Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs > dpandorf
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

1. Old Comment

Northwest Adventure 2008

New to the Airstream world...

And also to blogging. sigh. I know...I am slightly mortified. And I also cannot figure out how to light my pilot light. Since I just got a great deal on a fresh turkey, it would be nice to get it in the oven. A very nice man lit it for me when I arrived to the camping area. I left it on the pilot setting as he told me to. But now I noticed it is off.

I know I am starting this first entry backwards. Am I supposed to introduce myself? I am a nurse/writer who left all of her worldly goods in storage and headed to Virginia to work for a few weeks. Three boxes of books and no TV....and all is well. Except for this pilot light and this turkey. I've been here for two weeks and think this is just the greatest.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Angela
    Posted 11-28-2008 at 12:56 PM by
  2. Old Comment

Day 6 - August 13

Those are some beuatiful photos Duane! We look forward to more updates to your travel blog (especially the members can can't be on such an epic journey right now)!
  3. Old Comment

Day 1 - August 8

NW Trip

Thanks Andy, this is a very big experience for us. We're not accustomed to this type of travel and to be away from home for as long as we will be is a totally new adventure for us.
  4. Old Comment

Day 1 - August 8

Thanks for "blazing the trail" and showing everyone how blogging your travels here on AIR works!

We look forward to reading more about your trip as it continues!
  5. Old Comment

Northwest Adventure 2008

Msmst, we've stayed at Madison Campground several times, and agree that it's a nice site, good enough with those terrific bath areas to return to. Were you overlooking the river? We could nearly fish from our back window! Or at least the big swing set out on the overlook. Sounds like you had a good trip, and the one featured in this blog sounds like a trip to remember too. Looking forward to following the excitement! ~G
  6. Old Comment

Northwest Adventure 2008

Northwest trip

I just returned from Yellowstone, and live in Longview, just a few miles from Castle Rock. I had a great time in Yellowstone. I fished the Madison River just downstream from the landslide lake. I windsurfed in Hebgen lake. We stayed in Madison Campground, which was very nice. Hope you have a great trip. For the record, Schaffran road is one of my favorite places for a bike ride in this area.
  7. Old Comment

Northwest Adventure 2008

Man, that looks like a great trip and I know you'll be fishing in a few of those places. Don't forget to take in the Tetons south of Yellowstone, time permitting of course. Thirteen weeks will go by in a blur.

Enjoy your trip.
  8. Old Comment

Northwest Adventure 2008

Duane,

Thanks for testing out this new feature of the site. Your trip looks like it's going to be amazing. That's really cool the way you can share a link to the Google Map like that! You might have to show some of us how to make one of those.

I look forward to seeing your photos along the way. Maybe we can use your blog to showcase this new feature and the way people can keep a travel blog here on the forums.

Have a great trip!
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.