Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Maxxfan

Where can I get a Maxxfan for a good price.I had seen one finally at the store and it was about $287.00.Any help is greatly appreciated.thanks.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
http://www.dyersonline.com/p-9356-ke...-maxx-fan.aspx

$200, white
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thank You

That is a great price.Thank You.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Bowmanville , Ontario
I have a Maxxfan and $199 is a good price. I personally feel that Airstream should offer this fan in their new units as an alternative to the so called Fantastic Fan. A much better concept… Why would you want a fan to close up and stop when it starts raining? I need ventilation when it rains too. I wanted to let you know that there are control units for the Maxxfan that lets you control the fan from the wall however you have to buy a different unit that works with the thermostat controller. Pretty slick.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited S/O
Greensboro , North Carolina
Maxxfan

I was going to have fantastic fans installed but read on here to leave off the auto rain closing feature and just cover it with a maxxvent. Can you buy a maxxfan which is as good for airflow and still be able to keep the vent open when raining. If so, that seems a better option that a fantastic fan covered with a maxxvent.
tslanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Fan

I think it is the choice I am going with.I am just trying to find one for a good price right now.I have a brand new Fantastic fan I had installed a few months ago but never got to use it so it is still new.I am going to replace that one also in the future with the Maxxair.I like the idea of having the fan on when it is raining during the cooler times of the year.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Colorado Springs , CO
Camping World

I just bought mine from Camping World at 239 per fan. But it's the "smoke" color which costs more across the board.

FWIW: I wanted the entire portion that shows above the trailer to be black (not just a white fan with a smoke lid). So I needed one that was manufactured before 3/08 (I called the company). That's why I went with Camping World. Their sales representative put me on hold, walked to the storage room, and checked for me. The online stores had them cheaper, but wouldn't, or couldn't tell me the date of manufacture. So I went with the better customer service (a common theme here on the forums).

Working on the installation now.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Check out Amazon/E-bay. I bought mine there and it was cheaper with a remote than I could find the base model anywhere. This was 2 years ago so don't remember what I paid.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I just had a Maxxair Remote installed to replace the non-powered vent in my Safari. It is a great unit. My only criticism is that there is no way to automatically have the fan shut off at a designated temperature and have the vent remain open. In auto mode the fan shuts off and the vent closes. Having the fan over the bed is a BIG improvement. Running the Fantastic fan in the galley (ehhausting) and the Maxxair over the bed (drawing in) really moves some air.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Thanks for the information, especially where to purchase.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote