Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Dead CCC2 Thermostat

I have a 2016 GT Ext with the extra wardrobe cabinet (the CCC2 is attached to the outside wall of the wardrobe). I went to turn the heat on and the thermostat briefly powered up then went blank. Has been dead since. I re-terminated the control cable in case it got trashed from loading too many clothes in the wardrobe but that did not fix the problem. It is possible that the connector to the back of the TS got damaged but can't confirm that.

This is the second time this TS has been replaced. The dealer replaced when I purchased in 2018. They may have also replaced the control box but can't confirm since I do not have the paper work. Anyway, a new one is about $100 but before I pull the trigger on this, I am wondering if others have experienced this problem.
swilly43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:37 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Auburn , Georgia
There is a 5 amp inline fuse that supplies power to the tstat. It is behind a panel next to the furnace. You will have to remove your table top from the stowed posistion on the wall to get access.
The fuse on mine blew when the heat was trying to start. I looked and found the fuse on wiring diagram but couldn't see a way to access it. I never use the table top so I didn't remember the panel being behind there. Someone ? On this forum reminded me of the panel.
GETRIDAONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Good to know about the fuse. Anybody know where it is located on a 2013 Lounge EXT? My wiring diagram shows it being in the furnace itself, but your info. seems to suggest otherwise. I didn't see it when I removed the snap-on cover on the front of the furnace, and did not dig any deeper than that.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Here is a picture of the fuse located behind the access panel that is hidden by the stowed table top. Unfortunately, the fuse was not the problem. I am ordering a replacement CCC2 today and will report after I have a chance to install and test. Thanks for the replies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	furnace fuse.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	360759
Old 02-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
On to the control box?

My new CCC2 thermostat arrived but it did not fix the issue. I needed a new one anyway since I destroyed the old one during disassembly, my bad. I confirmed that I have no signals at the RJ jack. Anyway I now suspect the control box but do not know where it is located. The Dometic website is not helpful, nor were they responsive when I contacted them. Has anyone replace this module and can guide me on how to access this? I suspect that I will have to get on the roof and remove the cover to the A/C. Any guidance on how to T/S this?

Thanks for help
Old 02-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
If it is blank, I would check to confirm that I have +12 and ground on the two outer pins on the telephone cable. That's what powers the thermostat.

You can remove the filter from the AC and see the upper termination of the telephone cable. That could have come undone.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Thank you, I will add this to my T/S checklist. The coach is not available for a couple of weeks so this will have to wait.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Bad Cable

After a bunch of troubleshooting the issue was a bad communications cable. I tried re terminating both ends but this still did not fix the issue. I could not easily remove the entire cable so I added a new one that I fabricated. Oddly, the terminations on the one I made were good, so I can only conclude that there is a break somewhere along the old cable buried in the wire loom. I cut off both ends as far back as I could and left the rest.