Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
T. Preumont

Rosieres , Brabant Wallon
Looking for advice to rent an RV for vacation

Dear All, I'm an airstream lover from Belgium. In 2014 I've bought an 1975 Argosy 26 in Wyoming owned by a fantastic couple that took care of it as a precious jewel. I drove it with a friend all the way from Wyoming to Baltimore via st louis, missouri and Minneapolis with stop at Mount rushmore and in the Badlands. The roadtrip of a lifetime without any problem with a respectable 40 years old US legend. Then we put the Argosy on a boat to Belgium where it's now an attraction when driven on the road and a cosy hospitality in the warehouse it's parked the rest of the time. I wanted to share this experience of discovering the USA with an RV to my familly and we are about to realize this dream this year in August. As it will be the first time for our kids we have decided to go to california. As taking back my argosy to USA and then back to Europe for a 15 days trip is first an administrative nightmare then unaffordable I'm looking to rent an RV in the san francisco area from August 1 to August 15. For sure there's no Airstream motorhome in the Rv rental company listing, sadly. But before choosing the option of a traditional RV rental company, I thought it worth the shot of asking the airstream community if anyone would be interested by a sort of "airbnb" solution with its own RV, or maybe a "buy and sell" if professional dealer are interested. I've a company since 1994 in USA and a renown lawfirm that represent it, so any commercial transaction is possible and will be legally handeled. I'm not certain that this project of mine is not looking a little bit odd, but my purpose is to do it a different way and make a profit out of it for a real RV enthousiast instead of a RV rental company. The ideal scenario would be to find an airstream motorhome in working condition to take my family on this trip, but any other model will do it. If anyone is interested or have ideas for our little road trip project don't hesitate to send me a message. For those, my first reply will be my US lawyer contact information that will vouch for the seriousness of this project. Thank you and kind regards. Thierry
tpreumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Go Silver rents Airstreams in the Bay Area and would be the easiest option: http://www.letsgosilver.com
chicagoair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Airstream 2 Go may also be an option:

https://airstream2go.com/
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
There’s also one called Roam & Board, although I imagine the home furnishings company of a similar name isn’t too pleased.
-Rich

http://www.roamandboard.us
Rg416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg416 View Post
There’s also one called Roam & Board . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Airstream 2 Go may also be an option . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoair View Post
Go Silver rents Airstreams in the Bay Area . . .
I believe Thierry is looking for a motorized self-contained "RV" to drive, similar to his Argosy 26. Also, from his location in Belgium, the English terminology may be off a bit. He notes that the AS rental locations have only AS trailers, and that he is holding off on finding a traditional RV rental company.

Anyone in the Bay Area open to renting out an Airstream/Argosy-styled motorhome?

Thierry, you might consider putting in a Classified ad via the tab at the top.

Bonne chance!

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpreumont View Post
Dear All, I'm an airstream lover from Belgium. In 2014 I've bought an 1975 Argosy 26 in Wyoming owned by a fantastic couple that took care of it as a precious jewel. I drove it with a friend all the way from Wyoming to Baltimore via st louis, missouri and Minneapolis with stop at Mount rushmore and in the Badlands. The roadtrip of a lifetime without any problem with a respectable 40 years old US legend. Then we put the Argosy on a boat to Belgium where it's now an attraction when driven on the road and a cosy hospitality in the warehouse it's parked the rest of the time. I wanted to share this experience of discovering the USA with an RV to my familly and we are about to realize this dream this year in August. As it will be the first time for our kids we have decided to go to california. As taking back my argosy to USA and then back to Europe for a 15 days trip is first an administrative nightmare then unaffordable I'm looking to rent an RV in the san francisco area from August 1 to August 15. For sure there's no Airstream motorhome in the Rv rental company listing, sadly. But before choosing the option of a traditional RV rental company, I thought it worth the shot of asking the airstream community if anyone would be interested by a sort of "airbnb" solution with its own RV, or maybe a "buy and sell" if professional dealer are interested. I've a company since 1994 in USA and a renown lawfirm that represent it, so any commercial transaction is possible and will be legally handeled. I'm not certain that this project of mine is not looking a little bit odd, but my purpose is to do it a different way and make a profit out of it for a real RV enthousiast instead of a RV rental company. The ideal scenario would be to find an airstream motorhome in working condition to take my family on this trip, but any other model will do it. If anyone is interested or have ideas for our little road trip project don't hesitate to send me a message. For those, my first reply will be my US lawyer contact information that will vouch for the seriousness of this project. Thank you and kind regards. Thierry
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
tarzana , California
Are you only interested in motor home? I have a 25’ 2017 Flying Cloud that we might discuss some options. Frank@nordyke.com
frank nordyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Check out this post, you can always lease it out when now in the US and recoup your investment.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f313...ml#post2069977

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #8
T. Preumont

Thank you for all your message

Thank you very much for all the information you've send me. I'll look into it, it a great help.
Wish you all the best
Thierry
Old 03-03-2018, 06:34 AM   #9
T. Preumont

Thank you Peter, it is in deed a motorized mobile home I'm looking for but the option of an airstream trailer is also interesting. Thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistakes in english I try my best :-) Have a nice day et Merci encore. Thierry