Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2019, 06:52 AM   #21
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
TMK, there were no stock devices as you described, although it was the case that the assembly crews took significant liberties with the T1N Interstate. So someone may have created a one-off for your vehicle, either because they felt like it, or perhaps because they had a custom order.

The round bowl sink and above-counter stoves were both standard. The recessed sink and stove (SMEV) were mark-up options during that period.
Interesting. Well, as I said, the hatch and hose were installed prior to the coach being painted, so it may have been a special-order add-on. I don't think that the recessed sink and stove were available for '04... at least I've not yet seen photos an '04 with the recessed bowl and stove.

I have the original sales receipt in my files, so I'll have to go over it more closely and see whether it was a special order coach, or bought off the showroom. I've spent so much time on deferred-maintenance repairs that I've just not explored that much. The coach was sold new by Colonial Airstream in NJ and the original owners lived in NJ. I bought it from a dealership where the original owner had consigned it.
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Nashville , Tennessee
I want to thank AlexAVI for his post. I've been around the block a time or two, but didn't know that stainless wire ties was even a thing. Found on Amazon and ordered.

Learned something new here,

Jim
jimb757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb757 View Post
I want to thank AlexAVI for his post. I've been around the block a time or two, but didn't know that stainless wire ties was even a thing. Found on Amazon and ordered.

Learned something new here,

Jim
JIMB757 - Thanks. You & me, both. I worked in the computer field for 35 yrs. All the wire tie wraps we used were plastic.While working, I had no time to work on my own cars but when I retired, I had all the time to work on them and went to auto parts stores that I never used before. Eventually I discovered stainless steel wire tie wraps, but that was only 5 or so years ago. And only because I got tired of my so-called UV resistant outdoor plastic wire ties kept breaking when I used them to hold my star-jasmine vines on my trellises.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote