Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vintage Kin Owner
Sonoma Co. , California
"A fool and his money are soon parted." Originally, Thomas Tusser, 1557
USAtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Good evening. I had some trouble getting back on because of password problems. But, that seems to have been resolved now.

I just now read your response Rocinante. Thank you!

We went back to the dealer today. The people that own the Pendleton had taken a loan for it and wanted to pay it off to get a different model. We were able to get it at a reduced amount and are happy about the decision. Even though we're "GREEN", the dealer is going to help us with things, as are our friends from yesterday AND my daughter and son-in-law who are constantly RVing cross country.

You'll definitely see us in the forums.

We're very pleased with our decision, and know it will fit in with what we want to do.

Thank you very much, to all of you, for your advice, suggestions and comments. ALL are appreciated.

We're #38 of 100 Airstream Pendletons.
Congratulations on your purchase.

I am from Albuquerque and bought my trailer from Holiday Trailer Sales. It is a family owned business and they are top notch. When they sell used rigs on consignment, they obviously have responsibilities to the seller as well. If they told you something, you can bank on it. You probably have warranty that will transfer.

I looked at those two trailers about 3 weeks ago. The oak cabinets/trim on the 2006 Classic with slide out was beautiful I had to remind myself I didn't want to tow a 30 foot or larger trailer, but it was tempting! I didn't want to put the kind of money into the Pendleton that you did, but it is extremely popular for a reason. I also think that Thor put more care into the QC on those liimited editions, so you probably can avoid a lot of the frustrations of other newer trailer owners.

Hope you consider joining the Four Corner's Unit or the New Mexico Unit of the WBCCI... and if so, we will look forward to seeing you at future rallies.

Dan Rossbach.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Need to transfer WBCCI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Sanctuary View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

I am from Albuquerque and bought my trailer from Holiday Trailer Sales. It is a family owned business and they are top notch. When they sell used rigs on consignment, they obviously have responsibilities to the seller as well. If they told you something, you can bank on it. You probably have warranty that will transfer.

I looked at those two trailers about 3 weeks ago. The oak cabinets/trim on the 2006 Classic with slide out was beautiful I had to remind myself I didn't want to tow a 30 foot or larger trailer, but it was tempting! I didn't want to put the kind of money into the Pendleton that you did, but it is extremely popular for a reason. I also think that Thor put more care into the QC on those liimited editions, so you probably can avoid a lot of the frustrations of other newer trailer owners.

Hope you consider joining the Four Corner's Unit or the New Mexico Unit of the WBCCI... and if so, we will look forward to seeing you at future rallies.

Dan Rossbach.
Hi Dan-
We're members of Region 9, Texas Hill Country Unit but unfortunately have not been able to attend many events. Would love to hook up with a new chapter once we finish with our move to Santa Fe.
MarkFinATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Congratulations on your new Pendleton!! Enjoy!!

Things to keep in mind based on some of your prior posts:

- EVERY RVer was at some point new to RV'ing (we went directly from tenting to a small SOB, to a longer SOB to our wonderful tin baby). The only way to not be new to RV'ing is to get an RV.

- Your age at time of purchase is not a factor, unless there are health issues (which can happen any age, so age is still not a factor). My husband and I were both 67 when we bought our first Airstream last year. I guess you could try waiting until you're younger to buy one......

- My husband & I were a bit hesitant about the cost, because it was, as one poster put it, a crapload of $$, even at the good discount our dealer gave us. Finally told my husband (a) we have the $$, (b) we can either give it to the Airstream dealer now or to the nursing home later (hopefully much much later or never). Dealer: 1, nursing home: 0.

- Have not once regretted buying our tin baby.
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFinATX View Post
Hi Dan-
We're members of Region 9, Texas Hill Country Unit but unfortunately have not been able to attend many events. Would love to hook up with a new chapter once we finish with our move to Santa Fe.

Check the PM I sent. Let me know when you have completed your move!
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFinATX View Post
Let me know if this becomes a yearly gathering. Number 62 will definitely be there!!! BTW, she's moved from Austin to Santa Fe. We bought a house there in Dec. and moved her a couple of weeks later. Not used to "winterizing" but I did a fairly decent job, I hope.

Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park.
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #47
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
2021 30RB Classic
Albertville , Minnesota
Pendleton

We r a Pendleton owner. U will not be sorry if u decide to buy it!

Gayle
Quicksilver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #48
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
2021 30RB Classic
Albertville , Minnesota
We r Pendleton owners. U will love it!
Quicksilver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:51 AM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Thank you, soyboy. Our friends gave us the same advice, and are willing to help us with our learning curve, before purchasing. What really appeals to us is the "hatchback". We loved that. We're not into the name brand thing that much, but really liked that ability to open up. We haven't seen any models with that besides the EB and the new Tommy Bahama...which we did not like. Are there others?
Suzee, you seem to be very sensible about this. I would have written that you should be very sure you like camping before you splurge on a Pendleton. However, with friends like yours, you should go ahead. If I were in your position, having a non-camping friend willing to help me, who really wants to travel with me, I would jump at the chance.

Happy trails!
Alexa
Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Leawood , Kansas
We took the plunge on a new Airstream after having never camped or been in an RV before! We have traveled a lot by air/sea, and thought this would be a wonderful adventure. We did a lot of research on the various models/floor plans, and settled on the Int'l Serenity 28FB. We took possession in November, and set out on a long road trip in January....for 2 months. We learned everything from this site and from YouTube!
I agree with the above comment, the special addition Airstreams can be a little overpriced (in my opinion), so maybe consider outfitting it to the particular color and textures of the style you like and save a few $$.
graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #51
short suff

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Gallatin , Tennessee
I agree with the post if you like it go for it......much easier than living with the regret of not. If it fits the budget don't worry about the price just make sure it is fair and don't forget it is supply and demand. Enjoy the Pendelton!!
short stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
But this bumper sticker on it to justify the purchase:

"Spending the kids inheritance!"

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #53
1 Rivet Member

Ridgefield , Washington
Congratulations! We just took delivery of #000 and love it! Enjoy!
Pendleton000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #54
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Hello. I’ve not been on the forums as I had an accident and all of the medical after the fact. It’s a slow process to get back in shape, but it’s getting there.

We have taken our trailer to a local RV park, twice, and are becoming familiar with the “routine”. We’ve been up to Angel Fire and that was fun. We’re going to Fort Sumner for a few days, in the near future; and then we will go to Quartzite in January.

I’m going to check out the rest of the forum to see what I’ve missed!
Suzee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Hello. It has been a few months, but I wanted to say thank you for the encouragement! There have been house and health issues to take care of.

Our adventures, so far, have been the 2 stays at a local RV park (full hook-up and boondocking); Angel Fire RV Resort; Fort Sumner Lake campground (deer at the front door in the morning) partial hook up; and our recent trip to Quartzsite, Arizona, for the HAM radio Quartzfest. Total boondocking.

We really wanted to mix it up to make sure that we can handle whatever we need to do. I’m gradually getting comfortable with the outside things. Hub is feeling that’s his territory. I think we both need to be thoroughly familiar with all things. You never know.

The trip to Quartzsite took us down to Deming, where we did an overnight at the LowHi Campground. Very friendly and a little quirky. Really enjoyed it! Then we stopped in Benson for a few days. We stayed at the Butterfield RV Resort. It was very nice, very clean, organized and with a HAM radio room and an observatory!

We took a day for Tombstone, and went to see family friends in Marana. Then we headed for Quartzsite. Very crowded and busy. RV show, HAM radio festival, County Swap meet and concerts. All boondocking. Unfortunately we got sick after a few days and headed back to Benson for a couple of days and back to ABQ.

During this trip we had some difficulty adjusting the heating inside. We tried temp control and vent adjusting. Maybe it will take more time. The bedroom is cold while the table area is roasting. We also noticed a cool breeze encircling the inside of the trailer when the heater came on. Our technician/mechanic said it was pretty much the “nature of the beast” for circulating air. We are also having some difficulty with the door to the trailer. It is not closing properly. He will be addressing that, too.

Has anyone had any of these concerns or experiences? We’re trying to troubleshoot and understand as much as possible before we take off on our big trip east in May.

Yes, we’re enjoying it, but still a little careful with things.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:37 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Newbie with Pendleton dilemma...

Hi - sorry to hear of your accident. Sounds like you're getting out and having some fun! That's great!

A few thoughts on your heating questions.

First - the cold air swoosh when turning the heat on happens in our 27FB Flying Cloud. I think it's a matter of the vent pipes being a bit cool when the heater starts blowing. It warms up in a few minutes though - same for you or not?

Second, the drastic difference between front and rear could signal a disconnect in the vent tube. Next time the heat is on, check whether you can feel hot air at the vent near the floor behind the shower/under the TV in the bedroom. If not - or if very weak, the tubing that connects the vent to the heater may be cut or disconnected somewhere. Worth having your dealer check out.

As for doors - they sometimes need adjusting. I've had mine done at the factory. They manhandle it pretty rough to ensure it fits correctly. Again something I'd want the factory or dealer to adjust properly.

Don't know if any of that helps or is even correct for your issues - maybe a good place to start at least.

Happy camping!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Try easing off the stabilizer jacks a turn or two and see if the door closes easier. The jacks are meant to prevent the trailer from rocking when you move around, not to level the trailer.

Also silicone spray the lock if it starts feeling sticky.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
Some of heating and cooling problems are because of the location of the temp sensor in zone 2. It is on the walk behind the TV and in the wall by refrigerator. Both of these appliances effect how you have to set temp. You cannot set temp in both zones the same because of the location of sensor.
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Hello. It has been a few months, but I wanted to say thank you for the encouragement! There have been house and health issues to take care of.

Our adventures, so far, have been the 2 stays at a local RV park (full hook-up and boondocking); Angel Fire RV Resort; Fort Sumner Lake campground (deer at the front door in the morning) partial hook up; and our recent trip to Quartzsite, Arizona, for the HAM radio Quartzfest. Total boondocking.

We really wanted to mix it up to make sure that we can handle whatever we need to do. I’m gradually getting comfortable with the outside things. Hub is feeling that’s his territory. I think we both need to be thoroughly familiar with all things. You never know.

The trip to Quartzsite took us down to Deming, where we did an overnight at the LowHi Campground. Very friendly and a little quirky. Really enjoyed it! Then we stopped in Benson for a few days. We stayed at the Butterfield RV Resort. It was very nice, very clean, organized and with a HAM radio room and an observatory!

We took a day for Tombstone, and went to see family friends in Marana. Then we headed for Quartzsite. Very crowded and busy. RV show, HAM radio festival, County Swap meet and concerts. All boondocking. Unfortunately we got sick after a few days and headed back to Benson for a couple of days and back to ABQ.

During this trip we had some difficulty adjusting the heating inside. We tried temp control and vent adjusting. Maybe it will take more time. The bedroom is cold while the table area is roasting. We also noticed a cool breeze encircling the inside of the trailer when the heater came on. Our technician/mechanic said it was pretty much the “nature of the beast” for circulating air. We are also having some difficulty with the door to the trailer. It is not closing properly. He will be addressing that, too.

Has anyone had any of these concerns or experiences? We’re trying to troubleshoot and understand as much as possible before we take off on our big trip east in May.

Yes, we’re enjoying it, but still a little careful with things.
S-8, congrats on your new baby! You will really like the hatch! Take your time as that is what glamping in an AS is all about ... the comfort and the fun! We are 67 and 69 and look forward to our summer AS times with friends
WE, too, had a door that did not close smoothly but it is an easy fix at your local dealer...
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #60
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Foiled again...adjusting the stabilizers did not do it...but thank you for the suggestion!

billymyers56...thank you for the tip! We'll have a looksee when we go back over to clean her up.

mefly2...Hopefully they'll have it taken care of soon.

I'm still a bit "careful" about cooking in her. It's like I don't want to "mess up the décor", for crying out loud. Frustrating! I need to get over this and just dive in.