Old 01-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #57
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
This is better than an All in the Family episode!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:50 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Meds?...i doan got meds...i doan need no meds...WE doan neeed no stinking meds!........
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
i bet.....

nobody remembers that film...clue....Walter pidgeon was the scientist...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 01-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #60
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Brandon (near reservoir) , Mississippi
Re: i bet.....

Quote:
Originally posted by norbert
nobody remembers that film...clue....Walter pidgeon was the scientist...
norby

Forbidden Planet, still one of the greatest sci-fi movies.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
correcto mundo!!!

Old 01-14-2004, 08:39 AM   #62

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Leslie Nielson doing a straight role. It cracks me up everytime I see this picture. Anne Francis when she was young. Robbie the robot later to graduate to Lost in Space. Great picture!

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:36 AM   #63
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by Janet's Husband
my 77 is my baby and looks better than most sticks and tin foil trailers being built today. I say if you want to discriminate do it on the basis of quality not age.
I don't think it's fair to compare your wife to a trailer or to reveal her age in a public forum like this.
This is a prime example of what can happen when a wife allows her hubby access to a pc.

Rog
Old 01-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Kids. Whoever invented those things anyways?
Great thread everybody, keep this one going. This is only one of the reasons that this is my most favorite site.
Bob,
Old 01-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #65
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
The kid understands that he inherits the trailer and is relieved that, as long as we're workiing on the trailer, we're not bothering him.

That said - we would still occasionally encounter an age restriction at RV parks. My teenager is well behaved and I am under 55 (note: no comment about husband ) and park restricitons are becoming increasing more common.

I suppose you're right that there are "Airstream only" parks and "no tent" parks and others, but what if this becomes even more common practice?

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #66
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Yeah, what she said

And what will those Airstream only and no tent parks do when someone pulls in with a new Airstream BASE CAMP ?
Not allow them to use the tent that is up their butt?

Rog
Old 01-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #67
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
I carry a weapon in my work.. I have done most of my adult life, including when confined to a wheelchair for a while, so I also carry one, when I am not working.. I am licensed to do so in 27 states, and have not shot anyone accidently, or maliciously at any time in my life.

I am alarmed to see posted on many RV park entrances - NO FIREARMS.. Do not the site owners know that a sign like that discourages only me, the honest packer. Dishonest ones know they can rob with impunity, as there is nobody armed to stop them.. Such a case happened in New Mexico three years ago. I chose not to stay in a no firearm park, and read a couple of days later a camper was shot, disturbing a person in their trailer when they returned one evening.

Theo
Old 01-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #68
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Thumbs up What a great thread!

I have read every post so far with interest. One of the great things about the owners of our trailers (and motorhomes) is the extraordinary personalities involved.

My wife is an inveterate planner. Itineraries must be in place prior to leaving. I, on the other hand, take life as it comes (for the most part.) Fortunately, she generally saves us a TON of money by making advance reservations for 'stuff'.

The most interesting trips we've taken though, and the most interesting places we've stayed have been the ones that we saw from the road and pulled off for the night without prior planning.

We've seen and camped next to the real-life models for the hillbilly family from "Deliverance". They ran another campground I recall. OTOH, we've camped next to wonderful folks who we'd otherwise have never gotten to meet. We've seen fabulous local attractions based on the recommendation of fellow campers or the local campground owners. We've enjoyed meals at out-of-the way restaurants, again at the recommendation of someone. We've also dined at establishments that ought to be named "Ptomaine Tommy's". Our dog found us at an unscheduled stop at the KOA in a windstorm in Wendover NV.

I've been 'trailer camping' off and on since 1981, and all over the west coast and midwest. In all of that time, and in all of the places I've been, I don't ever recall being asked to leave a campground (except for being thrown out of the Yosemite Valley at 9:00 P.M. on Thanksgiving in 1993... but that's another story...), or being denied access to a campground as a result of the age or size of my trailer/motorhome/whatever. While I've mostly had Airstreams now since 1987, I've also had two tent trailers and a Scamp 13' over the years.

That's not to say we haven't stayed in some pretty odd places, but we've found an equal or greater number of great ones.

I guess that I see every new place as an adventure, an experience to be had and enjoyed. Even the crummy ones have value, as they cause you to appreciate the great ones. After all, you don't appreciate feeling well if you're never sick, do you?

Roger
Old 01-14-2004, 03:50 PM   #69
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Roger,

You gotta come clean...I mean I read the post and it was good, then I ran over that line about you being kicked out......and thought....man, he's really gonna make me ask for it.....

So, I'm askin....please do tell! I'm sure I'm no the only one that would like to know!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #70
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Yes, please Roger

Did you do unkind things to small animals or what? Don't leave us here wondering what got you booted.
I was only asked to leave a campground once but only because I exceded the 2 week law in a state forest campground. It had nothing to do with loud parties or streaking.
What was your crime?

Rog