Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
St. Paul , Minnesota
Purchasing Sprinter Parts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	547.3 KB
ID:	301971

Where do you buy your Sprinter parts? The attached photo is of a brake system part called a "dashpot". It is a simple plastic part that I can replace by myself. I am having little luck finding this. The local Sprinter dealer seems unable to get back to me after I have requested a quote. All online searches direct me to overseas sites. NAPA Auto does not carry it. Where do you go for everyday parts like filters, etc?
3bcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bcamper View Post
Attachment 301971

Where do you buy your Sprinter parts? The attached photo is of a brake system part called a "dashpot". It is a simple plastic part that I can replace by myself. I am having little luck finding this. The local Sprinter dealer seems unable to get back to me after I have requested a quote. All online searches direct me to overseas sites. NAPA Auto does not carry it. Where do you go for everyday parts like filters, etc?
That looks like an obscure item so I'll bet you'll have to get it through MB (or a Freightliner dealer that services Sprinters). You could try Europarts of San Diego. They seem to have a decent parts inventory for Sprinter vans.
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
St. Paul , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntAsphalt View Post
That looks like an obscure item so I'll bet you'll have to get it through MB (or a Freightliner dealer that services Sprinters). You could try Europarts of San Diego. They seem to have a decent parts inventory for Sprinter vans.

Thank you.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Westerville , Ohio
I get maintenance parts from Amazon, NAPA, and Europarts of San Diego. The part you're looking for shows up in searches as a Volkswagen Crafter van part...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/MERCEDES-SP...103/1313689423

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Org-VW-Craf....c100033.m2042

It's weird that there's so little information or availability for that part. You may have to order it from a Volkswagen or Mercedes dealer in Europe if you want new. Or just buy a used one on eBay. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Try calling AutoHausAZ, http://www.autohausaz.com/ and talking to them. You wont find it on the web site so call them.
swilly43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
St. Paul , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircruiser View Post
I get maintenance parts from Amazon, NAPA, and Europarts of San Diego. The part you're looking for shows up in searches as a Volkswagen Crafter van part...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/MERCEDES-SP...103/1313689423

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Org-VW-Craf....c100033.m2042

It's weird that there's so little information or availability for that part. You may have to order it from a Volkswagen or Mercedes dealer in Europe if you want new. Or just buy a used one on eBay. Good luck.

Thank you. I did not know about Europarts SD. They don't come up on Sprinter part searches.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bcamper View Post
.... The local Sprinter dealer seems unable to get back to me after I have requested a quote. ...
Did you approach the parts desk in person? Telephone with dealers... not necessarily the best approach. I've found that if I hand-carry a part to the desk and say "I need one of these", they will immediately assist. If they don't have it in stock, it gets ordered.

They seem to like people coming in to buy parts, because it results in a new database entry that potentially might help them to facilitate future sales of more parts or services.

Plus, standing at the parts desk, one is surrounded with other MB owners who are watching and waiting their turn. No CSR is going to foul up that interaction, because it will be noted by others. Customer service is the big thing that MB is never supposed to get wrong, according to corporate cultural mandates.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
St. Paul , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Did you approach the parts desk in person? Telephone with dealers... not necessarily the best approach. I've found that if I hand-carry a part to the desk and say "I need one of these", they will immediately assist. If they don't have it in stock, it gets ordered.

They seem to like people coming in to buy parts, because it results in a new database entry that potentially might help them to facilitate future sales of more parts or services.

Plus, standing at the parts desk, one is surrounded with other MB owners who are watching and waiting their turn. No CSR is going to foul up that interaction, because it will be noted by others. Customer service is the big thing that MB is never supposed to get wrong, according to corporate cultural mandates.

Good idea!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post

Be sure to have your Sprinter's VIN with you when you speak with the parts guys. Without the VIN, my local Freightliner parts guy is like the Soup Nazi...No parts for you!!
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntAsphalt View Post
Be sure to have your Sprinter's VIN with you when you speak with the parts guys. Without the VIN, my local Freightliner parts guy is like the Soup Nazi...No parts for you!!
Very true - good catch. MB tracks all mods done to Sprinters, to the extent that they are able. If you even order an extra key, that information must go into their database. Taking the title with you on a first visit will get things off to a good start.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote