Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Marshall , Virginia
Yeah I think you are right based on other's comments. I'd be interested to find out where the wires come out of that fridge wall for someone who has a 25' international with the AV updgrade.

It looks like it would require cutting a hole in the wall to find the wires....wouldn't want to cut it in the wrong spot.

I am actually thinking though of cutting the wire were it comes through behind the plug and cable outlet in my overhead storage bin. I think I have enough slack on it to cut it and attach new RCA plugs on the end and get it into a rca outlet there. It would avoid me having to cut an exploritory hole in the refrigerator wall. All my other TV wires are up there anyway.

I'm almost certain that the wire back there is the same one that goes to the stereo. I can't think of where another RCA type flat three wire would be going?

Worse case I could put it back together I guess.

I attached a closer pic showing it. You can also see what I think is the other two wire RCA cable back behind it.

Dean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oh-cab.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	65180  

Old 08-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Marshall , Virginia
Here's an update:

I went ahead and cut the wire and it was in fact the left, right, & video wire going back to the stereo. I added plugs to the cut left and right wires and had enough cable to get them into the back of an rca coupler plate.

I replaced the single coax cable plate that was in there with a three way rca coupler plate. I didn't bother with the video (yellow) wire...I swapped that jack out for a coax coupler and connected the existing Wineguard antenna wire to it and put it all back together.

My problem now is that the Sony cdx f5000 stereo apparently won't accept an Aux input without another piece of equipment (read about this in another thread). It has aux bus inputs on the back but I can't get it to work.

Anyway I have attached a pic of the finished product.

I am going to cut a small hole in the back corner of the bottom of the overhead storage cabinet to neatly run the wires down to the TV without having to come out of the front sliding door.

Also....I did find the other rca cable under the couch on the street side with the other sub wires...as suggested earlier in this thread.

Dean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rca-plugs.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	65486  

Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #31
Beneath the title

2005 28' International CCD
Mount Pleasant , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy View Post
Here's an update:

My problem now is that the Sony cdx f5000 stereo apparently won't accept an Aux input without another piece of equipment (read about this in another thread). It has aux bus inputs on the back but I can't get it to work.

Also....I did find the other rca cable under the couch on the street side with the other sub wires...as suggested earlier in this thread.

Dean
I am involved in the same kind of project. I decided to change out the Sony with a Clarion, it will have an auxilliary, iPod and HD radio. The wiring is a bit of a nightmare. I have two sets of RCA, one is obvioulsy for video, red, black and yellow and the other is for a sub woofer. I dont know where the sub woofer ends up but I think it is near the table.

I will add some pics later.

Thanks for your research and development.

Aunt Gladys, 28FT, Intl'
"Man, it's hot here, is the heat on?"
jnerges is offline   Reply With Quote