Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Belly skin removal

HELP!

I am trying to repair a rotten section of the floor in the rear of my 1964 Bambi II. The previous owner had cut a large hole in the skin under the rear shower/lav to make repairs to the DWV plumbing. Because of this, I am going to be able to remove just the rear belly section (from the second to the last bulkhead to the rear of the unit). The problem I am having is, I have all the rivets drilled out along the bottom and the stubs punched out I can't get the belly skin to come out from under the top skin. IS the sealant strong enough to hold it in or do I need to drill out more rivets? Photos of the unit in question can be seen at http://members.cox.net/pamcsween/ .

Thanks
Old 05-17-2003, 07:23 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
belly pan removal

I recently had the same problem removing the belly pan on our '52 Cruiser. I discovered some additional rivets holding up the belly pan underneath the wall panels. I had to drill out a few of the rivets on the vertivcal seams (up from the bottom about 10") in order to gently pry the wall panels up and get to the rivets underneath. I don't know if this is the same on your (cute) Bambi, but it might be worth checking, if you haven't already.
Doug
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote