Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #1

1977 Argosy 24 Rear Door
Penns Grove , New Jersey
1977 Airstream Argosy Rear Door 24 - New Jersey

Title: 1977 Airstream Argosy Rear Door 24 - New Jersey
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

This 1977 Airstream Argosy 24R (Rear Door) is a beautiful example of an all-original trailer in excellent condition.Â* The interior is in outstanding condition because the original owners kept slip covers on all the cushions for its entire life.Â* I am the second owner. I have owned this trailer for two summers, but due to personal circumstances I don't have enough free time to make use of it. I have used it to dry-camp twice. The first trip was about 35 miles, the second was about 50 miles. The trailer tows beautifully.
This Argosy was bought new in January of 1977 and used for summer vacations for several years.Â* Then its owners bought a park model camper in a campground and the Argosy was parked on the same camp site and used as a second bedroom during the summer when all the kids and grandkids were visiting.Â* The Argosy was parked properly, with some of the weight taken off the axles; they are not frozen.Â* When changing the tires, each spindle showed about 3 inches of movement.Â* Original owners periodically had the Argosy taken off-site for routine checks and maintenance.Â* The tires were replaced with light truck tires and a new coupler and tongue jack was installed in 2016.
The original Dometic 3 way refrigerator works well.
Furnace works. Cook stove/oven works.
Air conditioner has been replaced and works well.
Tambour doors work and are in good condition (door under sink has some damage but is still very functional)
A few of the storage trays remain.
The Zip Dee awning is also original and in good condition but needs a serious cleaning.
All window glass is intact; all windows open, close and lock
Original roof vents (2, 1 with fan) are operational
Electrical system is fully functional
All cushions and bolsters have the original upholstery in good condition – no rips or worn spots
Original light fixtures all work.
Front door lock needs work (but I think can be repaired) so the original owner installed a pad-lock.Â* At some point the door was left ajar and rain leaked in and softened the floor directly in front of the door.Â* This is the only soft spot in the trailer. The water system has not been tested.

The black water dump valve is functional, but the gray water valve is stuck.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...24-new-jersey/
PJPsr is offline   Reply With Quote