Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22 Rear Door
Hampstead , North Carolina
Moving City Water Inlet away from Sewer Pipe

Our 1975 Argosy has a rear bath. I have totally removed the bathroom fixtures, cabinets and closet. I figured while I had it all out I would reconfigure everything so it is easy to get to for repairs and easy to see if there are leaks. I think Airstream designed these so that you had to take it to the Airstream service place. Not easy to get to anything without taking the whole camper apart! The inlet and the valves are all under and behind the closet in the bathroom. So hard to get to and a hiding place for leaks. Plus the clean water inlet is below, yes BELOW, the sewer discharge hole. Yuck!! I am going to use the bathroom closet for electric and the galley closet for plumbing.I will only lose the bottom of each closet so that is ok.

I am going to move the city water inlet to the next closet over in the galley and put a new (electric 120 v.) hot water heater in there. The furnace used to be in that closet but I removed it and all of it's ductwork. I am going to use the hole that was left from the furnace vent to house the new city water inlet box. I am going to run pex lines from that closet to the kitchen sink, and then to the bathroom which is even closer. I will add the line from the water tank to the new setup after I have gutted and fixed the front where the gaucho is. (The pump is there also) That is a project for another time. For now, I will just use city water.

This seems so much simpler. Has anyone else relocated their plumbing or modified it to make it more convenient to fix and access?
VintageFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I have a '74 Argosy 26' with a rear bath.
I removed the closet entirely from the bath. Installed a vanity in the space and relocated the bath sink to that vanity.
All FW plumbing has been upgraded to PEX. All valves having to do with water heater bypass, city and house water are located in the bath under the vanity. Very easy access.
If you are interested in pics send me a PM with your email address.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote