Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
I Knew it...

Hi ALL....
Hope U R ALL keepin fine...( U best B )....
....Jus a quick line or 3...Bad day Y / Day...abt 300 yards from My home, a guy decided NOT to STOP & GIVE way 2 Me...Naturaly I swerved 2 MISS him, ( As one DOES )...he decided 2 counter swerve the other way...WRONG, his front centre hit the corner of My front wing....& OUCH...YES it smarts His car is totaled....all the front smashed right up 2 the Engine...it is abt 12 yrs old, so past it's crashability strength, ( NO disrespect 2 OLDER vehicles meant in ANY way whatsoever )...BUT being a FORD, made 4 the UK...say NO-MORE....
I hope 2 put on pics of My car later, it DON'T look 2 bad...at FIRST...but it WILL need a new front end, + there IS always the HIDDEN damage that appears after stripdown...SO I hope the insurance WILL cough up...I DO NOT want 2 LOSE My car, as it IS quite RARE, being a GHIA top spec:, Now I KN it's ONLY a piece of METAL after all, NO-one was hurt & all that Jazz....but 2 get another one the SAME...well let's say it's as likely as HENS growing teeth...LOL...I want it repaired, but if the Insurance Guy says NO...well I want a GOOD price 4 it, Luckily I R FULLY insured, I get a loan car...also I banged My hand on the dashboard, & the little LCD display on My radio broke...I'm wonderin if that will B covered by the insurance...Mmmm...
The Police came, & checked out all our papers, Luckily WE BOTH legal...& I jus got a full years MOT on My car only abt a month ago...
It realy knocks U bk a bit...But not 2 worry..All will get sorted...it's jus WHEN...Well I gotta start makin phone calls, then go 2 the Doc's 4 a check-up...Realy do without it...2 say I'm a little upset is an understatement...I'm mad as a bald monkey...I don't need the AGGRO then agn, WHO DOES Grrrr
I'll put the pics on later, when I calmed down, & stopped shakin...
My D/W IS realy MAD...if WE lose the car...we LOSE all our DISNEY stickers....WE R plannin 2 visit FL: in Nov: '05, so we CAN replace them...What a shame...D/W's proud of those decals....GRRRRrrrrrr.......
Catch U later...Whatever U do 2day, DO it SAFELY...Chris.....
Old 05-13-2004, 03:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Hey~

Sorry to hear about your accident..
At least you are okay~!
ciao
53FC aka T7
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thank's Vern...

Hi Vern...
Hope U doin better than I R...LOL, got a Mother of headaches now, So gotta go bk 'an C the Doctor in a few hours time, sounds like whiplash....I've taken a few pain killers...but they won't shift it...
The insurance people have arranged 4 Me 2 have My car taken away 2 B assesed... & are bringing a hire vehicle 4 Me...
My Mate over the fence, who's Father-in-law Repairs cars...says it don't look 2 Bad....but on closer inspection under the bonnet, the Drive shaft & suppension R out of line..... so I hope it don't mean I lose her, still there R a lot of cars out there, but SADLY not the same as Ours, kinda strange, it's almost as if it's ONE of the Family....
Our LISA was in tears last night...She LOVES her " POP'S " Car, she named Her "" OLLIE "", as the colour is dark green, She too has used gallons of - Elbow Grease - washing it...
However...things will B sorted, I'll keep U posted...& I've taken some pics...& D/D will will put them on later....Meantime take CARE...Chris.....
Old 05-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
So sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you turn out to be not too badly injured. Take care of yourself!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Angry Re OOps...

Hi Edie...
Very NICE 2 hear frm U, fanx 4 the kind words & thoughts....Hope U R well, & Brett 2....
I Jus got bk from the Doc's...He say's I HAVE 2 have a BRAIN 2 damage in the first place...LOL....Cupid-Quack...Hee hee...
Well very sad at the moment, My Loan car has jus arrived, & taken My " Ollie " away.....I have 2 fone the garage 2morrow afternoon 2 find out if it repair or loss...The Guy says it looks like a loss, due 2 the movement of parts in the engine bay & underneath...I pretty upset now, My D/W is pullin her hair out...
My last car was with us 7 1/2 years...I tend 2 look after them...& I've Jus got it how I want it...always the case tho I guess, But at the end of the day, it IS only a piece of metal, NO-ONE was hurt...only our feelings...Oh yea...I only changed the OIL 'n FILTER on SUNDAY...LOL. ...Chris.....
Old 05-13-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Acworth , Georgia
I hate to read stuff like this...glad no one was injured.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:48 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Hi Edie...
Very NICE 2 hear frm U, fanx 4 the kind words & thoughts....Hope U R well, & Brett 2....
I Jus got bk from the Doc's...He say's I HAVE 2 have a BRAIN 2 damage in the first place...LOL....Cupid-Quack...Hee hee...
Well very sad at the moment, My Loan car has jus arrived, & taken My " Ollie " away.....I have 2 fone the garage 2morrow afternoon 2 find out if it repair or loss...The Guy says it looks like a loss, due 2 the movement of parts in the engine bay & underneath...I pretty upset now, My D/W is pullin her hair out...
My last car was with us 7 1/2 years...I tend 2 look after them...& I've Jus got it how I want it...always the case tho I guess, But at the end of the day, it IS only a piece of metal, NO-ONE was hurt...only our feelings...Oh yea...I only changed the OIL 'n FILTER on SUNDAY...LOL. ...Chris.....
Chris, after all that time, they seem like a family member, it's almost like losing one when you have to get another.
I have a broken light on the fender of my truck, I don't fix it because then something else would happen to it...Hope you don't wind up with any permanent health issues because of this, and remember next time to zig instead of zag.
Terry
Old 05-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Rubbish...

Hi ALL...
Many, Many thanks 2 U ALL, who expressed Yr views on My bad luck, U kn some things in live R jus here 2 test US...& Bou 'o Boy,,,DO THEY...Grrr...
The Loan car I got IS very nice...a Newer version of MINE...But it jus NOT the same...it's rather TINNY, NOISEY...a LOT faster....& the inside is all kinda false, plasticy...the seat is lumpy, very uncomfortable indeed, I'm glad I don't have 2 put the miles behind Me, like U Guys do bk there over-the-pond...It'll B bk in2 the HIRE yard as fast as U can say FLORIDA...Guess I need a Vacation sooner than '05...
Still gotta sore head tho...I think I may go bk & C another Quack...as MIne don't kn his ass-fron-his-elbow...Excuse My sayin...I was wondering if I were deformed or something, when he started checkin Me over...OK Guys....Who else has got 3 ARMS...he says ROLL-UP-YR-SLEEVES...I did, then he says the OTHER ONE....SORRY DOC...I jus like U...I ONLY GOT T W O ...( Or does He kn something I DON'T KN...or what...kinda scarey here Guys....Who IS this DOC...Doctor WHO ! ! ! ....)
Well Gotta go 4 now...Read U later...AGN...FANX 4 Yr kind readings, & Terry....DON'T fix IT...U could B on2 something there...LOL...Chris.....
Old 05-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thumbs up Settled...-ish ! ! ! ...

Hello Everyone...
What a day, Oh ! what a day....My Insurance co: rang Me 2day, & made an offer on our car...£2000...well as it was only worth abt £2350....I have accepted it...Grrr..., I jus hope I R able 2 replace with the exact model...Good news is, there IS one out there with My name on it...I jus have 2B pointed in the right direction....
The Vehicle examiner stated that 'cos My car WAS in VGC...it warrented the MAX pay out premium...So our " OLLIE " is off 2 b crushed...Gosh it sounds so awful, like losin a family member, so final...I was unable 2 make a bid 2 re buy Her, as it could end up bk on the roads...& that would be a bad thing...due 2 the amount of HIDDEN damage...It shocked Me 2...lookin at the pics, it don't seem 2 bad at all....but the engine was out of line, & all the steering had moved...throwing the geometry out...thus as stated by law of Insurers..."" Beyond economical Repair ""....
So We start our quest all over agn...I've seen a few...But I DON'T want another GREEN one...our family have bn unlucky with GREEN...
Thought Iy'd jus let U kn...2 top it all the Garage who did the inspection, called 2day & took away the LOAN car....which I was promised that I could use until the money order was in the bank...." Who LIED 2....So My insurance Co: have another one coming 4 Me 2morrow...Jus HOW do I get 2 work at 6 am in the morning....??????...It's a GOOD job I got LEGS...LOL, NO I usin My D/Ds flintstone care.....Her GOLFIN car...( It has a hole in it )...BLESS HER !!!....
Must go & Do the TEA now...YUM YUM...Take care, GOD BLESS...Read U all ltr, ...Chris.....
Old 05-29-2004, 02:04 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Donkey's Tentacles....

Hi ALL....
...Mmmm........I think NOT....The Guy who crashed into ME, says he is goin 2 SUE Me 4 his injuries....I THINK N N O O T T ..........
What a load of Donkey's Tentacles....LOL, the point R.
1) He failed 2 STOP at a give way.
2) He WAS usin his MOBILE FONE... ( ILLEGAL in the UK ).
3) Only jus PASSED the Drink breath test...
4) Former CONVICTION 4 FRAUD...
5) Speeding....
6) His injuries...???
One has only 2 legs 2 stand on...I think this Guy HAS NONE, Now with him being only 3rd party fire & theft cover...He HAS lost it ALL...so is tryin 2 make a HIT on Me...
But My Insurance Co: say I R fully insured with LEGAL COVER....& as U Guys kn, these LEAGLE-BEAGLES....KN their stuff....so I have bn reasured that I R on2 a winner ...Let's jus hope I am...
Well I seen 11 cars I fancy, all abt the same...but sadly NOT on my doorstep, I kn U guys will travel K's of miles jus 2 L@@K at an A/s....WOULD U DO the same 4 a change of Vehicle...I've seen a nice one at 60 miles away....worth takin a look, The POST has jus got here, I got a letter from my ins; SOLICITOR...He says He IS takin up MY case 4 ME...SO with that soundind GOOD, I'll let U all get on with Yr DAY, & HAVE a WONDERFUL ONE...
Take care now...Chris.....
Old 05-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
If he goes through with it and sues you, you may countersue him for whatever your attorney may deem eligible, plus attorney's fees. Just threatening to do so may shut him up, not wanting to risk losing and paying out $$$. Also, don't be surprised if, even if you know you would win, your ins. co. tells you to settle out of court...it costs less than fighting him in court. I've seen this happen many times. Good luck and i hope that you don't have to deal with any of that. BTW, do you really want another Ford?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
It's ALL I kn...

Hi Astrodokk...
Well U kn, I'm L@@KIN around, & 2B honest, it's the only type of car I kn how 2 fix, hence FORD is short for....Fix On Road Daily...I dont have a great deal of major problems, naturaly I don't drive the amount of miles U guys do, My eldest D/D is onto Her 6th one , I jus lost My 4th Fiesta, only had Her abt 11 months... 'Course ALL the older cars have gone now, all the practible ones at least, they R ALL technical now, U DO need ROCKET SCIENCE 2 get the door open...costs megga £££'s jus 2 get the Guy 2 open the Bonnet, B4 he plugs it into the tuner, my D/Ds went down, the computer picked up a fault in the relay dept:, cost her £ 65 to fix, all 4 20 mins work....I was NUTZ, I have a bag of those things...BUT...how do U tell which one is OUT...LOL...
I got a NISSAN at the moment, loan car...it almost makes wanna...U don't realy wanna kn...BUT, U Kn...SECOND class drivin IS bttr than FIRST class W A L K I N ...but it gets Me 2 work 'n about...
As 4 the sue-in bit...I don't think I have any worries there at all, he got too much against him 4 a start...the police R gonna have him in court 4 a few things, the luck abt it is that the day after he crashed in2 Me...his insurance expired...WOW am I the (un)LUCKY one....
Thank U 4 Yr advice, taken on board, although our laws R different 2 Yrs, I still listen..'cos there aint no harm in LEARNIN....I used 2 think GREY water was...well GRAY....lol & yes once upon a time I thought, if U DILUTED it,.... it...well never mind....Take Care now...Chris.....
Old 06-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
hence FORD is short for....Fix On Road Daily
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily

OR

First On Race Day
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #14
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie G
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily

OR

First On Race Day
Flip Over Read Directions
Found On Russian Dump
Spelled backwards:
Driver Returned On Foot
Terry
Old 06-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Argosy20....

Hi ALL....
....Say U guys kn how 2 CHEER up a LIMEY...LOL....U guys make me laugh so much I gone spilled My APPLE JUICE...I think I jus favour the Found On Russian Dump...The Backwards one is Very good....I Jus waitin 4 My insurance money 2 come thro, then OFF I go agn...I got 8 cars lined up already, naturaly they ALL sold & whatever...so I keep on dreamin 4 now....2B honest it's a nightmare...LOL
Not 2 worry...I'll soon B back 2 NORMAL...Hang on a mo...I'm FROM England...DO we HAVE any NORMAL people living here ????...Sounds like an invention 2 Me...LOL...Chris.....
Old 06-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Back on the road agn...

Hi All........
...Well I finaly got us another CAR yesterday, I traveled abt 35 miles jus 2 look at it, very nice too...it's the same as My last one, except 4 the Ghia...this is slightly a downer...but not 2 worry, it IS a ONE owner from new, a 1996 model, only done 30,521 miles....from NEW, I have ALL documents, old mot's, ect:...A truely delightful little motor car...& the funny thing is...it IS EXACTLY the SAME as My D/Ds...same in EVERY respect...apart that mine IS 1 yeas newer, & a third of the miles of hers. We got some strange looks on our way home, TWO cars alike....TWINS...the colour is a light purple, plum kinda Colour...D/D has named hers Victoria...& Lisa named mine Victor....Darn stupid, I jus call it CAR ( WORSE if it breaks down )...LOL, it cost me £1900. The elderly Gent who was selling it was askin £1995....I pulled out the CASH...& after puttin his EYES bk in2 place, we struck the deal, the Current mot runs out end if August, but He got a fresh full Year put on, even taxed it for 6 months, & I took him bk 2 the car parts shop,2 exchange the 3 month old battery, which had NOT held it's charge, 4 some reason or other, the shop guy gave us a HEAVY duty one in place of the straight exchange, ( Realy pleased with that )....1/2 tank of gas, ( 4.5 gal (uk) )....
I'll ask one of My Girlies 2 do the Foto's 4 Me....$ those of U who can't imagine SUCH a DREADFUL COLOR, it IS very like the color of the purple smiley ICON below the yellow triangle when U write a message...( post icons )
I R still waitin 2 c abt My claim...gonna B a L O N G winded affair.....But at least I R alive 2 tell the tale....& bk on the road....
All take care now, God Bless...Chris.....
Old 06-20-2004, 03:07 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Great news~~

Aah, Victor? or is it...ViceRoy~? lmao
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 06-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
VICTOR ( 4 victory ).

Hi Vern...
How U doin bk there in the woods...LOL...'fraid it's Victor....Mark says it should b " Percy Purple " or vice versa...I got a fone call this mornin, from the seller of the car, some guy wants 2 BUY it off of ME....an was wonderin IF I were gonna sell it on....NO-WAY....Not on Yr Aunties Nelly...It's very good indeed...( SO FAR )....
Had 2 drop abt 2 pints of OIL, & 1 pint of water from her though...slightly OVER filled on the liquids...took the hand brake up a couple of notches, pollished Him all over...then it poured down, took out ALL the door seals, thouroughly cleaned 'em up, & drain holes too....plenty of clean water used there...LOL, but in the long run, well worth it...the Underside is absolutely MINT....NO underseal cracked at all....sayin that He is 8 yrs old...& IN Britain...our harsh climates don't look after our vehicles as well as Cali: does....they DON'T build 'em 2 last over here 4 too long....only 30,540 miles from NEW...Vern, I kn U guys do that in a month...LOL....sayin that...I kn Yr GALLON is SMALLER than ours...what abt Yr MILE...is that the SAME as ours,?
R U goin out on the road with Yr A/s, is so, where U Goin / bn...
Give our reguards 2 Nathan....OK...Take care now...Chris.....
Old 06-20-2004, 01:47 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Whew..

Quote:
Hi Vern...
How U Dion bk there in the woods...LOL...'fraid it's Victor....Mark says it should b " Percy Purple " or vice versa...I got a fone call this mornin, from the seller of the car, some guy wants 2 BUY it off of ME....an was wonderin IF I were gonna sell it on....NO-WAY....Not on Yr Aunties Nelly...It's very good indeed...( SO FAR )....
Had 2 drop abt 2 pints of OIL, & 1 pint of water from her though...slightly OVER filled on the liquids...took the hand brake up a couple of notches, pollished Him all over...then it poured down, took out ALL the door seals, thouroughly cleaned 'em up, & drain holes too....plenty of clean water used there...LOL, but in the long run, well worth it...the Underside is absolutely MINT....NO underseal cracked at all....sayin that He is 8 yrs old...& IN Britain...our harsh climates don't look after our vehicles as well as Cali: does....they DON'T build 'em 2 last over here 4 too long....only 30,540 miles from NEW...Vern, I kn U guys do that in a month...LOL....sayin that...I kn Yr GALLON is SMALLER than ours...what abt Yr MILE...is that the SAME as ours,?
R U goin out on the road with Yr A/s, is so, where U Goin / bn...
Give our reguards 2 Nathan....OK...Take care now...Chris.....
Chris.
You sure know how to find a great bargain~
After all the slight detours you've been given I'm pleased, for you, that the tide of fortune has finally turned your way~!!
Miles to go, before I rest my wearied head..
(Sounds almost like a song...lmao)
Well yes, I'll be back to our place in Va., at least once more while the family is off to Africa..I was brought up with the ocean in my backyard`!
If you're real sharp, you might catch up with them when they go thru London, on their return trip..(Sometime in August?)
I must have told you (?) that, I bought another Airstream..So, now I have two of them..lol, I must be nuts~! (In this circle, that's the norm)
Just been working on it every chance I get..It's where you're staying the next time you, and the D/W&D trip over the pond..
I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes to pick up some new curtain hangers (about a 100), and a new shower curtain for the bathroom.
What do you think of "Palm Trees" as a design? Just watch out for the coconuts falling out of those trees~
Happy Father's Day and, we'll be reading again sooon..
Regards to the family for us..
ciao
T7 aka 53FC
Remember, you run out of em first..lol
Again, it's nice to hear that you've gotten your car situation under control.
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 06-21-2004, 11:53 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi Vern....

...Say Vern, U 'ole Sea Dog U.....What U wanna BUY another A/S for ??? LOL, aint U got ENOUGH pain with the one U already have...LMAO...x 10...sigh !
I may have caught a glance of U mention Yr NEW A/S, good luck with Her/Him/IT...LOL...But We had so much goin on over this side of the pond, with My Mum being poorly, Mark gettin run over, my accident, re-car huntin..lots of overtime at work...U kn how it is sometimes, the things U like 2 do, sadly kinda get neglected....but as u rightly say Vern, our luck IS slowly on the way up....Fingers crossed...LOL...
Did I mention our BOSTON trip is OFF 4 nxt April...WE'RE goin ta FLORIDAH, I guess I jus said I aint goin 'cos it WAS TOOOOOOOOOO darn COLD, Bet it was even to cold 4 Jack Frost....lol, So I said I wanna do Fla: agn 21 nights....funny how it did'nt take much 2 get the " Kiddies " on 'ole POPPAS side...Hee, Hee, Hee...So We goin bk in Nov/Dec '05, Don't get Me wrong here BOSTON is a wonderful place, & YES I / we SHALL return...one day.
The Guys were puttin palm trees on the verge of 192, as we were leavin on our last tril outta FL:...L@@KED real cool, + it had changed so much, from '00 to '02...so these last few yrs would seem like a NEW place 2 us...LOL, as U kn we bn 5 times already...I guess U'll soon have as many A/Ss in Yr yard by then...LOL....
Well I gotta walk the 'old pup, & it's LISA's B/Day on wed, ( 28 shhh )! & STILL as cute as ever, Well very NICE 2 read U agn...STAY SAFE....
Hope Yr D/W have a great trip / time out....God bless U all...Chris.....