Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
CaddyDaddy

Currently Looking...
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lanexa , Virginia
Interstate GT Floor Mats

I’m looking for a floor mat for a 2018 Sprinter van. I want to cover and protect the black carpet mat that comes stock with the GT. Does the WeatherTech liner for a sprinter cargo van work in an airstream gt? Anyone out there have any experience they’d like to share please chime in. Here’s a pic from amazon of what I’m thinking of going with. Just curious if anyone else has tried this one ...WeatherTech part number 4424912.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D6AEF78-EA19-4220-BF9F-1DA29F2AE000.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	383102  
CaddyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Frisco , Texas
Yes the Weathertech does work in the GT. Have that exact set in my 2018 GT EXT 4x4. So don’t think the front floorboard area is different for any of the variations.
ADVPHOTOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Libertyville , Illinois
+1 on that
Schmitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We got the WeatherTech floor mats for the front, but did not get that extraneous 3rd piece, as I wasn't sure where to put it and whether it would fit anywhere. We like the main floor mat just fine.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Las Cruces , New Mexico
We purchased the WeatherTech liner set shortly after our AI. It has been a very good investment in maintaining the cab area. The piece that is made for the space between the front seats needs to be trimmed to better accommodate the parking brake.
JJKinnerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
We used the WeatherTech cargo liners in our Navion and they worked great. DW dropped a venti latte on the floor while getting into the cab. The resulting ground burst was all contained and easily cleaned up. Still looking for a set that will fit our NV!
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Here and There , West Coast
I have a 2021 AI Nineteen 4X4. The WeatherTech site offers choices and even some pictures but darned if I can determine with confidence that the floor liner which appears to be for my kind of Sprinter will be the correct one and a good fit. My questions: 1. Anyone here purchased the WeatherTech for a 2021 AI-19, and 2. like the fit? 3. What model number? 4. Is it the best choice for a cab floor liner?
Thanks!
(Understand that it is now 2022 and the last post on this thread was Nov 2020, but on the same subject.)
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:35 AM   #8

2021 Interstate 24GL
Petersburg , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I have a 2021 AI Nineteen 4X4. The WeatherTech site offers choices and even some pictures but darned if I can determine with confidence that the floor liner which appears to be for my kind of Sprinter will be the correct one and a good fit. My questions: 1. Anyone here purchased the WeatherTech for a 2021 AI-19, and 2. like the fit? 3. What model number? 4. Is it the best choice for a cab floor liner?
Thanks!
(Understand that it is now 2022 and the last post on this thread was Nov 2020, but on the same subject.)
Were you able to determine which model Weathertech floor mats for your Interstate? I am trying to figure out the same for our AI 2021 4X4 24 GL.
DandTnAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:43 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Yes, Weather Tech told me. I haven’t purchased yet. If I remember correctly the trick is removing the carpet. I’ll find my notes and post again. Might be tomorrow, away right now.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:38 AM   #10

As I noted above a while back, we have the WeatherTech mat for our 2016 AI GL. It's a one-piece affair, works well enough. First thing I did after putting it down was to accidentally spill some coffee on the floor, and it did the job containing the spill so I could quickly and easily clean up the spill. We noticed that after a while the mat started looking dirty all the time, especially on the driver's side, even after washing it off. We fixed that by using some Dawn spray-on de-greaser (not the dish detergent) that we had picked up at a big-box home supply store. We used that and a scrub brush and rinsed it off, and it cleaned up as good as the day we bought it. Our theory is that over time, at least on the driver's side, the diesel stains one inevitably steps in at some fuel stations built up on the mat, which may be why the de-greaser had such a big impact on removing the dirt.

Old 05-12-2023, 05:42 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

I got to the notes. The WeatherTech models vary depending on what kind of Sprinter you have. I have a 2021 AI-19 (Sprinter is 2020 base year). I had to use the VIN # to confirm that mine started off as a "Cargo". I was then able to use the WeatherTech site, answer the questions, and determine the model for my van. My model appears to be, 4415221-442492. I have yet to order so I cannot say how they fit. I did read a customer review which stated there was a bulge up in the center that caused a minor trip hazard. I see Rocinante offered a good post and I am adding that info to my notes. I believe but would double check WeatherTech has a good return policy if the fit is not right for some reason. The front carpet has to be removed to use the WeatherTech mat. Thanks for posting! I needed a reminder to do get this done
Old 05-12-2023, 10:18 PM   #12

Thanks for the kind words. We did not have to remove the front carpet to use the Weathertech mat in our 2016 unit.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:27 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Thanks for the kind words. We did not have to remove the front carpet to use the Weathertech mat in our 2016 unit.
Not removing the carpet will be a plus. (Maybe a manufacturer safety note?)

I looked at the return policy for WeatherTech and customer pays shipping. I started to check Amazon and found only the front mat so far. Not sure if I need the aisle.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:09 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Caravel
2022 Interstate 24GT
Ventura , California
We have Weather Tech floor mats for the same area. If you call them and provide your VIN# they will look up and tell you what model/part number to order. It was very easy and the mat works perfectly! We didn’t order the center piece after reading some comments about tripping over them when moving from drivers seat to house portion of coach.
Gerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:19 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Caravel
2022 Interstate 24GT
Ventura , California
We placed directly over the carpet that comes w the van and it fits like a glove although WeatherTech has warnings on the box to remove any other floor mats. So check and decide which feels right for you.
Gerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:20 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Inhabit Floor Mats

Thanks for posting about this as it reminded me how much I dislike the WeatherTech mats and I might just be the outlier opinion. There is a bulge gap in between the front and middle mat that you just can’t undo. I’ve tried everything with no luck and it’s actually a trip hazard. We didn’t keep the original Airstream mats underneath either. I’ve thought about cutting the middle mat down but overall I don’t like them so I didn’t even try. I’ve been looking at the Inhabit floor mats for a while now and actually pulled the trigger on those this evening thanks to your post. Overall a better look IMO and can be hosed down or power washed just like the WeatherTech mats. A bit pricey but better quality overall. I’ll follow up after I receive and install them.

Edit to add:

When we're in the Oregon area, we are going to stop by their shop to get our van measured up for custom mats for the coach area.

https://www.inhabitdesignworks.com/p...tandard-colors

Jarrod Tocci

Owl Vans
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4D6AEF78-EA19-4220-BF9F-1DA29F2AE000.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	431859  
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:32 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Salem , New Hampshire
2 month follow up.

Ok, so we’ve had these for a few months now and decided to follow up as I was installing the button snaps for the two side steps today. Highly recommend doing so as they will fall out if you don’t pay attention. We almost left one in VA and a nice campground employee signaled us to stop to pick it up.

Overall, I love these and glad that we pulled the trigger on them although they were a bit pricey. I don’t miss that annoying bulge that the WeatherTech’s had and these are easy to vacuum or just wipe down with a rag and some Windex. We haven’t gotten them dirty enough to require power washing just yet. Love that the lay flat and stay flat with no movement due to all the button connection points. The best feature though IMO is the fabric of the mat.

I just wanted to follow up and say that we’re “happy campers” (I know such a cliche) with these. Again, whenever we’re in the the Oregon area, we’ll stop by to get our coach area measured up to install it back there as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1750.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	434516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	492.6 KB
ID:	434517  

Old 09-19-2023, 08:18 AM   #18

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
quincy , Massachusetts
Love how those look. How was the snap install process? Considering doing this on our GL. Thanks!
mcote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:17 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Salem , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote13 View Post
Love how those look. How was the snap install process? Considering doing this on our GL. Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply but not hard at all. Below is the install video. We've had these for months now with no regrets so far.

https://youtu.be/KMLEmMndvA0
Old 10-26-2023, 11:34 AM   #20

Interstate GT Floor Mats

How are the driver side mats standing up to the inevitable tracking in of diesel fuel from those occasionally nasty filling stations? We have to degrease and scrub down our Weather Tech mat after every trip, even though we both really try not to step in that stuff on the ground around the pumps.