Old 09-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #1

2011 Avenue Coach
Portland , NA
Second Row Captains Chairs

Hi, everyone, new here! I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere on the internet, so I'm really hoping someone here might have some insight into this issue. We are in the process of purchasing a 2011 Airstream Avenue with the second row of captains chairs. We would really prefer to be able to remove these chairs to enable us to travel with pets and store more stuff. The dealer is adamant that the chairs are removable without a problem, but the owners' manual does not indicate that this would be the case. Has anyone removed these chairs themselves or heard of anyone that has? Does removal leave holes in the floor where the bolts were? I've read a few threads about the chairs being removable on the Interstate, but not sure how similar those may be to the Avenue.
Thank you SO MUCH for any information about this, it is appreciated. Looking forward to participating in this forum quite a bit in the future!
Chinchillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchillaz View Post
Hi, everyone, new here! I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere on the internet, so I'm really hoping someone here might have some insight into this issue. We are in the process of purchasing a 2011 Airstream Avenue with the second row of captains chairs. We would really prefer to be able to remove these chairs to enable us to travel with pets and store more stuff. The dealer is adamant that the chairs are removable without a problem, but the owners' manual does not indicate that this would be the case. Has anyone removed these chairs themselves or heard of anyone that has? Does removal leave holes in the floor where the bolts were? I've read a few threads about the chairs being removable on the Interstate, but not sure how similar those may be to the Avenue.

Thank you SO MUCH for any information about this, it is appreciated. Looking forward to participating in this forum quite a bit in the future!

Welcome to the forum the best place to get information about your interstate.
I removed both chairs in my 2013 non extended Interstate Lounge.
Yes you will have holes in the floor. 4 for each chair about 1” x 2”. The nuts a captured within the floor and can be removed. Little tricky but with a magnet and some wiggling you can get them out.
On mine the actual screw was about a 1/4” to long and the bottom threads are damaged what made it not easy to get the screw through the nut.
You can cover up the holes with either are carpet or use them to install a cabinet.
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Rye , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchillaz View Post

Since 2014, we owned and sold seven of the eight nine passenger lounges purchased. All identical black interior and exterior.

To answer your question, of course you will have holes :-)

Remove the seats it’s pretty straightforward… Two of our van buyers (2015, 2016) removed the second row seats and replace them with dog kennels… Reusing the floor holes as they bolted the kennels stationary. Both owners still have the unit, and I really happy with the set up of dog kennels just behind the front row seats.

Good luck!
Rye, NH / Bend, OR / Las Cruces, NM
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote