Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #841
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post

INTERBLOG - wouldn't LPG or GAS be easier? Ok, ok, I get it's not sophisticated STEM lingo, but it works for the simple man in me

I prefer the very simple LP.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #842
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I prefer the very simple LP.
MIKE - that was an efficiency increase of 33%

RCAV8R - I found answer to my question when I was perusing WeBoost site - they use RG6 cable. Will check what the AI tv antenna uses, though I have feeling it's only RG58
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #843
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
I love reading all this, whether I understand it all or not. I raised 2 STEMs and I'm thankful they still enjoy having technical conversations with me. I'm medical, maybe pseudo-STEM, or just a "leaf" off the STEM! I appreciate being able to show this info to them when I have a question and allow them to elaborate on it with me. I never camped with my sons, so each one of my problems has been a new experience for them too. Thanks to all who participate on this forum. It is really helpful.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #844
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Keswick , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Camerons
Polishing compound :)

Attached is a selfie I took after using polishing compound and wax. The picture is my reflection in the side of the interstate near the back. If your paint looks a little dull polishing compound then wax should bring it back. it’s a lot of work and time even with a powered detailing tool however the results are pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA5D984C-C8C5-4064-A7B7-BA7761F6FEE7.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	326999   Click image for larger version

Name:	04511799-3377-4857-BAD8-1E8E3B5AA2A3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	327000  

Camerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #845
2 Rivet Member

2007 Interstate
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania

Name:	IMG_4218.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	327027c
Old 11-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #846
2 Rivet Member

2007 Interstate
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Carmel and best parking spot ever.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #847
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerons View Post
Attached is a selfie I took after using polishing compound and wax. The picture is my reflection in the side of the interstate near the back. If your paint looks a little dull polishing compound then wax should bring it back. it’s a lot of work and time even with a powered detailing tool however the results are pretty nice.

A perfect mirror-finish!

Nothing looks worse than a dirty black vehicle. But nothing looks better than a clean & shiny black vehicle. Your's looks really nice!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #848
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
A perfect mirror-finish!

Nothing looks worse than a dirty black vehicle. But nothing looks better than a clean & shiny black vehicle. Your's looks really nice!
CAMERONS - +1 Agree with ROWIEBOWIE 100%. I always envy a clean & shiny black vehicle, especially a big truck or Sprinter. But I dont envy how much time it took you. Takes forever just to wash mine, it not black. I cringe thinking how long you took to wash, polish, wax. Great looking results
Old 11-06-2018, 04:35 AM   #849
2 Rivet Member

Salem , New Hampshire
Thumbs up

Quote:
... it’s a lot of work and time even with a powered detailing tool however the results are pretty nice.
Gorgeous! Reward for all the elbow grease.

Curious about your box/bike rack - is that commercial?
Old 11-06-2018, 04:48 AM   #850
2 Rivet Member

Salem , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
RCAV8R - Again, very nice! Your WeBoost modified internal antenna caught my eye. Can you share more details. Been wanting a WeBoost or the SureCall unit mentioned a while back by INTERBLOG. Which type RG cabling goes to the outdoor antenna? We do not use the TV antenna and was not sure if it's RG cabling is sufficient for WeBoost or if I have to fish out a beefier Wilson400. Have not even checked yet which RG the antenna uses.I would be willing to sacrifice not having a TV antenna if I can use it for WeBoost. Since yours is out back, did you have to punch out through the roof?

@AlexAVI - Sorry for the delay - just finished up our coast to coast to Gulf to Great Lakes to coast trip! Just completed Service B @ 20K miles (& $$$$), detailing next, then on to storage for the season.

Knowing we were going to spend a lot of time west of the Mississippi and since we have ATT, we knew we needed a cell booster. I talked to Lew about it, and he said he could easily add it. He basically threw away everything (WeBoost) but the booster box, ran into the RV through the same hole used for the panels, and routed the cable through the ceiling coming out at the MaxAir or whatever vent and mounted the internal antenna there. We have no loss of signal anywhere within the RV away from the internal antenna The difference (on or off) was usually 1-2 bars of signal most places. We 'ran dry' way off the beaten path only a couple of times. Worth the extra investment since we tether devices to our phones while traveling.

Sorry, don't know what cabling he used.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #851
3 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Zion National Park
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6389.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	327180  
Old 11-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #852
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-AV8R View Post
@AlexAVI - Sorry for the delay - just finished up our coast to coast to Gulf to Great Lakes to coast trip! Just completed Service B @ 20K miles (& $$$$), detailing next, then on to storage for the season.

Knowing we were going to spend a lot of time west of the Mississippi and since we have ATT, we knew we needed a cell booster. I talked to Lew about it, and he said he could easily add it. He basically threw away everything (WeBoost) but the booster box, ran into the RV through the same hole used for the panels, and routed the cable through the ceiling coming out at the MaxAir or whatever vent and mounted the internal antenna there. We have no loss of signal anywhere within the RV away from the internal antenna The difference (on or off) was usually 1-2 bars of signal most places. We 'ran dry' way off the beaten path only a couple of times. Worth the extra investment since we tether devices to our phones while traveling.

Sorry, don't know what cabling he used.
RCAV8R - Ok, thanks for all the info. I did find WeBoost uses RG6 with SMA connectors, so I have to assume Lew used same since its spec'ed for it. I just need to find d out what is used inside the AI when I get to it.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #853
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Wow, I have appointment with Lew Dec. 3. I didn't realize he would help with things like the Weboost. I definitely need a booster too. I'll ask about that. Feel free to send me a list of questions for him. I have T- mobile and will likely have to switch to ATT. They seem the most reliable for campers.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:21 AM   #854
3 Rivet Member

Keswick , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Camerons
http://nicova.ca/en/product/

The shipping costs were high so I drove to Quebec and picked it up. Good excuse to see the east coast if you haven’t been to canada
Old 11-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #855
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Zion National Park
Hey NOTSTOCK, you are in my neck of the woods. Zion is such a special place for us, we frequent it whether in rv or otherwise, even road bike riding. See you have your mtbs - did any riding around there or St. George? Colors are amazing in Zion, your rig looks like it was painted to be part of Zion color palette. Super pic!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:57 AM   #856
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
http://nicova.ca/en/product/

The shipping costs were high so I drove to Quebec and picked it up. Good excuse to see the east coast if you haven’t been to canada
You got a Nicova? That product has been discussed here, but I don't know that anyone else has taken the plunge. Pics?
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #857
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
Wow, I have appointment with Lew Dec. 3. I didn't realize he would help with things like the Weboost. I definitely need a booster too. I'll ask about that. Feel free to send me a list of questions for him. I have T- mobile and will likely have to switch to ATT. They seem the most reliable for campers.
MANSDERM161 - would be great to know a lot more about how Lew brought the outdoor antenna cable from the rear center through the holes for solar panel. The tough part might be once inside, have to pull cable forward via ceiling (don't know if this entails removing entire ceiling) towards vent hole that RCAV8R mentioned. And of couse, I have no such existing solar panel holes, as mine are the flex panels mounted with 3M VHB. And if I have to drill a hole in the rear anyways, I may elect to do so via the front roof, behind the front roof mounted radio antenna.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #858
van guru

1994 28' Excella
Hood River , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Zion National Park

Beautiful van photo! wish I was there with my bike.
Can you tell me which bike rack that is?

All the best,
Hein
our DIYvan
Hein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #859
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I want an orange kayak for the same reason that Notstock has an orange van. Very photogenic.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #860
3 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hein View Post

Beautiful van photo! wish I was there with my bike.
Can you tell me which bike rack that is?

All the best,
Hein
our DIYvan

It’s a recon rack