Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
North-Central , Florida
Following with interest.
djbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
Following
WBAC #5932
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:51 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Pawleys Island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal2 View Post
I use OTR mobile internet , truly unlimited at $60/month https://www.otrmobile.com/ very reliable no throttling, no cap
Just signed up for OTR too, SIM will be here tomorrow. Seems like the best option out there.. Picked up a Pepwave Max Mini that I put in the AI yesterday.. will report back on the OTR.
justinshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:55 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Quick update: installed a Peplink router and OTR sim in my AI last week and am really enjoying the results.. in the same step I switched from Verizon to Spectrum Mobile which is simply an MVNO that runs on Verizon's network and saved the $60 that OTR cost me a month.. so I've made a cost-neutral decision that now affords me the ability have both AT&T and Verizon's network with me while I travel.

I typically used 40-50gb with Verizon monthly but am now able to offload most of that onto the AT&T network via OTR while on the road.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' International
Whereweparkit , Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinshort View Post
Quick update: installed a Peplink router and OTR sim in my AI last week and am really enjoying the results.. in the same step I switched from Verizon to Spectrum Mobile which is simply an MVNO that runs on Verizon's network and saved the $60 that OTR cost me a month.. so I've made a cost-neutral decision that now affords me the ability have both AT&T and Verizon's network with me while I travel.

I typically used 40-50gb with Verizon monthly but am now able to offload most of that onto the AT&T network via OTR while on the road.
Glad to hear that’s working out. I think that’s the direction I’ll be going myself as well, though maybe different hardware.

Full-timing it in a 2020 International Serenity 30RB!
https://AdventureToaster.com
TV: 2020 Ram 2500 Limited CCSB Hemi
AdvToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Quote:

I spoke too soon.. OTR has just raised prices this evening and moved from ATT towers to TMobile.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Ebay has Grandfathered Unlimited plans for sale. Basically you pay upfront $, then take over the monthly fee. Has anyone done this? Or heard of anyone that has had success?
Mikee6453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Anyone have an update on a reasonable sim card plan? This is just nutty.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , CA
Send a message via ICQ to SilverPal2
OTR raised prices to $90 so I have gone back to Verizon's new unlimited plus plan for now
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-LLC.com
SilverPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , CA
Send a message via ICQ to SilverPal2
The mobile Internet resource center is the best source of information
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-LLC.com
SilverPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal2 View Post
The mobile Internet resource center is the best source of information
I'll check out that site. My wife and I stream CNN and MSNBC via Amazon fire stick with Cox authorization and just being here this weekend on our campsite have used about 30GB of data....so we need something that will deal with that kind of usage without bankrupting us.

The argument could be made to "get outside"...…but I'll let someone else be the one to tell my wife that...…..and of course, I'll happily watch the fireworks from a distance.....
Old 10-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I was on Verizon unlimited at 15Gb for $20/month. They now unlimited plus which is 30Gb of 4GLTE for $30/month before throttling to 600kbps. That with the hotspot on my phone has me covered For the 10 days a month I need it.

Wireless websites suck.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #33
Furthur

2021 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Golden , Colorado
Following
WP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #34
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
For those who work on the road and need to rely on ample data there is no good option that gives you >30GB per month unless you turn to the grey market.

I am fortunate to have an older Veizon unlimited pre-paid plan fro $69/month - unlimited, uncapped but network managed. I use about 200-400GB+ per month run rate when on the road.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com remains the best place for the most current intel on plans for RV travelers who need reliable and fast internet....
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:09 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
For those who work on the road and need to rely on ample data there is no good option that gives you >30GB per month unless you turn to the grey market.

I am fortunate to have an older Veizon unlimited pre-paid plan fro $69/month - unlimited, uncapped but network managed. I use about 200-400GB+ per month run rate when on the road.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com remains the best place for the most current intel on plans for RV travelers who need reliable and fast internet....
I burned that up in 3 days at our last campground.....yes we do a lot of streaming......news and other things that we can't get over the air.....we have tons of movies on our drives....and watch those too...but HD content just beats up your data plan.....the DW wants to be up to date.....so we need to find something that will just work. The telecoms need to get their head out of their ass....people need stuff that is affordable......their gear is bought and paid for a million times over.......
Old 10-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
NA , Maryland
Hello,

Starting out on the forum. I spoke to ATT about new plans, getting my kids off my bundle and onto their own data line. The sales person told me if I want to expand my usage with a newer phone that has dual sims, add a line to the 2nd sim and use that as a hotspot. We're planning on a full time trip; I'm thinking of that or just getting a satellite dish for the news and adding the extra wireless to a 2nd phone that I have.

thank you,
jan55255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #37
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' International
Whereweparkit , Anywhere
I’ve been successful with working full time from a “grey market” AT&T plan for 5 months now. Our average usage is somewhere north of 500GB/mo between work and lots of streaming media.

I’d much rather be on an officially available plan direct from one of the providers, and I’d happily pay a premium for it, but until they release something truly unlimited that’s just not an option for us.

Full-timing it in a 2020 International Serenity 30RB!
https://AdventureToaster.com
TV: 2020 Ram 2500 Limited CCSB Hemi
AdvToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #38
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Keller , Texas
Same here, re: the gray market AT&T plan. It’s pricy, but so far, it’s been flawless. We went with mobilemusthave.com for both hardware and plan and they’ve been painless to deal with. Great website, easy to understand options, with no hiccups whatsoever.

We just spent a week in the mountains with four of us streaming work webexes, school Zooms and whatnot for eight hours each day and it was more reliable than our home set-up and plan.

I hate spending north of $100 per month on data for work and school on the road, but I won’t care about the money in 20 years and my kids are grown. Plus, I didn’t want to entrust our ability to work to a hotspot (via phone or separate device) ...

Having said all that, I’d rather deal straight with one of the major providers vs. going this route, but they just don’t have anything comparable any more.
phoenix491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Johnson City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gklott View Post
Because our engineering firm relies totally on this, we use the AT&T Small Business Fixed Wireless Internet service. Our rate is $100/month for 100GB. We use a Sierra Wireless MP70 mobile gateway router.

This $1/GB is the best data plan we've found.
This remains our plan and the lowest cost data-only no-contract plan we've found. ATT may have changed the terms and availability somewhat, but we added a 4th SIM under our old plan. We've been averaging 320-360 GB/mon, which is why we added the 4th SIM. We have no other real choice where we live, and we always use it while traveling.

73/gus
ProPride 3P/Prodigy P3
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
I spoke too soon.. OTR has just raised prices this evening and moved from ATT towers to TMobile.

I don't see how OTR survives this one..

Dear member of our OTR Mobile family,

Thank you for being a valued customer! We appreciate your business and strive to provide the best possible service to meet your needs. Our goal is to be the leader in flexible mobile internet service that fits your on-the-go lifestyle without the hassle of contracts or credit checks.

Due to current provider changes, we have been forced to discontinue our Blue Blast plan. This will affect your current service. However, we will be sending a new sim card at no charge to avoid any service interruption. The new plan will be the same coverage area you have been using and is designed to be more stable and dependable. No action is required to be sent a sim card but as soon as you receive the sim you will need to insert the sim into your device. A tracking number will be emailed as soon as your new sim card is shipped. The sim will come with an adapter, you will need to remove the old sim card and insert the new sim card.

This new plan will come with a price increase. However, as a courtesy, we will be leaving you at your current rate until February 1,2021. As of February 1, 2021 your price will be $109 per month. Customers who do not want to migrate to the Blue Evo plan you MUST CONTACT US directly by Live Chat or by phone to discontinue service.

While we make every effort to keep our prices low, our costs are tied to the rates of our carriers. Providers do charge for access to their networks and we are subject to limitations they place on the access we provide to those networks.

The value we provide to our customers is always our top priority. Value isn’t always just price. Value also includes the quality of our networks and the effective and efficient customer service we want to provide to you. We are committed to providing you the most flexible service at the best value possible. Thank you for being a part of our OTR Mobile family and happy holidays.

Sincerely,

OTR Mobile