yahoo to Sparty73
The check has been put in the mail along with completed required form. Will you post how close you're getting to the needed number?
Sparty73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty73 View Post
The check has been put in the mail along with completed required form. Will you post how close you're getting to the needed number?
I look forward to meeting you! NOVA has reached the minimum number. In fact, we have now surpassed it.

www.campnova.com

Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
At 5:30 this morning, NOVA reached the minimum of 10 members required to create a new WBCCI unit. Counting our Affiliate Members NOVA is over 20!

We did this in 18 days. While I believe this is great, I really encourage anyone "on the fence" to look further into the WBCCI. Consider NOVA as well as any other unit.

For the next 16 days, the opportunity to be a Charter Member of NOVA will be available. Plus, you will receive a free cool hanging ornament ($56 value)!

Let's go for 10 more members!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
New WBCCI Unit

Hey Dan,

How do I send my affiliate dues? We're members of a few units along the east coast!

This should be the model for a 50 state realignment of the WBCCI. It will capture all those under 60 who feel that they have nothing in common with their local units! That has the potential to grow the club by 500 in very short order and improve the communication and its affect on the positive side of membership!

Kudos!

Wayne and Linda Moore
VAC/WBCCI 15116
wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
1976 Argosy 24
Olsburg , Kansas
I don't know if age has any thing to do with a new virtual club. It seems as though there will be people in either club that are inflexible, age does not mean a thing! Ageism is a form of discrimination! Other than that have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam52 View Post
How do I send my affiliate dues? We're members of a few units along the east coast!

This should be the model for a 50 state realignment of the WBCCI. It will capture all those under 60 who feel that they have nothing in common with their local units! That has the potential to grow the club by 500 in very short order and improve the communication and its affect on the positive side of membership!

Kudos!

Wayne and Linda Moore
VAC/WBCCI 15116
clydecrashcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #71
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydecrashcu View Post
How do I send my affiliate dues?
We're also interested in affiliate membership. More info please.

Lucius

on edit...

I found the link for affilliate membership on the www.campnova.com web site

http://www.campnova.com/9.html
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Per the "Model WBBCI Bylaws":

Regular Members of another Unit may become Affiliate members in this Unit by an application to the Membership Committee and upon acceptance shall possess all the rights and privileges of the Unit except:

• The right to hold office in the Unit.

• The right to vote in the selection or election of officers in the Unit, Region or Inter*national or on any amendment to the Unit or the International Constitution.

• The right to voteon the dissolution of the Unit, consolidation of the Unit with one or more units, or the merger of the Unit with another Unit. (1/19/07)

-----------------------

The intention of NOVA accepting affiliate members at this time is to provide an avenue for current WBCCI members to enjoy the benefits that NOVA will offer. Additionally, the affiliate applications will show the WBCCI leadership that NOVA has been accepted by the current members in the WBCCI community.

I welcome all current members to join in! I would love to see some more Ohio WBCCI members come aboard.

The Affiliate membership fee right now stands at $1. If you wish to send it to me, great. If not, I'll get it from you at the next campout!

www.campnova.com

Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Dan

From the Four Corners Unit (FCU), I wanted to wish you much luck and success with your new unit -

I started the FCU just as you are starting NOVA - I believe we are the most recent of admitted units to the WBCCI - so anything I can do to help you get going, please do not hesitate to PM me.

For us it was a bit of an uphill battle getting approved, so press on, don't get discouraged - I think this is what the WBCCI needs to grow and attract new members - we have over 100 members now and growing - we have attracted lots of folks who would never have joined the WBCCI and I think you will too - we can all talk about what the WBCCI needs to do and what we like and don't like, but the bottom line is folks like you who are willing to step up and grow the club...

Again, best of luck to you and all the charter members.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #74
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
I am not a WBCCI member yet but am interested in your unit. At 73 am I to old, Wayne & Linda?
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Larry and I are 61 and 60 respectively, and have sometimes been the oldest of the group that hangs out here in OH. (We are sometimes the last to leave the campfire and the last to get up in the morning too!) AGE has NOT made a difference!!! We welcome folks of all ages!!! We enjoy the "kids" and have had lots of fun with everyone. We look forward to meeting up with everyone down the road! Please join us!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Wayne & Linda,
I see your new to the forums. Welcome!

You will quickly learn that most everyone around here dismisses age. The only important thing is that you maintain your friendlyness by remaining young at heart.

Of course you are welcome to join NOVA!

www.campnova.com

Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I thought I was keeping up on these posts about NOVA. I must have missed one some place.

When did / Why did this age thing come up? Hey as long as you own an Airstream and can pay your dues you are in. (At least that is my understanding.)

The age thing must have been taken out of context from a joke about an OLD television show?

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Or from all the comments about the "old" WBCCI members and their fading glory.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
a suggestion for all involved in the [hopefully] new NOVA...

there's a chat room here at the forums, but that's only good for things like our meeting last Sunday.

I'd like to suggest that everyone download and use Yahoo Messenger and use it when online and willing to chat w/ NOVA and AS'ers. I think it would be a great way for the "digital unit" of NOVA to keep in touch with other NOVA members.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Age discrimination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Wayne & Linda,
I see your new to the forums. Welcome!

You will quickly learn that most everyone around here dismisses age. The only important thing is that you maintain your friendlyness by remaining young at heart.
Of course you are welcome to join NOVA!
Hi Dan,
Were not new to the forums maybe not as active as some nor are we new to the WBCCI!
No foul intended but the most common complaint from people under 60 (read that as not retired) trying out the WBCCI, is that the membership of their local unit is too old, that they are not welcoming in any way and appear to be happy with being entertained and stationary. Which in turn sends the prospects away. Having contact with a vibrant group that shares the same interests is vital to growth of any organization.

Whether we like it or not age is a discriminator in the WBCCI simply because the needs of those who are retired conflicts with those who are not! This will not go away, but a move to unite those who are comfortable with the information age and its tools, will certainly be a welcomed addition to the options!

WAM
VAC/WBCCI 15116 (1999 to pres)
wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote