Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I put this thread up because I find the amount of discontent perplexing. I guess I would not know because I have never been a member of an active camping RV club. I have never done a rally or a caravan. Usually it is me the wife and two dogs when we are out camping. We just kind of say hi and meet new people at the campgrounds.

I know when I was active as a coach in sports you could see the neurotic behavior of parents and other coaches. They would always look at the other teams, kids and parents as doing everything all wrong. When all said and done those people were no different then any other team. I can understand it because it is competition. I don't look at camping as competition. I look at it as getting out and bonding with the natural world.

The point I was trying to make is it is time in our society to start getting along. The conflict is not only with airstreamers. I see it with politics, education, and other areas. Lots of anger being spewed in today’s world. What does anger accomplish? More anger. I think it is time to put anger to rest and find common ground. I am happy to see some people moving on and being creative with airstreaming. That is the American way. If the overall majority is not happy with a club (any type of club), then the club will die eventually. Plain and simple. The beauty is if it goes away, then it can be reborn. I have seen that happen in the world of sports before.

So chill out folks and go camping, be happy, and don't eat yellow snow.

Brian
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I would like to explore the nuances and ramifications of walking away from anger.

Perhaps that is subject sensitive but then perhaps there are cases to be made in general. How much is too much? When does one call it a day? What are the issues and the compromises involved. While the heading is leading the comments are disappointing. What say Ye?

And of course my first love and loyalty is Air Forums! But let's broaden the discussion to include as much dialog as possible. It seems a very interesting subject.
I wasn't talking about Save Wally 2Air. I wanted to broaden the discussion to how and when does a person handle anger within themselves or from others. I think anger is something many of us may encounter often in our daily lives. I wanted to move OFF the subject and discuss and examine anger, in general. But I didn't mean to make you... angry. I do appreciate knowing your thoughts.

Times are difficult. The subject is a good one to examine.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
I wasn't talking about Save Wally 2Air. I wanted to broaden the discussion to how and when does a person handle anger within themselves or from others. I think anger is something many of us may encounter often in our daily lives. I wanted to move OFF the subject and discuss and examine anger, in general. But I didn't mean to make you... angry. I do appreciate knowing your thoughts.

Times are difficult. The subject is a good one to examine.
You are welcome to use the argue thread to discuss anger.

Regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Ken. And next time I know to knock before I enter.

photography
Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
_

. , .
Quote:
...I wanted to move OFF the subject and discuss and examine anger, in general...
i get it so actually u wanted to HIJACK the thread...

there's a place for that...

and it's NOT the thread ken keeps promoting and intended to railroad the REAL argue thread...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f472...ing-24723.html

more seriously (not really) it seems perhaps u are looking for a HOLE nother sort of forum...

a place to discuss emotions?

is there a drphilsallyjerryoprahfightclub forum somewhere?

i dunno but,

perhaps a daily affirmation may help...

"i'm good enough, i'm smart enough, and doggonit people like me"

or maybe a deep thought can help...

it might just be time to rent a movie...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Time to walk away from the anger
Quote:
I am writing because I have found myself reading threads getting more heated about certain issues concerning individuals, clubs, money and other things. I guess I could just ignore the threads but I have been trying to make sense out of the rising conflicts. Please no!!! don't repeat the reasons because I have read them over and over in all kinds of threads.

The bottom line is people are angry and standing their ground about certain issues pertaining to airstream RVing. Maybe if people could just turn off the negative and forget about the anger a new light will shine and understanding and common ground can be found. If not new creative ways of airstreaming may come out of it.
I don't find my post to be a hijack from the thread opener, perhaps you have become confused within your own hijack of the thread.

Unless of course the thread was not intended to be posted to. You will have to clarify for me why my post is inappropriate and yours are spot on.

But for now, I'll just say "Good night Gracie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns_and_Allen

photography
Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Anger, what anger?

Hi, I see, [actually read] people expressing their opinions and disagreements. Oh, and sometimes agreeing with others. Anger, not so much. But it makes you feel better when you get to give your opinion and get the anger out of your system. [helps prevent heart attacks] A little expression of anger on the forum hasn't hurt anyone that I know of. [hasn't hurt me]

"You may not like what I have to say, but it is the truth."
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
A layer of thicker skin couldnt hurt
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
...Take it away Vince... I got better places to be...

__
well at least NEITHER of us is angry!

sorry i'm not in sales or shilling shills...

so the vince reference went right past me.

but clearly i get the connection NOW and from 1 who pedals to another...

ok gotta get the shamwow out, to mop up the puter screen now.

(( savewa' and shamwow...not only do they rhyme but they go2gether...one slings mud and the other wipes it up! ))

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #30
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Are you* angry about arguing, or arguing about anger? Or maybe angry about anger?

Seems like there are multiple definitions of "hijack" and they have been argued about, perhaps with some anger.

From the Dep't of Psychobabble: My opinion is that anger is justified when you are treated unfairly. Obviously some people are angry all or most of the time (displaced anger). Forums seem to give angry people a therapeutic outlet. Maybe that prevents dastardly crimes. Argumentative people are probably angry about something. And if angry people are told to stop being angry, no matter whether their anger is justifiable or displaced, they will certainly argue with that. Example of that thought: "Don't tell me to have a 'Nice Day'!"

There's something strangely heartening to see how this thread immediately went off the tracks.

Gene

*"you" means anyone you want it to.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #31
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
huh?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Listening to the simulcast (provided from Post #29 LINK from this thread)of the Treasurer's Report, during questions and answers from members, member Mary Potter of the Pensacola Unit asked about the 437% of budget used towards the Ethics and Grievance committee. Response, was "confidentiality" What kind of answer is that??
Not knowing the circumstances, and not being schooled iin Law, why does the IBT-EC-7 need to seek council for a grievance against a member in a provate club?
Do they think they are thin ice, and need to develope leverage?
I am not an attorney.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
Brian, the old Malthusian doomsaying just never gets old. To quote the wisdom of "Kay" from Men in Black:

"There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet...."

For the neo-Malthusians like Paul Ehrlich and Jared Diamond, the alien "battle cruiser" is always population growth, diminishing natural resources, "peak oil," etc.

The most succinct riposte to Malthus is by science author, Ron Bailey,

"'Two centuries after Malthus,' notes Bailey, 'it is now clear that the exponential growth of knowledge, not population, is the real key to understanding the future of humanity and the earth.'"

Relax, Brian. I think we're going to last long enough as a species for you do whatever camping you want.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Well I watched the Slap Chop commercial and Vince certainly makes it look easy. I bought my wife one of these things. Took it apart to clean it and never could get the cheap thing back together, so I threw it away.

Moral of the story- It doesn't pay to clean stuff.

Here's what I do when I'm angry and I saw this on a vintage movie that I can't remember to title to, you simply stick your head out the window and shout "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT TAKING IT ANY NORE!"

Try it, it works!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #35
Be Calm, Have a Cupcake

Vintage Kin Owner
Houston , Texas
Quotes

More Wag, Less Bark!

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." Dave Barry

"A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry." Winston Churchill

"I drink, therefore I am." W.C. Fields

"To Air is Human, but it feels divine." Mae West (quote modified)

"The art of diplomacy is to say nothing. Especially when speaking." Will Durant

Come to the dark side - we have cookies.

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.

Everyone is beautiful if you squint a bit.

Everyone leaves the world a little better - some by leaving.

Everything is always okay in the end. If its not okay, then its not the end.

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.

Friendship is like money. Easier made than kept.

"I would never join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

"I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?" Tom Clancy

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." The Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verse 16

Would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?
Secguru is offline   Reply With Quote