Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Monroe , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Well - for someone like me who has a very healthy respect for electricity and no skills; the other things the $300 in their labor buys are presumably:

1) some warranty of workmanship
2) peace of mind that I didn’t destroy the AC unit
3) not just the 20 minutes of their time, but the 3 hours of MY time I’d have spent otherwise trying to figure it out...I figure my time is worth $100/hr [emoji23]

I’ll play with lots of stuff to try it. Electrical stuff usually isn’t in that zone for me...

Good luck whatever you decide.
I installed an Easy Start on one of my two AC units. All good points made above. Another one to add is being on the roof to install. Not easy for 60+ year old and you have to be careful of foot placements to not damage the roof.
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
Simpsonville , South Carolina
Great job. OLE GUYS & GALS RULE. ��
sctinman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #43
Nod
2 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
1971 21' Globetrotter
Somewhere , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don McKelvay View Post
Correct, except the price for each EZ Start is $274 (down from $300) and, there is an installation kit that is another $9.89. Sounds like a really good idea especially as it may extend the life of the compressor. I plan to get one - but wish we had a second AC as it is still too warm in the bedroom of our 34 footer and would certainly then get a second EZ Start. As we have a Honda 2000 I am also going to get the generator bonding plug for $9.89.
Progressive Industries used to sell something similar but for unknown reasons no longer have them. May be a good idea to pre-order the EZ Start as I heard they ran out of them in Salem.

Where did you see the price at, I just looked and they are 299.
Nod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #44
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod View Post
Where did you see the price at, I just looked and they are 299.
Discount code AIRSTREAM (case sensitive)at checkout.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
Going to let JC do the Easy Start while they have our 30'. Should we put easy starts on both AC units or just one?
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #46
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
Going to let JC do the Easy Start while they have our 30'. Should we put easy starts on both AC units or just one?
I would.... and am having EZ Start installed on both of my AC's.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
2019 27' Globetrotter
Seacrest , Florida
EZ Start voids the warranty

Hi all,

I inquired about the EZ Start with my dealer. He said they can install the EZ start but that will void the warranty of the AC...I am now torn. I want to use my generator but perhaps not at the expense of the warranty? Thoughts? Should I take it somewhere else?
Erika_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Buy the East Start from MicroAir and they will warranty your A/C against damage caused by the device, although none have been reported here. If your dealer will install it for you, great
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
2019 27' Globetrotter
Seacrest , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
Buy the East Start from MicroAir and they will warranty your A/C against damage caused by the device, although none have been reported here. If your dealer will install it for you, great
Larry
Thanks Larry. I bought it and EZ Start is offering a “double down warranty” and $30 off. My dealer said it would take 1.5 -2 hours to install. They are charging me $230. Done!
Now where do I calculate what I can and cannot run with my Honda 2000? Can I run the AC and use all the plugs, microwave, etc? Will this be something I can find out by trial and error? I’m clueless. Let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this info.
Erika_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika_C View Post
Thanks Larry. I bought it and EZ Start is offering a “double down warranty” and $30 off. My dealer said it would take 1.5 -2 hours to install. They are charging me $230. Done!
Now where do I calculate what I can and cannot run with my Honda 2000? Can I run the AC and use all the plugs, microwave, etc? Will this be something I can find out by trial and error? I’m clueless. Let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this info.
I'm currently in the market for Easy Start and have been exchanging email with Nick and Kevin at Micro-Air and with the guys at Hutch Mountain. While I'm sure you can find your answers in multiple places in this forum, here's what they told me last week. I have both 13.5k and 15k AC units.

Without Easy Start: I can run my 2 eu2200i gasoline generators in parallel and run either AC unit.

With Easy Start (on both units): I can run either unit on a single gasoline generator or run both units on 2 gasoline generators in parallel.

According to Hutch Mountain: With Easy Start, I "should" be able to run both AC units on both generators (using propane), except maybe in extremely hot and humid environments. I should be able to run single AC unit on a single generator on propane. I say "should" because I am not 100% convinced, but the Hutch Mountain guys say their customers do this all the time.

As long as you're running gasoline in your generator and you're at or near sea level, you should have a bit of bandwidth remaining for other electrical devices. If you add your amps, I don't think you can run AC and microwave at the same time on a single 2000.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika_C View Post
Just do some arithmetic. Your Honda has a plate and came with a manual that tells you the rating in watts. Add up the watts for other items and do not exceed the generator rating. Portable appliances have the watts on a label, stuff in your trailer will have a rating in the manual for that device.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote