Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonny River , New Brunswick
What is the "rain channel" over windows and doors actually called?

I have searched this forum for: rain channel, j channel, u channel, rain trim, u trim, j trim, rain, channel, trim, and all these again only with "guard". Then I went thread by thread until I started to believe it was actually ok for my AS to have a leak due to a door missing this "unnamed trim" which I can't seem to find.....

ok, if you haven't guessed I have a door on my AS...this door leaks....I have determined the root cause for this leak is the lack of the appropriate "trim" well the root "root cause" is the fact that water falls from the sky but the lack of trim is the one I can control.

What I am hoping for is that someone knows the name of my nemesis.

.....hopefully there aren't a thousand posts on this and/or it isn't blatantly obvious and I'm just blind. ;-)
Rob&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Try Vintage Trailer Supply
Vintage Style Drip Cap. I used one over my 65 Safari rear trunk and stopped a leak that was a problem for years. It came painted white. I used paint stripper and installed it with Olympic rivets. After polishing it looked like it has always been on the trailer.
Attached Images

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob&Julie View Post
I have searched this forum for: rain channel, j channel, u channel, rain trim, u trim, j trim, rain, channel, trim, and all these again only with "guard". Then I went thread by thread until I started to believe it was actually ok for my AS to have a leak due to a door missing this "unnamed trim" which I can't seem to find.....

ok, if you haven't guessed I have a door on my AS...this door leaks....I have determined the root cause for this leak is the lack of the appropriate "trim" well the root "root cause" is the fact that water falls from the sky but the lack of trim is the one I can control.

What I am hoping for is that someone knows the name of my nemesis.

.....hopefully there aren't a thousand posts on this and/or it isn't blatantly obvious and I'm just blind. ;-)
That part is an Airstream drip cap.

It's only available through a dealer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonny River , New Brunswick
Thanks Andy and Tim, I could NOT think of any other words to search. These are both obvious now that I see them....
Rob&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote