Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #141
Rivet Master

PB, thanks for the checklist...and all lots I am considering are safe, and yes to others.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #142
2 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Somewhere , Texas
Well, Evelyn, I have read all of your recent posts and boy have you had some interesting things happen. I am hopeful that you have the same results that I have always had when having difficult times and wondering, why me. There is always a reason and it will become clear. I think about Goliath being protected in an rv enclosure, and the first big hail storm, he will be safe. I don’t know what to say about that person who is complaining about your parking your rv at your home, but can only pray for him as he must be a very unhappy, jealous person. We all have things that have happened that could bend us toward anger and hurt if we let it. It seems he is willing to let it, not me, I am going to look for good in everything I encounter. I know just from reading your thoughts and messages, you are not one to get down in the dumps and look on the bright side. Still trying to figure out the motive of those punks who shot out your windows. Sadly, there are too many of them out there who do not have the proper family support and they have taken the wrong turn. I hope they get help before they do something that really hurts someone.

I have been off the radar for some time. Dropped my computer and had to leave it for major repair. Getting a MAC fixed is not something you can do just anywhere. In the meantime, I went with my friend from home, she flew out this way for a camping experience. We were able to go way back on a ranch of someone who knows her family. It was some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. We kept a generator running a lot for power and keeping the batteries charged. Total solitude. Wonderful fishing, hiking, stream wading and sight-seeing. Lots of down time, reading etc. I guess that is the camping life at its best. I left Boomer parked on the spot, came into town to get my computer, restock, etc and am staying the night here in a motel, got to get Vinny washed as well, he is one dirty boy. Gave me a chance to send messages and read of your “adventure”. Sounds like you have it all under control and I am wishing you the best.
Until next time, Ashley.
VinnyBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #143
Rivet Master

Ashley, I am so glad you posted. I have been wondering how you are doing. I'm happy for you that you are getting in some good camping experiences.

Did you catch any fish? What kind?

As for me, I fought "being told what to do", but once I realized it was a fight I could not win, I reluctantly, let it go. I absolutely HATE being dictated to....especially when it makes no sense. The fact that some jerk made a complaint that caused the response of the HOA, really got my Irish Up!

The worse was the drive by shooting! Glad I have good insurance, so I only have to pay $250. Of the $1610.

There simply is no rational for some of the crap that happens, and once dealt with, all we can do is let it go. I have never been one to get down in the dumps. I bounce back pretty well. Can't keep a good woman down.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #144
Rivet Master

Angry Goliath after the BB SHOT!

Wishing HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all you MOMS out there!

I should get a call next week to take Goliath in for repairs. I will be so glad to have it back in good condition. I will try to post a couple photos...not sure how...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	262089  
Old 05-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #145
Rivet Master

Angry Goliath...after the BB SHOT!

Well, I posted the BB shot...upside down. I'll try for another of the full pic of Goliath, also with damaged middle window....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	262090  
Old 05-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #146
Rivet Master

Can someone tell me how to turn this right side up?
Old 05-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You can't.

Use the edit function in your photo app to reduce the original picture in size, and repost.

Works for me every time.

Maggie
Old 05-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #148
Rivet Master

I gave up on trying to reorient pics.

Yesterday was a nice day. Deb and I celebrated Mother's Day, and we have flowers all over the house. Deb bought me the most beautiful rose bush...called "legend". The roses on it are bigger than a bread plate, and the lady at the nursery told her they will be even larger than salad plate in maturity. The fragrance is similar to my favorite perfume, JOY. So lovely.

She also gave me two hanging baskets of large and small petunias, with other flowers mixed in. She could not resist and got two for herself. Then, her two adult kids, Matt & Nicole, came over...each bringing a lovely flower bouquet of roses mixed with others, and presented one to each of us.

I cooked chicken breasts with mushrooms and sauce, and a veggie side dish...Deb made mash potatoes, and topped it off with a luscious strawberry cheesecake from Costco...(love their baked goods). We made extra, so no cooking required for this evening's dinner. (Deb has to work today). I give myself permission to just 'do nothing' today!
Old 05-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #149
Rivet Master

Oh, a cute little story..... At Costco's early yesterday....I rounded a corner of an aisle, a young couple were standing by a display of ammo boxes. I asked him to please hand one to me. He asked, "a gift for your husband for Father's Day?" I said, "no, it's for me." He says, No Way! I said, "yep, Nana goes packing"! They both "cracked up laughing", and he said ...."all right! Pistol packin' Mamma!" Later, at checkout lane, they were 2 lanes over...and he noticed me and shouted out," there's the pistol packing Nana!" Of course, everyone looked my way...I must have had a red face! I still smiled back.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #150
Rivet Master

Service manager at M-B called yesterday...the parts are in, so we'll take Goliath in for repair Wednesday and, if all goes well, pick it up Saturday. I hope the "owies" are fixed with no problem!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #151
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
So hard to have damage to a brand new rig.

Protagonist had his broken into and burgled the first night, I think, tho he lives in New Orleans.

Maggie
Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #152
Rivet Master

Yes, we all dread that first little rock ding on the windshield or the first scratch....but, this vandalism is a bit much. I literally felt sick when I first saw it.
Not much we can do but to get repairs done and shell out the $$$, and keep moving forward. Can't cry over spilt milk. It does no good.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #153
Rivet Master

Goliath is in good hands...at the Mercedez-Benz dealership. After picking it up on Saturday, I (hope to have) a secure storage lot to take him to...talked to owner this morning, and he is working on it for me...keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #154
Rivet Master

Things are finally coming together in a positive manner!
Received calls this morning:
M-B called, "Goliath" is fully repaired. I pick it up on Saturday. They are giving me a 10% discount, so that will help with 1/2 the deductible.
Owner called from storage lot, and he has a space for me, emailed me the form to fill out, and I sent them back, so, I'll take the interstate in Saturday to store...in a nice and secure place. They have concrete pads, free dump station, etc. they also have spaces for electric hookup for winter...more expensive, but, I may need to get one to keep a charge on the batteries.

All is good....drama is coming to an end. Now, I can concentrate on upcoming trips. Yeah!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Glad to hear that, Evelyn.

Maggie
Old 05-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Picked up "Goliath" this morning, then took it to the storage lot and parked him, so it is safe and sound. He is back to his very gorgeous self. You would not guess what he went through! Mercedez-Benz of Littleton Colorado did an excellent job. I am very pleased. I will plan on bringing it back home periodically, to pack things in, but, not for more than a couple days at a time.

I will go back and take it to a wt station, then back to storage.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:10 AM   #157
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Sorry for what you have been through! Well done on the new setup. Lesser mortals might have caved.

A reminder to update your homeowner and auto insurance to cover all the changes. With a new valuable RV, some policy limits may need to be increased, or perhaps a rider added to really protect you IMO. An umbrella of some kind also?

Now -- let The Summer Games Begin!

Cheers,

Peter

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #158
Rivet Master

Thanks for the tip Peter. When faced with adversity, I usually am more level headed. However, the frustration, coupled with my Irish anger, most definitely got in the way.
In any event, once I got control of my anger, I was able to problem solve...with rationality. LOL!

I have all of my insurance needs with Allstate...have had for many decades. They did a separate policy for the RV, (not included with autos). I am qualified for various discounts, which helps a lot. I also have a "gap policy" for 10 years through the dealership. That, of course, would only kick in with a "totaled accident" of some sort. Hope to never need that.

I just made reservations yesterday for a 5 day camping trip to Chatfield state park, (Colorado). My adult granddaughter will go with. She will sleep in a tent...we'll need to dig one out from old gear in basement.

Thus far....I have reservations for: 1. Ray's Greenhorn boondocking trip in western Colorado (1 week). 2. Chatfield SP (5 days). 3. Jackson Hole, Wy. KOA (3 days). 4. Ft. Stevens SP, Oregon (12 days). Need to plan more for this season!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Today, I went to RV storage lot to dump tanks before taking "Goliath" to get it weighed, (a requirement of DMV for registration). Black tank, then grey tanks dumped...with ease...at the touch of a button. All went well...till I pushed button to retract hose reel...NOTHING!

So, there I am ....with ~ 12 feet of hose, no workable reel...no one in site to ask for help. I called service guy in Ft Worth...he thinks a fuse may have blown...so we go inside to search for fuse box location...found it under ottoman ...one needs a flashlight, had one...so down on hands and knees to try to identify correct fuse...tiny print not easy to read. Found it! Fuse is blown. Thank goodness, my sales guy, Brant gave me a supply of extra fuses! Fuse changed...hose reeled in...all is well.

Moral of this tale...get a good varietal supply of fuses and keep them handy. Not a bad idea to ask for some before you leave your dealership. Can you imagine the situation, if you are out in the middle of nowhere at a dump station...hose extended and no auto reel! Not good! Oh, "Goliath" weighs a 'trim' 9460 lbs.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:04 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good job, Evelyn!

Maggie