Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2017, 05:45 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Classic
2003 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 330 hp w/2slides
Shelby , North Carolina
We have a used 27FB Classic but are "dressing it up" like a Pendleton.

Best of both worlds, and a LOT cheaper!!
NCMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
1. Really wish I'd bought that loaded Pendleton last year misquoted for $100,500.
Oh well, water under the bridge. We'll be happy with the 26U when it arrives.

2. There's a 2009 Classic with slide-out for sale in Nashville (saw it on CraigsList).
Not seen it in person, but the pics look nice.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #23
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We would love to grab a slide-out because they are so incredibly cool and rare, but I don't know whether we'd have patience for the amount of work we might have to do getting it ship-shape. We'd also have to get a new tow vehicle, as those babies are heavy on the tongue.

Anyway, if you're looking at an Airstream more than, oh, roughly 5 years old, get an expert from the forum to inspect it for you before plunking your money down - unless you're incredibly handy and don't mind the possibility of trying to fix leaks, damage from leaks (e.g. possibly rotten floors) ferreting out potential rodent carcasses, solving plumbing and electrical mysteries, etc. These problems are not entirely unique to used Airstreams, though, and with proper care your Airstream will last far longer than any other travel trailer I know of.

So, the aforementioned issues are why I usually suggest that regular folks wanting to get into Airstreaming with a used unit take a good hard look at gently used models between 1-3 years old. (Soon enough, the Pendleton models will be in that category.) By then all the warranty stuff has been resolved and the trailer has a very good chance of being in excellent condition. OTOH, the price will probably reflect that. Don't let anyone fool you though, Airstreams depreciate just like everything else. The only question is, how much?

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Good evening. I had some trouble getting back on because of password problems. But, that seems to have been resolved now.

I just now read your response Rocinante. Thank you!

We went back to the dealer today. The people that own the Pendleton had taken a loan for it and wanted to pay it off to get a different model. We were able to get it at a reduced amount and are happy about the decision. Even though we're "GREEN", the dealer is going to help us with things, as are our friends from yesterday AND my daughter and son-in-law who are constantly RVing cross country.

You'll definitely see us in the forums.

We're very pleased with our decision, and know it will fit in with what we want to do.

Thank you very much, to all of you, for your advice, suggestions and comments. ALL are appreciated.

We're #38 of 100 Airstream Pendletons.
Suzee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Montgomery , Texas
Awesome! Congrats for sure! Post pics when you can!
DaveMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #26
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Well there you go, I Was going to advise going for it, gut feelings ! So happy for you and you will love it, see you on the road and besure to post lots of photos! Plenty of people jump into Airstream as their first rv experience. I did not, started for very different reasons ( used my trailers for work ). I worked my way up to my brand new 25 twin FC! You will just love everything and really not that hard.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Cybertron , Illinois
#30 is our first trailer and we love it, you will too I'm sure! Congrats.
Ambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #28
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Well, congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, a beautiful Airstream model.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Congrats...Pendletons are very nice Airstreams! You made a great choice.

We camped in Fredericksburg Tx over the New Years holiday and couldn't believe it but there were 3 Pendletons in the RV park. There were over a dozen Airstreams total but having 3 of those Pendletons was quite something for sure!

We only get one shot at life...do it right and have no regrets! See you down the road...
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Newbie with Pendleton dilemma...

Congrats Suzee8! You'll love it! Please post lots of pics.

One last thing - you said you and your husband have never been RVing before. My wife and I were in the same position 5 years ago when we bought our first ever trailer. In addition to some great advice here and thorough friends in our local unit of the WBCCI, one of the best things we ever did was to take a weekend long RV Safe Driver Training class with our rig. Did that the first weekend we had the trailer and I highly recommend it. Ours was at a (fairly) local commercial driver's license (CDL) training facility. There are other options too. And there are TONS of threads in these forums for newbies too. And if it didn't transfer with your Pendleton, a copy of Rich Luhr's guide for newbies is the gold standard:

https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Luhr/e/B00NTOLA9O

Good luck and happy camping!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
We love ours. #77. Also happens to be our anniversary. We are on a month long trip to D.C. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	281178
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
[QUOTE=billymyers56;1921337]We love ours. #77. Also happens to be our anniversary. We are on a month long trip to D.C. We were one of those Pendleton owners in Fredericksburg at New Years. The other two were friends of ours. No regrets. Enjoy!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1500.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	281179Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1498.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	281180Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1503.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	281181
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Fidalgo Island , Washington
My camper was a Pendelton before Pendleton was cool. Go to the Pendleton web site, the Pendleton Home Store website....it's amazing how you can decorate on your own (maybe better) and save tens of thousands of dollars in the process. Can't help you with the hatchback.

P. S. Don't know where you are, but there is a Pendleton store just a few miles from the Portland Airstream dealer, they sell Pendleton fabrics on the roll for a deep discount.
Oregon Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
You'll LOVE it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Good evening. I had some trouble getting back on because of password problems. But, that seems to have been resolved now.

I just now read your response Rocinante. Thank you!

We went back to the dealer today. The people that own the Pendleton had taken a loan for it and wanted to pay it off to get a different model. We were able to get it at a reduced amount and are happy about the decision. Even though we're "GREEN", the dealer is going to help us with things, as are our friends from yesterday AND my daughter and son-in-law who are constantly RVing cross country.

You'll definitely see us in the forums.

We're very pleased with our decision, and know it will fit in with what we want to do.

Thank you very much, to all of you, for your advice, suggestions and comments. ALL are appreciated.

We're #38 of 100 Airstream Pendletons.
Congrats! We own #62/100 and have never regretted the purchase. Did they include all of the Pendleton goodies? We live in Santa Fe and I'd be happy to help in any I can. Message me if you have questions.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
What fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Congrats...Pendletons are very nice Airstreams! You made a great choice.

We camped in Fredericksburg Tx over the New Years holiday and couldn't believe it but there were 3 Pendletons in the RV park. There were over a dozen Airstreams total but having 3 of those Pendletons was quite something for sure!

We only get one shot at life...do it right and have no regrets! See you down the road...
Let me know if this becomes a yearly gathering. Number 62 will definitely be there!!! BTW, she's moved from Austin to Santa Fe. We bought a house there in Dec. and moved her a couple of weeks later. Not used to "winterizing" but I did a fairly decent job, I hope.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #36

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
I'm with the "Go For It" guys! You only live once, and if you have the money and the desire and the RV is in good shape.... If you pass it up, there will be a little bit of you that "settled" and will still think about it! Even if you have it a few years, the resale should still be in your favor! They are going to be classics. Good luck!!!
Road Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
"We have never been "RVing" before, and just cannot decide what to do."

Do yourselves a HUGE favor. Find and attend an RV Boot Camp. Escapees, RVSEF and other groups offer this important training (running from 2 to as many as eight days). RVBC grads are smarter RV buyers and, safer RVers in general. Some insurance companies offer a discount to RVBC graduates.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rvBo...hrome&ie=UTF-8
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #38
Jackson the Airstream

2020 30' Classic
Aurora , Ontario
We feel your opportunity

We went through the same decision last fall...we found a used Pendleton, 6 months used, and were relatively new to rv'ing. We had rented an Airstream 2Go in Bozeman Mt and dropped it off 3 weeks later in L.A....spending our time in the high desert...LOVED IT...and LOVED the Pendleton edition, although the one we rented was not a Pendleton, but was the same size.
When I asked what number out of the limited edition it was and they told me 27...Sold, as that is Sue's birthday!
We have done one shake down trip and then had it stored for the winter...we live in Toronto.
If you can afford it, coffins don't have pockets (for your $)...if you don't fly first class your kids will...and on it goes!
Good luck with your decision...maybe we will see you on the road!
Philandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #39
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Newport News , Virginia
Airstream pick

We started with 19 Ft Bambi....then 25 ft international. Now FC 30 ft bunk. I think that we finally got it right for us. We have loved Pendleton products for years. We have decorated our great floor plan a la Pendleton. You mention spending time in Maine? We have spent 5 months past 4 years. Sometimes the black flies and mosquitoes are daily uninvited guests 😳 I doubt that an open hatchback would be used often. Oh yeah, plus smoke from neighboring fire rings. We love our home on wheels and wish the same for you 😊
X Navy Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Lincolnwood , Illinois
I looked at the pendeltons, but they were not for me.the walls were too busy.
Chose a "17" international 30' queen, Tons of storage.Love the layout
Huge (for a trailer) living/kitchen area.Am in the process of outfitting it for our
first trip in june. Also a newbie. And yes, my trailer spoke to me.

We will enjoy our trailers for years to come.
Milo1952 is offline   Reply With Quote