Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Orland Park , Illinois
Front and Rear Windows. "J" channel

We noticed this weekend that when opening the big front and rear windows that when the bar is placed in the first notch position (from the bottom) the windows remained closed, loose but closed. We are wondering if the J channel was put in wrong or if it is a common affliction.
OriginalMrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #2
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMrT View Post
We noticed this weekend that when opening the big front and rear windows that when the bar is placed in the first notch position (from the bottom) the windows remained closed, loose but closed. We are wondering if the J channel was put in wrong or if it is a common affliction.
I have this problem with the two big side windows across from the entry. But one is worse than the other. The one closest to the dinette never stays open on the lowest notch (it's like yours, loose but closed) but the one closer to the fridge does stay open on the lowest notch until there is a breeze, then it closes itself (and is hard to reopen with the latch stuck in the low notch!) Took it to the dealer and they said it just needed to be tightened. That didn't change anything. I just stopped using the lowest notches. I don't have a problem with the big front and back windows.

I'm not a fan of these windows. They seem easily damaged. I like normal sliding windows much better. Can't count the number of times I've had to close them in wind when I couldve easily left em open if they were normal windows.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Also they block the view for stargazin. Not a great design in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Orland Park , Illinois
Did your windows stay open when new? I just wonder how common the issue is.
OriginalMrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Nope. They stay open on the 2nd/3rd notches but not the 1st. This has been ever since I bought it and stayed that way after the dealer 'fixed' it.

Seein as one does it worse than the other and that you have the problem with the front and back ones but I don't, makes me think it is caused by error in installation.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Orland Park , Illinois
Sounds right, I was hoping for a larger poll but 2 for 2 is pretty solid.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
2017 25' Flying Cloud
Rosemount , Minnesota
We had a 2015 19' Flying Cloud and have recently traded it in on a 2017 25' Flying Cloud. Happy to report all of our windows did/do open on the lowest notch. I can see where a slight error in manufacture would cause the problem you folks are experiencing.
BoscoMN is offline   Reply With Quote