Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 28' Ambassador
St Catharines , Ontario
Smile 1966 Ambassador Twin

Now entering our second year as a Vintage Airstream owner we are nearing our renovation process. I'm trying to keep the interior as close to original as possible. We were very lucky the Airstream we found was well maintained, but it is surprising the amount of "maintenance it requires to bring it back to life.
The Airstream Forum site saved me alot of money and I've learned quite abit about rivets and aluminum.
Now that February is approaching the bug is starting to hit me again. Time to fire up the heater and get back inside for the home stretch of repairs. Last year we managed to get out on two trips with the trailer. We even put our own dent in the side by cutting a corner too close and scraping a tree. It wasn't funny at first but we had a good laugh about it later.
The trailer we have is a twin bed and I'm looking for some pictures of a double bed configuation. The next plan is to change the unit to this double bed config keeping the twin bed in the garage with the other hobbies.
So if you have any pictures of your 1966 I'd love to see them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream copy.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	17853  
Readitago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1966 28' Ambassador
St Catharines , Ontario
Found Pictures

Luckily a member posted pictures of their 1966 Overlander which to my surprise had a picture of the cabinet and desk that is in the double bed configuration!
Over time I will post pictures of our trailer so that others might get inspired to join this wonderful world of vintage Airstream trailer renovations.

Readitago
Readitago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1966, 1966 ambassador